Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

(Cross Posted) I Need Help, Please.

Hi, this is not easy for me, but i need help.

Wednesday was 6 weeks post-op.

Weight loss, so far:

294 day of surgery (5-2)

257 this morning. (6-16)

minus 37 pounds in 6 weeks....(I was minus 35 pounds at 3 weeks post-op)

I have to admit, at 4 weeks, when i was ok'd for "normal" diet, i am finding it difficult.

I need your help!

I am having trouble fixing meals and still staying between 600-800 calories with 60-80 (+) grams Protein...

Would you all please be willing to share with me a structured daily menu plan? Maybe a couple days worth....thank you so much...

Breakfast: what and how much

Lunch: what and how much

Dinner: what and how much

Snacks? yes or no? what and how much

I am hoping if enough of you respond i can set up a diet plan for a month or more....

Either, message me here or email me at: tjmom53@yahoo.com

Thank you all in advance for your help...

Sandy/tjmom

Are you having trouble staying under those calories or getting enough?

I don't know that I can be much help for specific meal plans, except to offer up since you are ok to be on regular food is to focus on the lean Proteins you like and your new tummy can handle. Like fish, hamburger, chicken, tuna, samon, etc...Integrate that with vegetables, but if you focus on your Protein first, then veggies, there won't be much room for anything else. Try to watch hidden carbs like adding sauces to your food. If you need more flavor, try things like broth, Mrs. Dash, salsa, etc...Salads are ok, if your tummy can handle it, but watch your salad dressing- several are high in carbs and/or calories. Not sure whether you are focusing on carbs or calories or both, but just something to watch.

Oh, and just one thing to keep in mind. There is nothing wrong with fruits, but keep in mind their natural sugar content. I noticed that it did cause me more stalls when I ate a fair amount of fruit, so you might just keep that in mind.

Personally, I have never counted calories this whole time- only carbs. I have tried to stay under 20 to 30 carbs the whole time and it has worked very well, but my body is VERY carb sensitive- so you have to do what works for you. You may have to experiment a bit to figure that out, it just takes a little time. What may feel good to your tummy may not feel good the next day. Since surgery I have become moderately lactose intolerant, so I have to watch milk based foods really close. For the most part it doesn't bother me because it means chocolate anything really gives me bad diarrhea and cramps. That includes ice cream too. Yeah, I miss it some I guess, but I love being thin more!!!

Good luck, I hope that was some help.

I'm not counting my calories, but they are easy to find out by going to FitnessPal.com. Other people who keep better track of their calories can probably be more helpful. Also, you may want to do a search on You Tube for "VSG" and "Sleeve" because there are a lot of video bloggers who have kept a video journal of their journey, and many of them include what they eat now on a daily basis. Their journeys can be very helpful.

Here are some examples of what I eat:

Breakfast:

one Premiere Protein shake or

one hard-boiled egg or

1/2 cup Greek Yogurt with Splenda and blueberries

espresso with Splenda and milk

Lunch:

Deli turkey meat slice or two with string cheese or

1/4 cup cottage cheese with smoked salmon and two garlic-stuffed green olives or

one hard-boiled egg or

five shrimp

Dinner:

Lean Cusine or

chicken or

turkey meatballs or

flounder or

shrimp or

hamburger meat or

filet minion or

halibut

some other Protein with sweet potato fries (2 or 3) or small salad

Snack:

Cliff Protein Energy bar or

1/2 banana or

some cashews or

some watermelon

Do you have a nutrionist at your doctor's office? What did your doctor tell you to eat?

Someone here on this forum attached a meal plan with some food choices and amounts. I've attached it for you. You can save it to your computer for future reference.

meal.plan.pdf

If anything sign up for myfitnesspal.com to actually see what your structure is now, and then I hope someone can help you out with ideas.

If u go back to your bad habits u will not lose. I know from experience. Once I committed to my Water and Protein the scale started moving again.

For me I have a Protein shake for Breakfast, lunch /dinner is tuna, chicken, or fish. Snacks I do lunch meat, cheese, pepperoni and again Water. If I don't feel like eating I have a boiled egg or a shake.

Good luck.

Thank you 3 for responding....i am able to stay under 800 calories and around 60 grams Protein....but i have slowed my losing down to just 2 lbs in the last 3 weeks....so i thought maybe i am making wrong choices on my food selections....

I do use My Fitness Pal religiously .... It helps tremendously but again, maybe i was/am making incorrect choices .... I did find a forum about sharing MFP, so i think i will add people so i may view theirs and they may view mine...

I know there are stalls, but did not think they lasted for weeks (especially in the beginning). i did measure, so remeasured at 4 weeks (going to measure on the 2nd of each month...sleeved on May 2) I have lost a total of 23.5 inches...so i am not disappointed with my progress, just want to make sure i am using my tool to its fullest extent...

Yes, my doctor has a nutritionist and my next appointment is on the 20th....i also will see the trainer again on that day too....

Due to medical issues, i have been confined to a wheel chair for the past 5 years or so...My PCP, husband and myself are hoping that by losing weight i might also get out of my chair....so, exercising is interesting to say the least... I am doing leg lifts while laying in bed and rubberband exercises for my arms while in my chair....

Just trying to get as much personal knowledge about "rocking" this sleeve...

My goal/reason for getting the sleeve?....to go for a walk with my husband!

thanks again for your responses and suggestions

Thank you bigkim....:)

Stalls CAN and DO last for weeks! I hit a. 3 week stalk after just thee weeks. I am 8 weeks out, ( sleeved April 22) and didn't lose anything from week 4 through week 6. Hang in there....your body is just trying to adjust to this radical change!! :)

Nurse: thank you....i tell myself i know these things from reading about them on here... But when the stall does happen, i forget everything i have read... Thanks again!

Just try to eat whatever lean Protein you can tolerate. For some reason I cannot tolerate chicken breasts if they are dry and do better with processed chicken and chicken salad. I have found a medium steak is easy as well as is fish(if not dry). I think everyone is different. Some people talk about Jerky as a snack but it is too dry for me.

I just looked through my phone/computer app: fatsecret.com on which I've recorded everything I've eaten since October 18, 2011. I find that I am not very adventurous, but stick with the Protein first rule at each meal.

Breakfast: I typically have a Pure Protein shake or Premier Protein shake during the week. On the weekend I have a scrambled egg and a piece of turkey sausage, or Special K Protein Plus Cereal with 2 oz of 1% or 2% milk.

Lunch: chicken or turkey meatballs (I like Aidells Teriyaki chicken and pineapple meatballs from Costco), deli turkey with hummus, a turkey patty and cottage cheese, Soup

Dinner: fresh Ahi tuna, Flamegrilled Chicken Breast from El Pollo Loco, Cilantro-Lime Shrimp (from Costo) or warm up some frozen shrimp, grilled halibut or talapia, Ricotta Bakes, Hungry Girl BBQ Chicken Dip (see recipe sites below)

The sides, if I have room include: broccoli, blueberries, mixed veggies, a small salad

Snacks: Mini Babybel Creamy Swiss cheese, low-fat latte, or Creamy Hot chocolate from BariatricChoice.com

recipes sites that are good:

World According to Eggface, Emily Bites and Hungry Girl

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

http://www.emilybites.com/

http://pinterest.com/hrs125/hungry-girl-recipes/

http://www.hungry-girl.com/chew

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/cookbooks.asp?cookbook=13807

I keep stocked up on high-protein Snacks from Bariatric Choice website

http://www.bariatricchoice.com/

I live near a Low Carb store and purchase low carb Bagels that I eat with low fat cream cheese, and

products from the vendor Eat-rite who makes amazing soy pizzas and wraps. They can be too expensive to order direct from the company: http://www.buyeatritenow.com/eatritepizza.html

but you can sometimes find them in other locations like Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Eat-Rite-Chicago-Pizza-Cinco/dp/B005176420

I like flavor so I use a dill-yogurt dip with fish and hummus is a go-to dip for me, I even use it as salad

dressing. I put herbs and spices on everything. When I need to crunch, I buy protein chips from bariatric

choice.com or I will have a few Popchips or Snapea Crisps. Just a few (not a whole serving) satisfies the craving.

Best of luck to you!

It is easier as time goes on.

I feel I can eat just about anything I want and I do go out quite often but just keep my goal in mind and lean protein first.

When I was in my losing phase, I only lost weight 1 weeks of the month. And I'd gain one week due to my period. I'd lose nothingthe week before my period, and the week after my period, I'd lose only what I gained the week before. It sucked, but it worked for me. Just keep doing what you know you should. Your body will release it eventually! I wish you all the success in taking that walk ( and many more) with your hubby!!!!!

Thank you all for your help...Encouraging words, websites to look over and meals.....love the tips and looking forward to reviewing the websites !

You all are awesome!!!