Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Want To See Before & After Pics!

16% body fat is awesome bud. My goal is go get below 15% and I will be a happy man.

I think my sleeve is a little bigger then most. I have no issues eating 4-6oz of chicken or steak if I keep it moist when cooking. I find BBQing my Protein, slow indirect heat, keeps my protein moist and tender. If I quickly grill it over direct heat I can`t eat nearly as much.

I am now eating over 200g protein daily rather easily. I just started doing this about 3 weeks ago and it help break a stall I was in.

What I do now is take 1.5 scoops of whey isolate per shake instead of 1 scoop. That`s 45g protein twice a day from shakes. I drink one shake about an hour before working out and the second one when I get home from my workout about 2 hours later. In the evening about an hour before bed I drink a single scoop of casein worth another 24g protein. So in shakes daily I am getting 114g protein. I actually like drinking shakes because I make so many different types and still look forward to drinking them.

I use to eat at least 4-5 meals a day but since upping the shakes I eat about 3 meals and a snack or two if it fits within my macros. In each of my meals I make sure to have 4oz of protein for either chicken breast, top sirloin or salmon. For example I would take 1 8oz chicken breast and split it into two 4oz portions and that`s good for 2 of my 3 meals. 4oz of chicken breast is 26g of protein so that`s another 52g protein added to the shakes. With another 4oz serving of salmon of steak its around another 25g protein.

That`s 191g of protein and I usually bring that up over 200g with a hard boiled egg, high protein kashi Cereal or greek yogurt based Salad Dressing.< /p>

I have actually upped my allowed carbs to 100g daily and am still losing. The biggest NSV for me is I am now over 1800calories a day and still losing. It took me about 6 weeks but I finally have gotten my metabolism back on track. Its a nice feeling eating this much and still losing.

Thanks mike, I always learn a lot from your posts.

16% body fat is awesome bud. My goal is go get below 15% and I will be a happy man.

I think my sleeve is a little bigger then most. I have no issues eating 4-6oz of chicken or steak if I keep it moist when cooking. I find BBQing my protein' date=' slow indirect heat, keeps my Protein moist and tender. If I quickly grill it over direct heat I can`t eat nearly as much.

I am now eating over 200g protein daily rather easily. I just started doing this about 3 weeks ago and it help break a stall I was in.

What I do now is take 1.5 scoops of whey isolate per shake instead of 1 scoop. That`s 45g protein twice a day from shakes. I drink one shake about an hour before working out and the second one when I get home from my workout about 2 hours later. In the evening about an hour before bed I drink a single scoop of casein worth another 24g protein. So in shakes daily I am getting 114g protein. I actually like drinking shakes because I make so many different types and still look forward to drinking them.

I use to eat at least 4-5 meals a day but since upping the shakes I eat about 3 meals and a snack or two if it fits within my macros. In each of my meals I make sure to have 4oz of protein for either chicken breast, top sirloin or salmon. For example I would take 1 8oz chicken breast and split it into two 4oz portions and that`s good for 2 of my 3 meals. 4oz of chicken breast is 26g of protein so that`s another 52g protein added to the shakes. With another 4oz serving of salmon of steak its around another 25g protein.

That`s 191g of protein and I usually bring that up over 200g with a hard boiled egg, high protein kashi cereal or greek yogurt based Salad Dressing.< /p>

I have actually upped my allowed carbs to 100g daily and am still losing. The biggest NSV for me is I am now over 1800calories a day and still losing. It took me about 6 weeks but I finally have gotten my metabolism back on track. Its a nice feeling eating this much and still losing.

.[/quote']

I don't want to be devils advocate, but are you aware the average human body will struggle to absorb more than 80 grams of protein a day?

The body can't store excess protein so instead it heads for the liver and results in increased urea excretion. It can then lead to kidney stones and other issues.

This may not be an issue for you but I thought I should highlight this given the very high levels of protein you are taking in.

I strive for the 80grams a day, but beyond that I dedicate what room is left in my wee sleeve to good quality fats and carbs rather than more protein that I can't use and that may be harmful over time.

I don't want to be devils advocate, but are you aware the average human body will struggle to absorb more than 80 grams of Protein a day?

The body can't store excess protein so instead it heads for the liver and results in increased urea excretion. It can then lead to kidney stones and other issues.

This may not be an issue for you but I thought I should highlight this given the very high levels of protein you are taking in.

I strive for the 80grams a day, but beyond that I dedicate what room is left in my wee sleeve to good quality fats and carbs rather than more protein that I can't use and that may be harmful over time.

can you show me where your read this. I have read a few different articles stating to keep protein intake to around 45-50g per meal max because thats all our bodies can absorb in an hour or 2. Your saying my body is struggling to absorb 80g a day. My Dr told me that when sleeve patients are advised to eat 60-80g protein a day that its actually the minimum requirement. If you can eat more then that its encouraged.

Its pretty common knowledge in the fitness world that your should be eating about 1g of protein per lean body mass. Most people have more than 80lbs of lean mass on them. Most body builders are eating over 2g per lb daily.

Would love to see a source regarding this 80g of protein daily... confilcts with so many articles I have read.

I don't want to be devils advocate' date=' but are you aware the average human body will struggle to absorb more than 80 grams of Protein a day?

I strive for the 80grams a day, but beyond that I dedicate what room is left in my wee sleeve to good quality fats and carbs rather than more protein that I can't use and that may be harmful over time.[/quote']

I think it is very important to be drinking Water all day long to avoid complications from large amount of protein. Measure your consumption in 1-2 gallons a day. Similar to what Mike said above, I have read your body can consume 40 g effectively in a single meal every 2 -3 hours for men. For women, this number is 30 g of protein. Consuming less is not optimizing your body's natural ability to process protein.

Also wanted to point out that you are correct in the point you made regarding my Protein intake. For my lean body mass it is actually about 50g to much a day. It reaches that high because I like drinking a Protein Shake before and after a workout. I have actually completely changed up my diet the last 3 weeks and have been eating more calories daily to get it up to where it is now at 1800. I have to sit back and rethink how I can hit my daily macros without taking in so much protein.

With that said... I still believe my body absorbs a lot more than 80g a day.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/480054-how-much-protein-can-we-absorb-per-meal/

I think it is very important to be drinking Water all day long to avoid complications from large amount of Protein. Measure your consumption in 1-2 gallons a day. Similar to what Mike said above, I have read your body can consume 40 g effectively in a single meal every 2 -3 hours for men. For women, this number is 30 g of protein. Consuming less is not optimizing your body's natural ability to process protein.

Water consumption and consuming high amounts of protein go hand and hand.

Thanks for the link. I have always enjoyed reading books and various online articles from Tom Venuto for the last 7 years so have an appreciation for seeing him quoted as an an expert opinion. I feel my intake of 170 is pretty close to optimal using their formula based on current weight of 185.

Thanks for the link. I have always enjoyed reading books and various online articles from Tom Venuto for the last 7 years so have an appreciation for seeing him quoted as an an expert opinion. I feel my intake of 170 is pretty close to optimal using their formula based on current weight of 185.

yup, 170 is pretty spot on for you. What brand of Protein are you taking. costco now sells a special blend only sold at costco made by optimum nutrition. I know you are probably familiar with their gold stand Protein but this is a similar blend with more bcaa`s and 6 more grams protein per shake. This new blend is only offered at costco stores... Not sure why just costo stores. I have been taking it for the last month and it taste great. Its vanilla milkshake flavor so its easy to add things to it to change the flavors up. Worth a try if your getting low on protein.

I am sorry. I realise now I was referring to the advice given for me and my body and not clicking that it wasn't generic advice for everyone!

Well it has been two years and here are the before and after of clothes. The bottom shorts were from two years ago size 26. The top pair I bought this weekend and they are size 6. I really hope that my mind catches up to my body someday. I still have a hard time believing that I have lost more wight than I weigh now. I still find it crazydde1d.

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Sleeve 2/22/13

Not done yet. 40lbs to goal!

U look great keep it up you will be at goal in no time!

I had posted before in a separate topic' date=' but will post here too! I love seeing other pictures and find them inspirational, so I will post mine too![/quote']

You look so good!! I hope I can have results like you! Ps. I love your hair in a pixie sooo cute!!