Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many days did you stay in the hospital?

4 days

Did you have any complications?

Yes the first 48hrs were almost.constant dry heaving. It was horrible and even ice chips made me gag violently.

cantw812

hey newbie

hospital stay is different for all - i was in hospital for 2 days

good luck on pending surgery

kathy

I stayed 2 days. They said I could be released after the first night because I was doing well, but I was really dizzy and opted to stay an additional night. No complications here.

In hospital less than 24 hours. Could have gone home within 3 hours of surgery but it was late and my wife felt more comfortable with me staying overnite

I stayed 2 days. They said I could be released after the first night because I was doing well, but I was really dizzy and opted to stay an additional night. No complications here.

I stayed 2 nights, the 2nd night was my choice bc I was nauseous the first night and in a lot of pain. But thankfully no complications and I hope none in the future. I'm not really hungry at all now that I am home on my 3rd day post op. I have to schedule myself to eat. So far loving my sleeve.

I was in two nights. First night I was walking the hallways of beautiful 14N of NY Presbyterian. Next day I was a wreck!!! I think it was the gas they pumped into me. Btw down 90lbs since thanksgiving 2011, 70lbs since surgery :)

I was in just one night.

I only had to stay one night and was released the next day by noon. Walk as much as you can around the hospital. They had me up and walking around within an hour of surgery. I walked a loop around my floor every hour, even through the night. It helps absorb the surgical gasses and it honestly makes you feel better. You have to walk around with your ass hanging out of the surgical gown and your IV pole in tote, but who cares? You definitely won't care about appearances!! Good luck! :P

All patients of my doctor's office are in 3-4. I was in 5 days because of a complication during surgery. I also had hernia repair and adhesion removal.

I can't imagine going home after one or two days. I needed that time there.

I was there for 2 days. I had a hernia repair and had adhesions removed from a previous surgery. I was looking forward to going home to get some rest!

My surgery was on Tuesday afternoon, and I was in the hospital until the following Monday afternoon (6 days). I had some complications immediately following surgery, and had to have my NG tube in an extra 4 days. During those days I was NPO....didn't get to start sipping Water until Saturday night, when the NG tube was finally removed. I can't imagine being sent home the day or two after my surgery....I wasn't even coherent then, not to mention still having an NG tube in, and being unable to ingest anything (because of the inflammation!! I'm grateful my surgeon is as conservative as he is....I received fantastic care, while I was an inpatient, and definitely needed the time to get back on my feet!!

Can I ask why you had a NG tube?

Sounds like your doing good now, did the complications resolve?