Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Freinds...how Many Of Us Have Them?

As everyone else said, as much as it hurts (and I know it does), you may have to just move on from this friendship. You're the same girl on the inside, the packaging just changed!

This thread is so sad to me. My best friend is not as supportive as I would have thought. She was great and came to stay with me in the hospital. The problem is that every time I talk to her about my weight loss, she makes me feel like its happening just because of the surgery. Never mind the fact that I get up every morning in the dark to workout and make good decisions about the foods I eat. I don't think she understands how she makes me feel like a cheater for having this surgery.

I have a feeling I'm going to have this issue with a few friends based on some comments they've made while I was going through the pre-op process. I'm a smart ass, so I start rattling off all of the rules of the program I was in, the testing, the doctor visits, the recovery time, blah blah blah....and end with..."yep, SUPER easy!" That usually shuts them right up. I swear I'd love to bop anyone who says this is the "easy way out" upside the head. LOL

I got a new car this week and when I returned to work with it, a co-worker (male) said, "it's not as small as I thought it was gonna be.....I thought we would have to get some grease and a spoon and pry you out of it"!!! I was so shocked I couldn't respond.

Wow. WOW. How rude and just downright mean!

This situation had me so stressed out, that I was up posting at 330am! SMH...

Since all of you have replied with your own experiences and support, I feel comfortable with taking a few steps away from this situation and seeing if she comes around. Like I mentioned, the relationship wasn't all bad. I just kinda knew my role as a fat friend and that was fine at the time. Now that I am almost 70lbs lighter and 100% happier I feel like I am on the same level as my friends and some can handle it, some can't. I'm not going back, so if she can't handle it, she can get lost like the weight!

I have gotten closer with some of my other friends who have surprised me with their love & support. I thank God for them (and my family of course).

You all have helped me get to a better place with this. Thank you so, so much!