Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What A Croc: Croc Hunter Killed!!

When I was little, Sunday nights was family night. We would sit down with a big bowl of popcorn and watch The Wonderful World of Disney and Wild Kingdom as a family. I had such fond memories of that. Then, when my kids came along, we carried on the tradition and would watch the Crocodile Hunter. My kids learned a great deal about respecting nature from his show. I feel just awful for his wife and young children.

I'm going back to my horseracing forum where the subject is horses and nothing else. I don't have to deal with issues not related to horse racing. I don't need the drama here, and I don't intend to start a thread with anything in it, but thanks so much for your advice.

Hey your posts were mellow before, what's up now. We had no drama only news of Steve's death.

I was thinking about doing an interaction with manta rays when I visit the Bahamas next summer...now, hmmmmm.

It is good to remember that wild things are just that, wild. Maybe we ought to all be more respectful of that.

I was thinking about doing an interaction with manta rays when I visit the Bahamas next summer...now, hmmmmm.

It is good to remember that wild things are just that, wild. Maybe we ought to all be more respectful of that.

I said to my husband this morning, "you know how you don't get killed by a stingray, you don't swim with them".

Hey your posts were mellow before, what's up now. We had no drama only news of Steve's death.

I guess I've just realized this is no place for me. I know all obese people aren't cruel but I've met my fair share of them on here. It's not very encouraging. I don't agree with the Tired Old Man...none of his posts. It is nothing but dribble and one-sided opinions and God help anyone that doesn't agree. Is this what obesity does to you people. If so perhaps you need to look at another reason for saying people treat obese people differently...maybe it isn't how you look but how you act.

I didn't appreciate my mom being brought into this conversation by Susan. Her business is her business and yes it did hit a sour note I'm sorry to say and it was totally uncalled for.

I wish you the best of luck. You seem like one of the nicer ones here.

Best of luck to you.

I imagine any kind of work with wild or exotic animals is dangerous...I enjoy watching programs on them, and someone has to make them. I'm glad there are people who want to.

I agree with you, Joliesmom...but then, the way not to get killed in an auto accident is not to drive, and I do that and it's not even fun! LOL!

Thanks for helping keep this thread on topic.

I would love to work with animals. I think his show had an especially big influence on my daughter. She wants to be a marine biologist someday.

My children loved the guy! I feel sad that he is gone, but I agree that it was doing something he loved doing. He is very young and leaves behind a sweet family, and I think that is sad regardless of any actions he had been a part of that created controversy in the past.

Rest in peace Steve! Crock's rule! :rockon:

Point well taken, TOM. I don't agree with everything you said, and feel people have to be responsible for their own actions, but can't deny that people are influenced easily.

And yes, it was irresponsible to have the infant around the crocs. Anything could have happened. I still Luff him, though!:)

I agree with you, Joliesmom...but then, the way not to get killed in an auto accident is not to drive, and I do that and it's not even fun! LOL!

Never thought about that....:)

I feel sorry for his family. His death was a freak accident. I appreciate the passion he had for these dangerous animals. Granted what he did was dangerous but I know I enjoyed his show. I probably had a higher chance of dying in my car driving to work than anyone does of being speared through the heart by a sting ray.

Consider he didn't die as the result of a croc attack and none of his children have been injured as a result of a croc attack, I don't think his having them around them means anything really. He knew what he was doing.

RIP Steve!

I was truly sad when I read about it this morning. Tired Old Man-your thread title is a little mean spirited. "What a Croc-" (!) I don't agree that he should have been carrying his son while feeding a croc. It was poor judgment to say the least! But all in all he was a very good educator, had wonderful enthusiam and great dedication. The Australian zoo is a success due to him. He was a champion for endangered species and made a difference in the world. He left way too young.

The play on words of your title made me cringe. I am simply telling how I percieved it and how I felt about it.

I was truly sad when I read about it this morning. Tired Old Man-your thread title is a little mean spirited. "What a Croc-" (!) I don't agree that he should have been carrying his son while feeding a croc. It was poor judgment to say the least! But all in all he was a very good educator, had wonderful enthusiam and great dedication. The Australian zoo is a success due to him. He was a champion for endangered species and made a difference in the world. He left way too young.

The play on words of your title made me cringe. I am simply telling how I percieved it and how I felt about it.

I have to agree with you diva. The title of the thread seems a little harsh to me. Who are we to judge a man upon his passing? My thoughts are with his family and especially to his children who, regardless of your personal feelings of the man, just lost their daddy.

44 is soooo young!! However, I am a firm believer that when it is your time regardless of where you are and what you doing you are done. We all have events on the calendar, two of which are unavoidable: birth and death.

May he rest in peace and his family find comfort!! How may of us can say we live daily doing what we love and know that we could die at any time hopefully doing what we LOVE!!