Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WARNING - GROSS pics attached

Thanks Michelle and all the rest for the good thoughts. I am attaching the pic of my abdomen showing the redness around the port site. That way if anyone else experiences this they will know what it is.

post-204009-13813131244836_thumb.jpg

You girls spoke too soon! I'm not brave. I'm not I'm not I'm not! I can't handle any more earthquakes! They rattle my brains after that 94 Northridge quake. It was awful. Hell, now I'm being selfish and thinking about myself when I should be watching the news to see if everything's okay there. Any info?

Lisa: I am like you. I am concerned about the earthquake and making sure the clinic is still standing. I want this port OUT. I can't stand it if I have to wait another day. I really hope that no one was hurt or any structures were destroyed or damaged. I guess I better watch the news and see what is happening.

So you were in The Valley in 94? You think it's a coincidence that we moved to Vegas a month after that quake? YIKES.

What you can't find the bra? I really wanted to borrow that. But maybe the glove will work.

No wonder your hubby is washing floors. I think my hubby would be washing windows if I had some goodies like that.

Valley girl? Me too born in beautiful downtown Burbank. And Earthquakes you can keep them there. I missed the one in 94 but was there for the one in 1971. I guess that makes me a Valley girl before there were Valley girls. LOL

Lisa all I can say is that I am so glad you are getting this taken care of. I had spoke to Dr. Kuri's assistant before my surgery and I knew it was either him or Lopez. I have seen lots of good things about Kuri, I am sure he will take very good care of you.

Oh Lisa, I don't think you even need a pole if you can find that bra, between that and the glove I think you will do just fine.

Take care girl, talk to you soon,

Kathy

Best wishes Delarla,

You know I love that Glove and what is with the purple Bra? I'm sure for those of us who do not know the story behind it would love to know.

I am glad that you are getting this resolved so fast and that Dr. Kuri is willing to get it done ASAP.

The story behind the bra is funny to me, because there really is NO story! I just wanted to post a picture of my wound. I didn't even think about what underwear I was wearing, but the bra ended up getting more attention than my wound! The red glove came later as a joke (after everything the purple bra went through.)

And I still have the bra and the gloves.

I was away from the board for a couple of days and seen this post first but did see the famous Purple Bra with my morning coffee (cheating). Yep sure is purple

I dare not wear one with color in my house my DH would get ideas.

And back to my wound... ouch, it hurts today. The silly thing is actually trying to close over. It's been closed for 3 days, but with the thinnest membrane of skin. It's just dying to pop back open again. One false move and KAPLOOEY. I'm keeping it covered with a thick bandage just to protect it from bumping things. Yesterday 9 things hit it (like nobody smacks your back till you're sunburned.) My cat jumped on me, a flying bag landed on it, a door smacked it, etc.

Delarla, all the best! You have been thru alot & now in 2005 it is your turn to have a great & easy year with NO problems. Im so glad you have a new surgeon helping you. Make sure you tell him that there are thousands of us here following your story & that it is great PR for him! I cant wait for you to be back in action with a band that works & stays where it should!

Penni, thanks for your port picture. Im sure many people down the track will refer to it if they have problems with their port. It looks very sore. Wishing you all the best too!

Hugs to you all, Sharon