Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bubbles & Delarla go to TJ

The Tijuana saga continues. Dr. Kuri had me confused cuz he originally said I'd have to stay in the hospital overnight if he was going to remove my port. But when surgery day came, he told my friend, Babs (aka Bubbles) to leave and come back in 40 minutes because he had to remove my port. She looked confused because she figured I'd be there overnight. After I was released I couldn't find her! She had me scared to death because she's this 90 pound American that can't speak a lick of Spanish and has no fear. Like one of those 2 year olds who dive into a pool cuz it looks fun. Hospital security was looking for her, then took me to the hotel where hotel security helped us search. Nobody had seen her, and her cell wasn't working. Right out of surgery I was hysterical for 25 minutes till her phone finally worked. The lush was 20 feet away the whole time at La Roca, a bar across the street from the hospital (which is more like a Quick Care facility than a regular hospital.)

Babs & I bought matching smiley face toe rings and bartered with every merchant on Revolution Blvd. I now own my favorite blanket in the entire world that I got for $13 bucks and some new gold charms for my charm Bracelet and foxy new Raybans. All for dirt cheap.

We asked a taxi driver to take us back to the depot on the Mexico side so we could walk through to our parked car in San Diego, but he said he'd just drive us through to the parking lot. I asked if he was allowed to cross, and he said "no problemo." We waited in line for 20 minutes before getting to the gate, but the guards wouldn't let us through and all this drama started. Supervisors rushed us because they thought me & the cabbie were trying to smuggle Babs over the border. They told us cabs aren't allowed to cross. I told the cops that we wanted to be dropped off at the taxi depot and walk across, but the driver insisted he could take us directly to our car. The cops said, "bullshit, all taxi drivers know they're not allowed to cross." Apparently the driver was going to try to use us to get across the border, so we had to pull over. They made us get out while this huge man walked towards us slipping on a rubber glove so we thought we were getting bodily cavity searches! Hearts pounding, tons of questions. Then they sent the driver one way and sent us inside the building for more interrogation about drugs and contraband. I was on the verge of a heart attack when they finally let us through. No food, no sleeping, a cup of black coffee and the horror of my port plus Tijuana and the border patrol simply don't mix. Bubbles grabbed me and nearly ran me through the cement halls that are all on an upward slant while I begged her to slow down. So my 90 pound friend grabbed all the luggage and we bolted as fast as we could, then finally made it to the US side. We were such nervous wrecks that we missed the 5 freeway and driving like idiots just to get out. Soon after we met Donali for lunch, in such a beautiful part of town. It's hard to imagine TJ exists so near such beauty.

Wow, what an experience! I'm so glad that you're doing so well. Please don't overdo it because you feel so good.

I think that you should post a picture of your "new" portless incision, wearing the purple bra AND red glove. Liven up the board for us PLEASE!

Jeanie, I'll do it! I'll take the picture when I do my dressing change! My husband walked in while I was reading old posts and tried figuring out why the heck my hooker glove was on my screen. He just walked away shaking his head. Aye aye aye.

Hey Lisa

Sounds like you and Babs had quite an experience. So happy to hear you are home safe and the port removal went well.

Michelle

I'm really bad about sitting still. I just watched 2 episodes of Friends and can't handle more TV. I turned down 3 invitations tonight but one was tickets to a fight, which grosses me out so I wouldn't go anyway. But Babs invited us to dinner, then my other friend, Coco, called cause a group is going to see the Temptations on the Strip and they have an extra ticket for me. But New Hope said I gotta rest. Darn, I hate when friends are right. Kitty is killing the cap to my water bottle on my desk and Sachi keeps throwing her ball at my feet.

Lisa, I'm not trying to be a party pooper. But I know you want to get this done once and for all. Your homecare nurses are right there to keep an eye on you. Tell your husband that he'd be bored married to anyone else. I can't wait until I'm cold. My thermostat has been stuck on high for years!

Jeanie, thanks for taking care of me today. I made it all day without leaving the house. Hubby is whining that he wants me to go to bed now. I usually go to bed at 10 cuz if I go earlier, I'm up to early. But he's nagging, "when's the last time you had a good night sleep?" So time to brush my teeth and hit the hay.

We have constant air conditioning wars at home. My office is the coldest, so I freeze all summer. When it's 123 outside I sit in my office with a space heater on because my office gets all the cold air, so co-workers are warm while I'm frozen.

But my husband works outside in the heat so he melts all day. He wants the house freezing, I want to thaw out.

I think it was 105 today and I'm still in my socks & long sweats. Dork. Good night. Thanks again for being there.

P.S. My husband says I talk to much. After reading all my posts, I think he's right. Someone delete this please! Feeling insecure, going to bed now. Bye bye!