Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone,

I am 7 weeks post op. My surgen said wait 6 weeks before any alchohol.

I have had a few mixed drinks, Mike's lemonades, wine coolers with no problems. About a week ago I had a drink of my girlfriends beer and it almost had me on the floor in pain. I'm guessing in was the carbonation. Has anyone else has this problem with beer or how long should it be until we can have carbonated liquids.< /p>

My doc says "never again" on the carbonation. Others may say something different. Since my doc really isn't all that strict compared to other surgeons, I'm inclined to listen when he actually says something is off limits. Thanks for the warning. I know eventually I'd get around to testing the waters on beer. This will curb my curiosity.

My surgeon also said no carbonated drinks. Although id stop drinking sodas about a year prior to my surgery, so that helped.

when can have carbonated liquids.

JRoybal

My NUT and dr. told me not to have any carbanated drinks , ever

raising our glasses, lets have a drink to our health, Water of course ;)

good luck :)

kathy

ps

came back to edit now

SweetPea 1, cynthia

we must have posted at the same time ;)

came back

Edited by likasulema

Hardest part of this surgery, diet wise, for me is giving up carbonated drinks.< /p>

My Dr says never again. :(

I am 6 months out and still cannot do really carbonated drinks...I keep trying but they dont agree with me either. I can do the lightly carbomated like the Hard lemonades etc. I wasnt in pain like you but it was uncomfortable. Not sure but maybe we cant do beer right now. Sucks cause I like my beer too!

I'm with the others..... I don't do carbonation.... just doesn't sit well at all... Plus, there is nothing healthy about sugar or carb laden malt beverages... whether it be wine coolers, beer, etc.... If anything, why don't you enjoy a nice glass of red wine??

Isn't it true that it will stretch your sleeve?

The proper answer is never.

The realistic answer is you'll just have to test those waters on your own time schedule.

I had about 10oz of Dr. Pepper about 7 or 8 weeks out. It didn't bother me, I just found that I really don't care for Dr Pepper anymore. Ended up throwing 1/2 of a 20oz bottle in the trash.

Beer is a pretty heavy drink. So it may or may not have been the carbonation.

And just for the record I'd quit drinking all together before I'd drink wine. I'd never live it down if the guys saw me with a wine glass.

And just for the record I'd quit drinking all together before I'd drink wine. I'd never live it down if the guys saw me with a wine glass.

Really? How odd. All the men I know drink wine.

As for carbonation, I was told nothing for six months and then limited going forward.

The realistic answer is you'll just have to test those waters on your own time schedule.

I had about 10oz of Dr. Pepper about 7 or 8 weeks out. It didn't bother me' date=' I just found that I really don't care for Dr Pepper anymore. Ended up throwing 1/2 of a 20oz bottle in the trash.

And just for the record I'd quit drinking all together before I'd drink wine. I'd never live it down if the guys saw me with a wine glass.[/quote']

I find men who drink wine to be very sexy. :)

I had about 10oz of Dr. Pepper about 7 or 8 weeks out. It didn't bother me, I just found that I really don't care for Dr Pepper anymore. Ended up throwing 1/2 of a 20oz bottle in the trash.

Maybe you should broaden your horizons.... and friendships!! just sayin! :)

Maybe you should broaden your horizons.... and friendships!! just sayin! :)

Maybe I should, but I probably won't. Beer & whiskey people are more my style. just sayin! :)

My Doc & Nut had printed in our manual (produced a cople years ago) "never" drink alcohol. In class, they had us turn to that page and scratch through the "Never", and simply write "avoid". They said no harm now and again, but don't make it a habit/new transference/addiction.