Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If you don't want to be offended then DO NOT open this thread. You have been warned!

PS: I wanna be Felix the Cat.

Whenever he gets in a fix;

He reaches into his bag of trix.

I wish I was an Oscar Mayer weiner, because then everyone would be in love with me.

I want to be... happy with being me.

FAT chance.

FAT.

FATTY FATTY FAT FAT.

There, I feel all mature and crap.

Wheetsin, I am sorry if I have caused you any pain.

If my inclination is correct, you have probably gotten at least a few PM's about me. Yes, I do debate and yes, what I write can be more to the point than some would like, but I think I have stayed within the guide-lines. I have been called names, but have not called anyone a name.

I think that we must all realize that the internet is international and that rah-rah USA is not everybody's opinion. My thoughts are uniquely mine, but I will always be open to a PM if I step over the line in the opinion of any moderator, or if I encroach too closely to the line.

In the USA, certain things are taken for granted. I do not believe in nationalism, so just because 99% of the members are USA citizens and 98% think something is true, it doesn't make it true. All of us have a right to our opinions. What has made the USA different than all the countries of the world has been that (while the majority rules) the minority have the right to be heard.

Before I destroy this thread, I pledge never to insult or call anyone a name and to be civil at all times. I will however feel free to comment on any topic of interest to me whether my opinion is popular or not. If the moderators want me to go because they feel that I am causing them too much grief, then I will leave.

I hope my forthrightness does not cause an affront to anyone here, but that's how I see it.

You've never caused me any pain T.O.M. You'll probably see a lot of similarity in what we post, only yours lean towards the political whereas mine are toward the psychological. I'm sure we've both made & lost "friends" in our postings.

Nodding in agreement with you Penni - well said!

My granny used to say "if you haven't anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"

I try to live by this (except obviously when people wear vile clothes and I have to be Undercover Fashion Police and make an arrest...) and just ignore anyone obnoxious - like Alexandra pointed out, the poster of the offending comments is the one who looks bad - no point in stooping to their level.

by the way - what's this all about? What did I miss????!!!!!!!!

only kidding.

ish.

I've been reading some threads today where people are forgetting to "say something nice." Anybody else reading the same ones I am?!?!?!? I sure hope there isn't any new drama starting here at LBT!!! :tired

I couldn't agree more with what Alexandra said - "The poster of the offending comment is the one who looks bad." :scalesno:

Why can't everyone just be nice?!?!?!?!?! :)

Oh don't get me wrong I love a heated discussion as well. I love to argue my point but not at the detriment of the arguee.

At my house, you lose the right to argue your point if you attack the person instead of their opinion/perspective.

Because human beings don't get along.

And as for Tired Old Man - I've debated with you on at least one occasion and found the debate enjoyable. I've no problem with your approach or your stance even if it is contrary to mine :scalesno:

I agree Tired Old Man, I have read several of your posts. Even though I don't agree with everything you say, you have never come out & attacked anyone. You simply state your opinion. There's nothing wrong with having an opinion. :scalesno:

I have watched and read the "other" threads. I see some new threads today and fear that its starting all over again. I certainly hope not. I did enjoy the entertainment, but it does deter from the purpose of this forum. This is a great place to get support and discuss other issues that effect us. Its a fun place. I hope it remains that way. I think the moderators do a fine job, although hard, to keep control.

I fully hope that differences can be settled or ignored. Taking the relaxed approach and just blowing insults off is an easy thing to say, but it is trully more difficult to do.

We can hope though that things calm down, and remain calm - at least for a while. :scalesno:

Get a life! Stop posting on threads if the subject doesn't speak to you. And ignore the people tha slam you.

You took the words out of my mouth!! I am tired of it too. Especially since it always seems to be the same people. Do the mods have any discretion to take action? Take a look, you'll see the obvious common denominator with ALL the locked threads. Bottom line, don't go where your not wanted and then cry, "don't tell me what to do". They know they are only there to cause trouble and drudge up the past. If you do, take heed that every member has a right to take a firm stand on their beliefs. Stay away from threads if you are only there to start trouble. A good debate is awesome.....name calling and cussing is unacceptable and should be stopped permanently by the guilty parties.