Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need Help!!!!!

I was banded on 8/25/06. I have the VG band and it was filled during surgery with 3cc. Everything has been great until tonight. I was watching a show and laughed when I heard or rather felt this "pop" near my port. I have no vomiting, no pain, etc. I am really worried that my band slipped or something. Maybe came apart. Has ANYONE had anything like this happen??????? I am sort of freaking out. I can eat and drink fine.

Hmmm. I have no idea. I can understand your concern. I've not been long banded myself, also with a VG, but no fill at surgery. I do know that my abdominal muscles were very sore for awhile. My DH would purposely make me laugh, cause he knew it would be uncomfortable! Maybe it's some sort of scar tissue or adhesion breaking loose.(I'm no health care professional - thats an off the wall guess) Of course, always call your surgeons office and ask them. Even if it is nothing, talk to them to be sure.

Let us know how it turns out.

Terry :rolleyes:

Hopefully, seeing as you are not experiencing any pain or vomiting, and are able to eat and drink, everything is fine. However, I would call my doctor just to reassure myself of that and see what he/she has to say.

The port is sewn (sutured) to muscle tissue, so perhaps it popped a stitch?

I have no idea...if it causes you worry, I'd check with the doctor!

If you are able to eat and drink more than usual most likely your tubing has separated from your port. This is an easy fix but you need to call your physician.

I had my band put in Feb 05 and my port has developed a leak and I am able to eat and drink everything. Not sure if the leak is in the port or at the connection of the tubing to the port. I will be going back in surgery at the end of this month.

I can't believe your were filled during surgery. Most patients wait up to 6 weeks before their first fill in order to allow the band to settle and heal. You performed your surgery?

Good luck and let us know what happened.

thanks everyone!!

Dr. Spiegel in Houston did my surgery. I went to the ER last night, WHAT A JOKE!! of course this would happen on labor day weekend so I can't get in touch with anyone until tuesday...... I just went to lunch and had Soup. I still get full on about 1/2 a bowl. So I think everything is ok, btu being new to this experience I was freaking out. I was a self pay and can't imagine paying for this again. If I drink a lot of liquid real fast I can get full for a few minutes. I will be calling the Dr.'s office in the morning. I know I will never see Dr. Spiegel again unless he is cutting on me, but the surgery center should be able to help me. I know I will be having to do the barium swallow and x-ray. Thanks again for all of your help. Hopefully the port tubing is still in tact.

Brian

If you are getting full on the amount of food you say you are eating it doesn't sound like a line/port disconnect. Could be just a stitch as previously suggested by someone. Don't worry! Sounds like it is working okay, just go to your doctor when you can. In the meantime keep doing what you are suppose to. Sounds like it will be okay. Please keep me posted. :cry

Here is my latest update:

I went to the surgery center today and did the barium swallow. All is o.k. with my band. The nurse said it was possibly just a muscle pop. I met a few other people that were in to get filled, and a couple of them had experienced the same thing with the popping. Thanks again for the support!!

Brian