Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ok so tomorrw i am cleared for the soft phase foods.finally i get to chew something.anywho just wondering if it would be safe to eat a slice of bread n butter pickle.i have been craving one.anyone know about this?

That's a good question! I don't see pickles anywhere on my eat/do not eat list and I would LOVE a dill pickle spear! Anyone have the answer? lol

I think the seeds may pose a risk and the high sodium?

I chopped up pickle in my tuna fish. Delicious!!

I didn't have any problem :)

Ewwwwww grossss!!!! It's never ok to eat those nasty things. Whoever decided to ruin a perfectly good cucumber by drowning it in vinegar(and a few other things) should have been keel hulled. Blech nasty

Sounds crazy, but I enjoy pickle juice! Maybe a sip or three will satisfy your craving?

Ewwwwww grossss!!!! It's never ok to eat those nasty things. Whoever decided to ruin a perfectly good cucumber by drowning it in vinegar(and a few other things) should have been keel hulled. Blech nasty

BAAAHHHH!!!!!! What do you know?!?!? HAHAHAHAHA (we usually see eye to eye, but NOT here!! LOL :lol: )

Seriously though, if it's not blenderized in with something, I would not chew on a pickle during the soft food phase. The peel is especially rough at this phase. It may "feel" fine, but the phases are in place for a reason whether we seem to think something is ok or not. I'd wait on the pickles. I have them all the time now. MMMMMMMMM!!!!

Sounds crazy, but I enjoy pickle juice! Maybe a sip or three will satisfy your craving?

I LOVE Pickle Juice but usually gain 2 pounds after just a small cup. Sodium is too high in them.

well i figure if they r like low sodium and if i cut out the seeds it would be ok.or maybe in the tuna? then again the juice may satisfy my craving lol

well i figure if they r like low sodium and if i cut out the seeds it would be ok.or maybe in the tuna? then again the juice may satisfy my craving lol

I think if did a pickle relish you'd be ok.

Just went to a nut. consult about the soft phase and she said absolutely no pickles at this stage because of the skin. I think a little pickle relish should be ok in a blender for a salad.< /p>

Just went to a nut. consult about the soft phase and she said absolutely no pickles at this stage because of the skin. I think a little pickle relish should be ok in a blender for a salad.

ahh thank you for asking.ya so guess im stuck with relish til later later on :-)

I bought Picked Mix of different veggies at the store this week. No skin but still teh flavor.

I was told no pickles (which I love), but pickle relish would be fine (like in tuna salad), as long as it was diced VERY finely, and I didn't use too much. I found a sugar-free variety of pickle relish, and it tastes great in tuna salad! If you're dead set on a dill pickle, try sucking on a dill spear...the taste alone may ease your craving. Best of luck to you!