Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At what point after your surgery did you realize you weren't hungry anymore?

Excluding recovery or illness, but a general sense that your hunger had diminished.

It took about a week for my hunger to fully disappear - though I think it was mostly head hunger

I am sort of the opposite. Now just over 4 weeks out and trying to eat more regular food, I am finding that I am more hungry than I was just after surgery. I am having to really eat slow and in small portions, so I may not be eating enough at each meal. The supplements make sure I am getting everything I need, but I think I need to eat a little more at each sitting, or more often.

The funny thing is that being a little bit hungry does not bother me at all anymore. I just ignore it for a while. In the past at the first sign of hunger I would have eaten a small wildebeast. Now, I am so pleased with my losses (and since I can not pig out like it was an Olympic sport anyway) it just does not bother me like it used to.

I was totally hungry for a couple of months after the surgery. Then I realized from other posts here that I was having gas and acid reflux that mimicked hunger. After that, my hunger only came when it was time to eat. maybe that was because I was thirsty or just plain head hunger. Go figure! Anyways, this is the best decision I have ever made. :)

I was never hungry after surgery. Though to be fair, I was rarely hungry before (I lost the majority of my hunger sensation with my band - in 6 years I felt true hunger maybe 5 or 6 times, and it just never seemed to come back after removal).

Unfortunately, hunger has nothing to do with it.

when did you realize you weren't hungry anymore?

lessofmeismore

Like SpeciaLK - I was one those lucky ones that after 7 months, i stilll don't have any hunger. Maybe head hunger very seldomly. Shhhhhh....don't tell anyone, hope i didn't jinx myself ;)

I've read on the board, sometimes people had to remind themselves to eat. That was probably at the very early stages.

i don't have to remind myself to eat anymore, or less :lol:

luck

kathy

I think I'm still learning my sleeve. I'm trying to figure out what its telling me and exclude what my mind says its telling me. Does that make sense?

I do have the strangest sensations going on, just have to figure out what they are :)

Thanks everyone!!!

Maybe its head hunger but I never lost my hunger. I take acid reducer. I never forget to eat. It is more managable though.

I'm four weeks post-op (tomorrow), and I've yet to experience anything remotely like "hunger." I eat according to a schedule (to ensure I get enough Protein and Water every day), but most of the time I have no interest in putting anything in my mouth. While I'm thrilled to be able to eat so little, and feel "satisfied" all day long, at times I find it annoying. I want to want something....anything....to enjoy the taste of something...but most of the time eating is just a chore. :)

I haven't been hungry at all since surgery. I'm 5 days out now and I eat because I need to get nutrients in. I hope this feeling stays with me. It's wonderful to not feel hungry every minute of the day.

My hunger was nonexistent until a month and a half out from surgery. Now I get hungry when it is time to eat, every 4 hours or so, but not like before. Instead it is just a hollow feeling kind of. It is much better than feeling starving though!

I have literally set reminders on my calendar at work to "go eat". If I didn't have those, and didn't have any distractions of people around me eating, I could easily work through the day without eating anything.

When we go out for the day, especially with company that doesn't know about my "odd" eating habits, they always have to remind me that they get hungry, or I will just go & go with no thought about stopping for Snacks or lunch.

Like I said, this isn't really a sleeve thing for me. It mayb e related to the location of my scar tissue from banding & slip.

I'm 6 weeks out tomorrow and have had no real hunger. The ony hunger I have is head hunger but I'm having less and less as time goes on.

I had a bit of a learning curve -- distinguishing head hunger from the desire to chew/taste from thirst, etc. It took me a good 3 months before I had it wired. Sometimes I do still "feel" hunger when it is the appropriate time to eat but it is no where near what it had been in the past. Most days, however, I have to remind myself to get my Proteins in and drink because I just don't get the hunger signal.