Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, and I am new from Nevada

WOW was not aware of the fee for the fills. I do have my St. Mary's Insurance (they approved me in less than 48 hours) and my husband's an electrician in the union and they denied me but I am fighting them they will give in (at least that is what I hear) I think fills are covered by insurance for the first year but will have to ask about after that time is up. Did you get my email?

WOW was not aware of the fee for the fills. I do have my St. Mary's Insurance (they approved me in less than 48 hours) and my husband's an electrician in the union and they denied me but I am fighting them they will give in (at least that is what I hear) I think fills are covered by insurance for the first year but will have to ask about after that time is up. Did you get my email?

If your insurance is going to pay for your surgery then I'm sure they will pay most of your fill too. I haven't checked that email. that is my work email and I"m off today.

WOW Betty you have done great. When did you start? Can you tell me alittle bit on what you have been eating since surgery? I am going to call St. Mary's and check on paying for fills. I am now working part time so I can continue my horse/dog rescue but if I have to pay for fills down the road that will put a damper on things.

Hi Patty,

The best of luck to you. I'm having mine on September 5th and I'm nervous as well. Think about all the positives to come and concentrate on that. All the other stuff in negative energy. I have three days left, and I decided this morning to really concentrate on my healthy lifestyle and feeling better everyday. If I think of all the other stuff, it's only going to get me crazy. Keep yourself real busy until next Friday.

Good Luck and welcome. LBT is a wonderful sight with great ideas and a wealth of information. Not to mention the people here are very caring and truly inspirational.

Hey Patti,

remember its normal to be nervous!!

If you like me you waited a long time for this and its finally happing!! There are some complications, and I’ve had some good days and some bad days.. but I subscribe to the nothing worth having came easy . Just remember to listen to your body, take it easy and when you get flustered and frustrated.. know you can come here and get support. we are all on this road together some of us further along then others, that’s what makes it so great!

As for Protein, I used carb solutions, its inexpensive and tastes good, ( although not in Water ) Mix it with skim milk. or liquid yogurt.

After the surgery you will go through allot of changes in the first 4 weeks , these are the hardest!

The first week will be great and the second, you will get so sick of liquids, then by the 4th week you will be getting hungry again, but you wont have a fill, so hang in there!!

then get your fill, For me it only took 2 but every one is different..

right now my daily menu is

Morning

32 oz water with 6 oz of Isopure (15 gm protein)

4 oz of cottage cheese and fruit

between meals

32 oz water with 6 oz of isopure (15 gm protein)

Lunch

2 oz of lean meat tuna, chicken, turkey

1 oz of cheese

1 oz of fruit

1 oz of crackers

between meals

32 oz water with 6 oz of isopure (15 gm protein)

Snack

yogurt

Dinner

6 oz of what ever is on the menu!!

Its VERY important for your weight loss and for your over all success to weigh your food, get a good food scale. It has been my saving grace, and you don’t want to stretch out your pouch!!

If I eat right and drink my water , I am rarely hungry , even when it is time to eat.

good luck!

Paula

Hi Patty! I'm also in Reno, but I went to TJ for my surgery and do my follow up in Truckee with Dr. Billy. My husband is also in the IBEW but for Sierra Pacific. I go for my second fill on Sat. I currently have no restriction on amount, but a little on texture (meat and bread get caught if I'm not paying attention. I'm guessing I'll need a few fills to get it right because I started with a lower BMI.

You're going to do great!

Hi,

I have another question. (they just keep popping into my head). What did you all wear to the hospital. I am totally a jeans and tshirt person, dont even have other pants besides some sweats. I guess I can wear my jeans and then I have a silk pajama set top (buttons in front) and elastic pants not to tight, would that be good to go home in? I do not have a "real" robe only a little satin one way to small and I do have slippers. When you all got home what did you wear? I really am trying to be prepared for this. Stefunny why did you go to Mexico? I would not be that brave. Did IBEW deny you? they did me the first time and believe it or not I actually gained another 35 lbs to be approved, pretty sick I think that I did that but I am getting desperate to get this done. My husband's and my hobby is saving horses from slaughter and re-homing most of them and I am so fat and tire so easy I hardly even go outside anymore. I am 5'10 and weight about 284 and I can't even kneel down and get back up. I fell in the snow last year at work, no one saw me and it took me 20 minutes to get back up, it was awful. This is why I am doing this I have to be more mobile, I can't stand it anymore.

Patty

Had the lap band on sept 8th. Have been in alot of pain, could not get out of bed by myself for 4 days. Have taken 1 3/4 bottle of vicadin which does help.

Today is day 5 since surgery and I can honestly say if I had this to do over again would I do it? NO plain and simple. This pain is worse than child birth. I am very uncomfortable and hoping this pain ends soon.

I am doing lots of Water, Protein drinks, started popsicles and had one Jello and in the evening having a Soup broth, but last night my husband grinded a can of chicken vegetable in my Magic Bullet ( that was a good investment) and had about 6 ounces and it really tasted good. I am not sure what else I can eat but it does sure get boring what you can eat. I had no appetite at all for first 3 days. I have brusing around one cut. I have not taken off the bandages since I am still hurting so much. No clue if I have lost weight, too much pain to check right now.

Patty

newinohio,

am making an appointment with Dr. Ortiz on 0/26 or 10/04 not sure wheather to do it, just to feel better. Really worried about mexico and do I need to take someone with me and how sick are you after surgery?

:clap2:

Hello Patty,

You'll be just fine. I had my lapband surgery December 6, 2005 and it went very well and was fast - your in and out quickly. The only real issue I had was carrying my big belly around with both hands when I got up to go to the bathroom or walk anywhere for the first week or so.

You'll so happy once its all done and your begin your new life.

I am so tickled for you.

Enjoy the anticipation and keep your eyes on the prize!

Deb