Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thinking Of Surgery

Message me- I told you to chat with me whenev :)

I do fear complications happening with the surgery and having to deal with those for the remainder of my life; however, every surgery and every medication someone can take comes with the chance of complications. It's a risk that I am taking to better myself. If I don't go forth with the surgery and don't lose weight, I'm only digging myself an early grave.

I have tried losing weight myself and have failed every attempt. Because of my weight, doctors have a hard time balancing my thyroid and I am embarrassed that I'm out of breath after walking up a set of stairs. That's right, A SET OF STAIRS... 12 STEPS! That is not healthy or right for someone my age. I shouldn't be living life like this. I am not worried about excess skin because I would rather have 20 pounds of excess skin than 100+ pounds of fat. I can wear spandex and easily hide excess skin under my clothes-- I can't do that with fat. My weight is holding me back from living life. A fourth of my time on earth is gone and I refuse to allow my weight to take away any more. I don't live life now- I hide inside because I fear people judging me-- when I catch someone looking my way, I can't help but shut down and wonder what they were looking at or thinking.

I want to be successful, healthy, get married, have a family and run around with my children in a park. Most importantly, my weight holds back my confidence. I don't believe in myself because I feel I'm inferior to those who are average... it's how I've always felt. After much research, I am getting the sleeve and will pamper the tool as it helps me become who I picture myself to be. When I look in the mirror or am out in public, I feel as though I'm 10 sizes smaller than I actually am. I feel I am trapped in this body that I put myself in... the problem is that I know I don't belong. I don't care if I never eat chinesse food again. Of course I'll miss it but I only get one life to live and I need to turn it around.

Cassy,

Bless your heart! You have so much going on at such a young age. This surgery could very well be life saving for you! Of course it's completely up to you but if you've tried dieting and you go up and down up and down, can never maintain then this may be the surgery for you.

I like you have been overweight almost my entire life! About 10 years old I went from normal kid to fatty mc fat fat (LOL) like overnight! It was horrible! I felt so bad so my mom took me to the Dr and I started counting calories at like 11 yo! Sad! Anywho it didn't last forever, nothing ever has.

I have steadily gained over the years, at 10 I think I was about 140? And am now at 275! Omg I'm almost 300lb! That scares the shiznitz out of me, SERIOUSLY!

The last couple years I cared for my disabled brother(and best friend) and that's when I went from 220 to 270(and while he was in the hospital for 35 days before he died march 14th, 2012). So my brother is the reason I am financially able to have this surgery now which will save my life because I already have high cholesterol and really high triglycerides!

I hope you make a decision to help you live longer no matter what that is.

Good Luck!

Johnathan

I do fear complications happening with the surgery and having to deal with those for the remainder of my life; however, every surgery and every medication someone can take comes with the chance of complications. It's a risk that I am taking to better myself. If I don't go forth with the surgery and don't lose weight, I'm only digging myself an early grave.

I have tried losing weight myself and have failed every attempt. Because of my weight, doctors have a hard time balancing my thyroid and I am embarrassed that I'm out of breath after walking up a set of stairs. That's right, A SET OF STAIRS... 12 STEPS! That is not healthy or right for someone my age. I shouldn't be living life like this. I am not worried about excess skin because I would rather have 20 pounds of excess skin than 100+ pounds of fat. I can wear spandex and easily hide excess skin under my clothes-- I can't do that with fat. My weight is holding me back from living life. A fourth of my time on earth is gone and I refuse to allow my weight to take away any more. I don't live life now- I hide inside because I fear people judging me-- when I catch someone looking my way, I can't help but shut down and wonder what they were looking at or thinking.

I want to be successful, healthy, get married, have a family and run around with my children in a park. Most importantly, my weight holds back my confidence. I don't believe in myself because I feel I'm inferior to those who are average... it's how I've always felt. After much research, I am getting the sleeve and will pamper the tool as it helps me become who I picture myself to be. When I look in the mirror or am out in public, I feel as though I'm 10 sizes smaller than I actually am. I feel I am trapped in this body that I put myself in... the problem is that I know I don't belong. I don't care if I never eat chinesse food again. Of course I'll miss it but I only get one life to live and I need to turn it around.

That is how I feel as well (first paragraph). I have like a 90% chance of developing heart disease and other complications from being obese, and this surgery will potentially save me from that. I am willing to take the "chance".