Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can't Make Up My Mind.

Hello VS Fam, Im 5'2 my weight is 213 as of today and im in a size 18 clothes with a BMI of 40. I am so tired of being fat. I know surgery is up to me however, many people say I don't need it, they say im not that fat, if I do it I will get to skinny. Im Tired of being depressed and in size 16 -18 since 1990. Im 38 years old and I want to look, shop where I choose instead of at the big girl store. Also, I want to syop instead of buying things for the home when clothes don't fit. Currently enrooled in Options @ Kaiser and I will be done Aug 2nd. No, I dont want to be a stick, I do want to keep a few curves :)

Hi, my name is serene I am 5,6” and weigh 306 as of wednesday many people said the same thing to me. I carry my weight differently and don't look like I weigh that much and I kind of started to believe them but then I realized I wanted everything u said. I also want to have more kids (have one age 2) so I want to be healthy and full of energy I want to enjoy and live life!!! I don't want an extenderfor the seat belt on an airplane any more!!! I realized I am doing this for me!! so I did and was sleeved on may 30th and the energy I already have I just feel happy and not pretend happy real genuine happy woot thank u jesus!!! I how I could help do what u know feels good in your heart because in the end its u that lives with it not them :)

I understand not to be concerned of peoples thoughts. However is 213 to low of a weight to do surgery? My right is 5'2.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

Bill Cosby

Is 213 too low? Only you can answer this... The question is are you happy with where you are now? If not then are you ready to change.

If you are referring to insurance qualifications, ehe most common number I've seen is a BMI of at least 40, you, best I can tell are right at 39 so that's pretty borderline.

It's the BMI that matters. I am 5'6- and I weigh 255 ish. I do carry it well for that much weight. I also have a lot of muscle from my pre-fat days. I have kept up my activity, but at my weight I keep hurting my joints- sometimes to the point of needing surgery. I can loose for the most part, but can't maintain the loss or get to the point where I am low enough to enjoy my life again. You need to decide what it is that you want for yourself. Be thankful you have a shorter distance to reach your goal!