Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Days Out & Freaking Out! Cant Stop Crying!

What in heavens name is happening to me?!?! I am a basket case. I'm unable to make decisions, form complete sentences or find the right words. I'm a blubbering, snotty, emotional basket case. It feels like post partum depression - but I'm still PRE-op!!! I'm sitting in my car right now like a gigantic loser because I couldn't quit crying and snorting in church!!! What is going on with me? Please tell me some of you have gone coo-coo for cocoa puffs just before surgery .... I'm so scared that this is some sort of sign that I shouldn't go through with it - but I want it Soooo bad .... (deep breath). Help!!

I laid on the gurney waiting to go into surgery and started bawling my head off. My Dr came in and asked if I was excited... I said "NO" and he said that we should probably cancel surgery because if I didn't have the fight needed to win this battle or was the last bit unsure than it wasn't the right time to do the surgery. Of course I told him I really was ready and believed that I would have successful weight loss and it gave me back my confidence. But, I was a basket case leading up to the surgery. Actually asking for prayers helped to calm me down. Oh, it will be 1 week tomorrow.

I am June 14th too, I am not emitional, mostly excited!

I cried the whole entire day before my surgery. It is a huge change thats going to happen and I'm not sure if you have kids, but that really affected me. I was worried about them and my husband if something happened to me. I am sure it is part of the process and you will get through it!!

.... I'm so scared that this is some sort of sign that I shouldn't go through with it - but I want it Soooo bad ....

Estrovan

hi there, you are having alot of anxiiety, nerves, fear, all those good words too.

all those thoughts are totally acceptable, to different extents, but your own feelings prior to WLS, are just that, your feelings.

continue those deep breathes, i understand you want this surgery so bad. Take it slowly, slowly, you'll be fine

good luck

kathy

W

LS

Remember all of the reasons you need the surgery.

I have anxiety issues that are monitored by a doctor and i was fine on the day of surgery because they gave me tools to calm down and realize that you are changing your life for the better so buck up! lol it really does work to just say what is the worst that could happen? i loose a few pounds? thats the point! :)

All of you remember that you will be in such better health after you are sleeved. Please take some breaths and calm down. You will be fine and so much happier in a couple months! Try to think about the fun you will have shopping for new clothes. And try to think about how awesome your new lifestyle eating habits will be since you are finally making the right choices for the first time! we are all praying for you. But try to relax and get your stress level down. You will be post-op before you know it!

I felt much the same way leading up to my procedure. I believe it is natural. I'm a total control freak too which didn't help at all.

Now that it is done, 4 days post op today, I feel silly for feeling that way

Our surgeons and anesthesiologist know what they are doing and we have to trust them. They do have your best interest at heart

Hang In there

Yes I was emotional. I tried to act calm but inside I was so terrified. I did not sleep at all the night before surgery so my nerves were intensified the morning of. They gave me a Xanax, I relaxed some and by the time they rolled me in the operating room they had given me something else. I saw the dr. for just a sec then was out. I am 6 days post op today. It's normal to be fearful.

Hi when I get scared I look at others before and after photos and they calm me. I truly believe that all who are getting ready for this or have had this surgery are strong, brave and most of all Proactive. I cried happy tears when I was approved. Prior to that I cried happy tears that there was even surgery available for folks like me. My surgery dates 6/27. Kudos and hugs to you and all on here who shared.

I have panic attacks that are all the symptoms you described. You will be fine. You have a huge support group here. You may be mourning the fact that you are saying goodbye to all those unhealthy foods you love. This surgery is a process before and after. :rolleyes:

I think it is just the pre-jitters! You will be fine. My surgery is tomorrow at 12:40 p.m. I have to be at the hospital 2 hours prior. I have been a whole lot calmer, than I expected to be. But, it will probably hit me in the morning!! Keep us posted.

My surgery is next Monday, and everyday I am on the Internet looking and before and after pictures envisioning myself not being the biggest person in the room, not afraid to fly on airplanes, not needed my sleep pap machine. Being able to run, wearing cute outfits, being one of the skinny chicks in the gym we all hate. Than I know what I am doing is for the best. Even though I have fears, I am assured that my victory is on the other side all I have to do is keep moving toward it. Don't allow the unknown to stop you from reaching you full potential, be steadfast have faith and with one foot in front of the other keep walking until you reach the finish line.

Girl Go Get Your Blessing!!!!

I think it is the fear of the unknown that creeps into our minds. It's the fear of missing something you have grown comfortable with (food) and love to hate. You know in your mind that this is going to be fine. You will be fine. If you are a religious person....find a scripture to focus on. Ask for prayer and pray yourself. I tell myself "God's got this." I have to let Him have it because when I don't put it all in his hands I make a complete and total mess of everything.