Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question For The Ones That Hit The Plateu Or Stall

Ok my question is, for how long did you stay in the plateu or stall? I'm 6 weeks out and haven't lost a pound in the last 4 weeks. I'm tracking all my calories, I was walking now I'm doing insanity just started 3 days ago, drinking Water and protein.... Just wondering if someone stay that long without lossing..

Thanks

I have! Not that early, but still, I have. It SUCKS! Big time! For me the main problem ended up being stress. I was in a high stress situation and as soon as I left said situation I started losing again. During the stalls you have to focus on Water, Protein and Vitamins. Get in some exercise. Move on. Pay attention to the way your clothes fit, I'm sure they will start to feel MUCH looser soon (if not already).

The biggest factor for me, outside of stress, was water. If I wasn't drinking, I wasn't losing. Your body NEEDS water in order to dissolve that fat! Also, at 6 weeks out you are either starting to phase in regular foods or already have. You're body could just be freaking out over the change.

Are your carbs high? If you are only drinking you could be drinking more than you think. You may be carb-sensitive. A lot of people can lose with a regular carb diet, but some people (like moi) are carb sensitive. Meaning, if I eat too many carbs I don't lose. Period. I'm planning on using this to my advantage when I hit maintenance.

You should also contact your surgeon or your nutritionist or your weight loss counselor and ask them. Make sure that there isn't anything wrong physically.

Good luck, chin up, you WILL LOSE!

Thank you!! Water is a biggie for me too constantly had to remember my self that o do have to drink drink drink.... I think I'm not overdoing carbs but maybe that could be a factor also... Hopefully i break this spell soon!! Lol

Yep. I was doing everything perfectly, and still stalled out for six weeks. I finally dropped my carbs lower and started doing cardio only and stopped the weights for now. That seemed to kick me back into motion.

A stall is not necessarily a bad thing. It happens for a reason. Your body is going through major changes, and sometimes it needs to stall in order to keep healthy. Just because the numbers on the scale aren't dropping doesn't mean that other positive things aren't happening inside your body.

Focus on keeping up your calories (don't try and starve your way out of a stall), eat plenty of Protein, and drink plenty of Water. Then, like emily said above, just move on. Let your body do what it needs to do. Be happy. Be peaceful. Be grateful.

:D

i think i stall more than i lose. i am still very happy with the results thus far.

I'm now about 10 wks out....but I stalled at about 4 wks out. Mine lasted about 3 wks then I lost only 2 lbs! Then stalled again for another 2 wks and finally lost 3 more lbs! It sux but seeing the inches fall off made the stalls feel not too bad.thus past wk I was on TOM and lost about 3 lbs so I'm not stalled...Yay!

keepin it real ;)

I'm now about 10 wks out....but I stalled at about 4 wks out. Mine lasted about 3 wks then I lost only 2 lbs! Then stalled again for another 2 wks and finally lost 3 more lbs! It sux but seeing the inches fall off made the stalls feel not too bad. This past wk I was on TOM and thought I was going to gain or stall but I lost about 3 lbs so currently not stalled...Yay!

keepin it real ;)

keepin it real ;)