Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Want My Stomach And My Money Back! (J/k)

My heart really goes out to the women on this forum' date=' it seams your bodies conspire

against you to hold on to the weight ( but you will win ). I have also had stalls (one also at 4 weeks) but when it breaks a loose weight in bunches. Don't let the scale's numbers justify you decision to have the sleeve done. I would look at it like this. You are taking a road trip to Disney Land and you hit a traffic jam on the way out of town. Don't sweat it you are going to get Disney land and have a great time just a little later than you first thought. Hang in there, and you don't have to be a Super Women just run a sensible program and buy yourself a pair of Mickey Mouse ears when you get to Disney Land to commemorate your journey.[/quote']

That is an awesome way of looking at it. Thank you for the inspirational thoughts. I'm going to remember that when I get down on myself.

I'm kidding of course.... Just frustrated. I shouldn't be, but I am.

I am 30 days out tomorrow from being sleeved. I've lost a total of 22 lbs post sleeve. My scale hasn't moved in almost 3 weeks though!!!

I have no right to be upset.... Just tired of getting on the scale in hopes of seeing it move in be right direction but it won't! :( I'm doing everything to the letter and I'm beginning to get discouraged. I've been tracking my calories every day... Staying right at or just below my calorie budget. I'm getting a decent amount of fluids in (not quite up to 64 oz yet), AND I've been taking the dogs on nice walks every evening!

I'm not looking for major poundage everyday either.... I would be happy if it was only ounces... As long as it was moving!

(sigh)

I've already had all the rational talks with myself about how I'm only 4 weeks out.... And I need to give my body a chance... Blah Blah Blah... I think its everyone at work who have been my cheerleaders thru all of this whenever they see me asking me how many pounds I've lost.... Its so hard to answer them with the same # as it was 2 weeks ago.

Anyway.... I just needed to get that off of my chest. I need to break this stall one way or another!!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using VST

First of all, good for you, you're logging your food!! At almost three years, I STILL keep track! I also still weigh and/or measure all my food when I'm at home. What is your caloric intake right now? Mine was real low, I couldn't get much in. At this point, you probably aren't even on regular food, are you? It seems like at six weeks is when I could introduce anything back into my diet. At four weeks I was getting about 350 calories a day, when I reached goal I was getting between 700 and 800 calories. It seemed so low, but I was getting all my Protein in, I felt good and my labs were great. Everyone is different, but anyone who says "up" your calories, I just do not buy it. That doesn't work prior to surgery and I know in maintenance, if I go over what I need to maintain, I gain. Common sense. Increase your protein if possible and your liquid intake. I say liquid because I could NEVER get in enough Water, so my nurse, worried that I'd dehydrate, said DRINK, water, tea, coffee....just drink liquids and make sure they are not sugared up or carbonated. That saved me!!!! :) You're going to be fine, approx. 85% of your tummy was removed, unless you are drinking your calories and eating sliders.....you cannot help but lose weight, I promise!!

Hunger is not an issue, I start to feel weak and take a few bites of Protein and I'm good to go until 4-5 hrs later. It's amazing how I'm not preoccupied with food 24/7!

I will be at three years post op on the 11th of June. The no hunger thing is individual. I am one of the lucky ones. For the first year, I had zero hunger, I'd forget to eat if I was busy. At about a year, maybe a little longer I started getting what I call my 'new hunger'. It really isn't hunger but more of an empty feeling. I hope and pray it stays this way forever. I'm never starving, it's something I can ignore if I need or want to.

I am so glad to hear that we are all going through the sale thing.. I was definitely beginning to get frustrated as I stopped at 37 lbs and I'm 4 weeks Tomm.. Sounds to be the same time for all of us- I am also beginning to thing my body is going into starvation mode however BcI just can't seem to eat- it does nothing for me and when I force myself it hurts..