Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! I'm Chris and I am new on vertical sleeve talk. I'm currently pre-op with my surgery scheduled on September 4th. I am both extremely excited and completely nervous. I know that the VSG is the right move for me but I am nervous about the potential complications.

I have had a lifelong issue with my weight. I remember going on my first diet in the third grade. I got to a point when I turned thirty that I was considering weight loss surgery, but I wanted to try and give it another shot on my own. I didn't really like the idea of the Lapband or the gastric bypass for myself, so I didn't really want to do surgery at that time. I worked with a bariatric doctor and a nutritionist and went from 326 to 207. But then the my portions grew again and the scale started to creep back up. Now at age 35, I knew I had to do something and talked with my doctor who gave me a surgical referral. When I began talking with them they told me about another surgery I didn't know about, the sleeve. After some research, I realized that was the surgery for me, it was the one I was waiting for. When I began this process I weighed 301. Right now I'm at about 270.

I appreciate anybody who has advice, encouragement, or even complications to watch for.

Thanks! Talk to you guys soon!

Hi Chris, my name is Maria and I to new that the sleeve was for me when I heard of it. I actually had my mind set on gastric bypass until my Chiropracter had me speak on the phone with one of his patients who had the sleeve done. I love what she had to say and I researched it. I knew then that this was for me. I am 5 weeks post op and feeling great. The first 4 weeks are the hardest. Being on full liquids gets tiring and boring. Mushy foods gets better. At least there is more of a variety. Now I'm starting to eat regular food. I take it very easy because my stomach still doesn't tolerate everything. I had my surgery July 11th and I'm down 31 lbs. I'm fitting into clothes I haven't worn in two to three years and I'm so happy. Everyone is noticing. By next summer hopefully I'll be able to put on a bathing suit and not feel like a beached whale!!!!

Good Luck in your surgery. Don't be scared. They do so much of these surgeries everyday they could practically do them with their eyes closed. Just keep thinking about what you're gonna look like next year.

Hi Chris and welcome!

Just jump in and ask questions and contribute - all are welcome.

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum. You will find a plethra of information here to answer pretty much all your questions and concerns, I did! It is normal to be nervous/excited etc, I know I was. I had my surgery Feb 9th , went home the next day at noon and have never looked back! I had no issues at all other than the soreness from surgery the first week. No issues with any drinks/food at all. I started at 255 middle of January, was down to 240 at surgery and am at 176 now, six months out and 26 lbs from goal!!! You can do this! Best of luck to you, keep us posted! :D

Hi Chris, Welcome to VST! Soon you will be a full member of the Big Loser's Club! LOL If you have any questions, please feel to ask. :) Dorrie

Hi Chris! Welcome to VST =)

It took me a while to decide surgery at all was an option for me. Once I decided it flew by - it's hard sometimes to believe I actually am 3 weeks post-op. When I started my research I didn't know anything about the sleeve, but when I read up on it and combined it with the experiences people I know have had with RNY, I decided sleeve was for me. And I was right, I don't regret it a bit.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches