Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is There Spice After The Sleeve?

I am 3 months post op, I regularly slice jalepenos and fill them with ff cream cheese then grill them as a side with my turkey burger. The other day, I did I with a habenero.

Tonight, I made 4 cheese mashed cauliflower bake with Italian turkey sausage, diced green chilies and diced jalepenos.

I love spicy! Very thankful that I can enjoy it like a normal person now.

OMG... that sounds delicious... My first spicy meal has just been planned. :)

ok, here's the recipe, but i must give credit where it is due. this started as a recipe for a side dish that i found on bariatricfoodie.com but i decided that with a few changes, i could make it spicier and a main dish! so, here it is

Ingredients (I shop at kroger, if you shop elsewhere nut facts may differ slightly)

1 bag frozen cauliflower (2-4 cups)

2-4 oz. of three different kinds of cheese (So 6-8 oz. cheese total. You're using a few ounces of each KIND of cheese. I used 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 2 slices Swiss cut/torn into small pieces)

1 egg, beaten

6 oz. container Greek yogurt (or 3/4 cup)

2 tablespoons parkay spray butter (take lid off, pour out 2 T) (I use this because it has zero or very little calories or fat)

1/4 c. whole wheat bread crumbs (i couldnt find any at the store, so i toasted wheat bread and crumbled it myself)

1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese

1 lb Italian turkey sausage

1 small can diced green chili's (about 3oz)

1 small can diced jalepenos (about 3 oz)

Dashes of: onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper and Italian seasoning

Directions

Boil cauliflower florets until tender, drain And mash

While its boiling cut the skin off the sausage and brown the sausage in a skillet chopping into bits then drain.

Mix in mashed cauliflower, sausage, cheeses, yogurt, peppers and whatever spices you like, except the Italian seasoning (keep the cauliflower in the pot when you do this). Stir thoroughly then mix in the egg.

Transfer mixture over to a 13 x 9 casserole dish.

In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and "butter."

Spread evenly over cauliflower mixture and top with a healthy dose of the Italian seasoning.

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until top is nicely browned.

this makes enough for 8-10 or so 3/4 cup servings

with the ingredients that i used, these are my nutrition stats for this meal.

calories per serving - 210

carbs per serving- 9

fat per serving - 11

Protein per serving - 21

it tastes great, enjoy!

Can I please have the recipe for the 4 cheese mashed cauliflower bake w / turkey sausages misc.... I am very ignorant in the kitchen so I kinda need stuff spelled out, or what website do you use for recipes. Thanks a lot.

my go to sites for recipes are here

http://gastricsleeve4me.blogspot.com/

http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

http://www.emilybites.com/

especially check out emilybites! she has about 100 recipes on her site, most of them have NUT facts with them. i live off of her 'cupcake' meal recipes. they are awesome. good luck.