Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all. I am 6 weeks post op, and I am SO tired all the time. I want to start adding exercise, but I am exhausted. I have a feeling it has to do with the amount of food I eat. I can only tolerate an ounce of food at a time (2 ounces on a good day). I am taking my multi-vitamins and drinking lots of Water. What is going on? Any suggestions?

This is quite normal. your tummy is still swollen a bit. Are you able to get pureed foods in at all. Can you eat yogurt, sf puddings or Jello, cottage cheese? If you can get a little more Protein in, you will have a little more energy. If you are dehydrated, it does cause fatigue so please increase your Fluid intake to at least 64oz a day. This is a target for you. You are doing great so keep it up, it does get easier. :)

Are you taking protien supplements? I drink a smoothie in the morning w/ hemp protien or unjury protien. It goes down pretty easy. Your liquid restriction should be minimal, I drink most of my calories & I'm really close to the same schedule as you.

I'm taking gummi Vitamins & KyoGreen. KyoGreen taste awful but 4oz of Naked or Bolthouse mango masks the flavor really well.

I hope this helps.

This is quite normal. your tummy is still swollen a bit. Are you able to get pureed foods in at all. Can you eat yogurt' date=' sf puddings or Jello, cottage cheese? If you can get a little more Protein in, you will have a little more energy. If you are dehydrated, it does cause fatigue so please increase your Fluid intake to at least 64oz a day. This is a target for you. You are doing great so keep it up, it does get easier. :) [/quote']

I am getting very close to my 64 oz of Water, but it is hard to do seems all I can do is sip.

Are you taking protien supplements? I drink a smoothie in the morning w/ hemp protien or unjury protien. It goes down pretty easy. Your liquid restriction should be minimal I drink most of my calories & I'm really close to the same schedule as you.

I'm taking gummi Vitamins & KyoGreen. KyoGreen taste awful but 4oz of Naked or Bolthouse mango masks the flavor really well.

I hope this helps.

I am almost on a normal diet at this point. Quite frankly, I'm happy to be done "drinking" my calories. lol. They were not going down very well.

Quick math, 15hr day eating every 3hrs= 5meals X 1.5oz per meal= 7.5oz total consumed nourishment. Even if you ate every 2hrs you are only talkin about 10.75oz.

There is not a food out there(that I am aware of) that is going to supply just your protien requirements in under 11oz.

You are tired& fatigued because you are starving yourself. I know you don't like the idea, but I don't think you are ready to give up protien supplements yet.

Also hair loss is mostly a result of protien deficiency. That alone would be enough for me to add at least 1 protien drink a day to my diet.

I'm sorry to come across this rough. My real intent here is to help, & I couldn't think of a nicer way to say this and retain the impact I feel it needs.

Quick math' date=' 15hr day eating every 3hrs= 5meals X 1.5oz per meal= 7.5oz total consumed nourishment. Even if you ate every 2hrs you are only talkin about 10.75oz.

There is not a food out there(that I am aware of) that is going to supply just your protien requirements in under 11oz.

You are tired& fatigued because you are starving yourself. I know you don't like the idea, but I don't think you are ready to give up protien supplements yet.

Also hair loss is mostly a result of protien deficiency. That alone would be enough for me to add at least 1 protien drink a day to my diet.

I'm sorry to come across this rough. My real intent here is to help, & I couldn't think of a nicer way to say this and retain the impact I feel it needs.

[/quote']

Wow. When you put it like that, it makes a lot of sense. I'm not a fan of unjury powder. I can taste even the non-flavored kind. However, I have heard through this forum that Sam's Club sells a Protein shake that is very good and has 30 g of Protein in a single shake. Tomorrow I will get my tired butt to Sam's and see if going back to supplementing helps. Thank you for your honesty. :)

If Ur peeing normally or a lot then Try some potassium supplements. It can make a work of difference