Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll - Are You Attracted To Overweight People?

What turns you on?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What turns you on?

• I don't care how overweight my significant other (MSO) is, other virtues are what turn me on.
    • Fat turns me ON! The bigger the better.
    • Within reason MSO's weight isn't an issue for me.
    • I'm overweight, but I expect MSO to be only slightly overweight or thinner.
    • I won't settle for anything less than perfection. I am only attracted to model types.

I didn't vote because I like thin men, but perfection doesn't matter and there wasn't an option. I find lots of beefy guys very sexy (Kevin James, yum!) but I never dated any and avoided them at all costs, but only because of my own personal hell with food. The last thing I need is another eating partner, though what fun that would be! I see too many large couples that get complacent in their obese relationships. I knew eating would always be an issue and that I'd need someone to support and help me instead of joining me.

I voted that I didn't care how overweight my guy is. However, I was reminded of a Drew Carey episode where his girlfriend left him because being with him made HER eat more and get fat. I have to admit that, if I were looking for a new guy, that would be an issue. I don't know if I would want to be around a guy all the time whose eating was out of control, because it would encourage me to overeat.

I think it ultimately depends on what's inside, but it's the outside attraction that gets your attention.. And as a whole I have never been attracted to overweight guys. There is one exception, he was a friend first, and after knowing him a while I became attracted to him.. ironically, he didn't want to date a fat girl! Hah! And I saw a guy on intervention last night (he was the brother of an addict), and he was a big guy, but he was SO CUTE I couldn't help myself. The most beautiful big brown puppy dog eyes (one thing my DH has that attracted me off the bat). I think that's the first overweight guy I actually thought looked attractive on first glance.

It's hypocritical, but I can't help what I like?

DH was washboard when I met him.. he's now squishy, but I don't consider him overweight (yet), but if he ended up becoming 'fat', I wouldn't care.

I voted ....within reason.....

But, yes, I'm in love with a BIG (*wink*) man.... he's bigger now, than when I first met him, and could stand to lose a few pounds for his health, as should I, but I'm more in love with him now....than when I knew the "skinnier" him... I think its your connection that counts, at least for us. And while it's been 12 years and 60lbs since I met my husband..... I'm still in love!:kiss2:

It's hypocritical, but I can't help what I like?
No beating yourself up, it's not hypocritical unless you're also saying, "Guys should be attracted to me right away!" And that's the thing for me. Generally speaking just the physical appearance of a fat guy is not going to attract me, but at the same time, I would never expect a guy to be attracted to me on sight, and would never be mad if someone told me they aren't attracted to fat girls.

I didn't vote because I didn't think any of the choices fit my criteria. My husband who is 6' 1 P was about 176 lbs when we met. He looked mighty fine. Tall, dark and very handsome. Over the ten years he has gained about 20 lbs, but he still looks fine. I still get goose bumps when he touches me. He loved me when I was a size 14 and he still loves me now that I lost my weight. But the best part is that I now also love myself.

I said thin or slightly overweight. I have been married for 23 years and my hubby and I were both thin and fit when we met (our friends used to call us Ken and Barbie!) I have never been attracted to overweight men even though I know it would not be fair for me to judge if I were dating since I am big myself. Luckily my husband has stayed pretty thin (he recently lost about thirty pounds and now is 6 foot 1 with a 34 inch waist! I know my husband still loves me fat but I know that he would not be attracted to a fat woman he didn't know. I have to agree with the woman on Oprah that there seems to be something creepy about these guys who like to date only fat girls. I think its great that a guy would fall for a big girl (like if he met her at work or something) but it just seems strange that guys would cruise fat clubs just looking for fat girls. But I have to admit to some prejudice against fat people. I was thin most of my life and I always thought there was no way a man could find me attractive if I was fat. I am afraid that is how a lot of thin women think.

Personally I think it's who's inside the body that counts.

If I were single, I don't think I could date anyone (large or not)though, only because of my own insecurities and self loathing of my own body.

My husband is not obese but is a little on the larger side, and is totally comfortable in his own skin, and is 6'4.. and gets looked at by other women all the time (and sometimes men too, lol!).

Moving back to the topic at hand - as far as looks go, I find eyes and smiles are what attracts me.

interesting story, there is a clerk at a store down the street who makes those uber-skinny fashion models look like jabba the hutt, and she accused me of checking her out or staring at her or some such tripe. She of course had the obligatory disgusted look on her face, I just smiled and walked off after buying my cancer sticks. I was NOT checking her out, I was thinking:

"EAT A F**KING BIG MAC!!!"

Unknown if my telepathic message got across, possible updates if I remember.

interesting story, there is a clerk at a store down the street who makes those uber-skinny fashion models look like jabba the hutt, and she accused me of checking her out or staring at her or some such tripe. She of course had the obligatory disgusted look on her face, I just smiled and walked off after buying my cancer sticks. I was NOT checking her out, I was thinking:

"EAT A F**KING BIG MAC!!!"

Unknown if my telepathic message got across, possible updates if I remember.

LOL Wear sunglasses. I do. It makes it much easier to stare at people. :)

Green- HAHA ME TOO ME TOO!

I have Rx Sunglasses, and I always wear them (if there's any hint of sun out), just so I can people watch. I have a horrible staring problem. I'm not judging them or anything, I just like to see how people act when they don't expect someone to be watching. It fascinates me..

The catch is.. I blatently stare with my sunglasses.. and I've had them for 2 years.. a month ago, I looked at myself in the mirror and realized.. you can see through my sunglasses. So now I'm just a creepy person hah hah.

Green- HAHA ME TOO ME TOO!

I have Rx Sunglasses, and I always wear them (if there's any hint of sun out), just so I can people watch. I have a horrible staring problem. I'm not judging them or anything, I just like to see how people act when they don't expect someone to be watching. It fascinates me..

The catch is.. I blatently stare with my sunglasses.. and I've had them for 2 years.. a month ago, I looked at myself in the mirror and realized.. you can see through my sunglasses. So now I'm just a creepy person hah hah.

I used to wear the kind that had mirrors when they were in fashion. That was a long, long time ago. ;) And, yah, watching people is lots of fun! :)