Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys the surgery went great yesterday but i have had a lot of pain mainly on my right side incisions. I will be going for my swallow test and hopefully that goes well and i can start on liquids.

Sent from my DROIDX using VST

Milca -so happy to hear you are ok. My date it July 9th with Dr. Forrester!!!! Meeeting with him today, started preop diet last week. You are in Overlook, right?? I am soo nervous, thanks for posting so soon after surgery :)

Thank you ChristyLove' date=' I'm doing great! How are you?[/quote']

Glad you r doing well Faganberry. We r on the losers bench!

Hey guys the surgery went great yesterday but i have had a lot of pain mainly on my right side incisions. I will be going for my swallow test and hopefully that goes well and i can start on liquids.

Sent from my DROIDX using VST

Great you are recovering well Milca, after your test - sip sip walk walk! we made it!

Great you are recovering well Milca' date=' after your test - sip sip walk walk! we made it![/quote']

Congrats to you both!!

Today is my big day. Checkin time is 11:30 a.m. Surgery time about 1:30 p.m. I'm told it will take about 1.5 hours. I have butterflies, but I'm eager to begin this next phase.....It really is a phase. I was talking to my 15 year old a few nights ago about the procedure. He's trying to play it cool,but he's freaked out. I realized that he has NEVER seen me under 200 LBS in his life! What's funny is that I was steadfastly 145LBS for most of my teenage and early adult hood. Even funnier....when I was 91/2 months pregnant with him, I weighed a WHOPPING 198 LBS. I thought that there was NO WAY I'd ever be able to get that heavy without being preggers!

LOL.

At 326LBS as of today.....198LBS looks pretty darn good!

So it seems that the general concensus from those already on the liquid diet is that they are tired and weak..? Is this common and what's the best way to fight it? I start the liquid diet on 7/9 and I am freaking out. I can't imagine no food for two weeks!

The 14 day liquid diet is difficult, I'll be honest. But hardly impossible. Just take it one day at a time. Even one meal at a time if that works better for you. The key is to drink ALL the Protein shakes you're supposed to have, use the sf Jello, sf popsiscles, etc. and drink plently of water/Crystal Lite. I discovered the low fat, low sodium chicken broth in the evening is a real treat to look forward to. Most importantly it's only 14 days all aimed to ensure a safer surgery and easier recovery. You CAN do it!!

G.

I found that adding a spoonfull or two of Flax powder to the shakes helps a lot and provides you with Protein, Vitamins and Fiber at the same time. Flax powder bulks up in your stomach and provides a sense of fullness. It doesn't taste like cardboard either.

I used Celebrate Protein Powder and found vanilla Cake Batter to be surprisingly good. (I don't typically like vanilla flavored drinks, but I preferred it over the chocolate, which was good too).

If you want to go fully over the counter with the Protein Powder, I found Atkins Dark chocolate with a scoop of flax and mixed with Soy milk to be a great compromise.

So it seems that the general concensus from those already on the liquid diet is that they are tired and weak..? Is this common and what's the best way to fight it? I start the liquid diet on 7/9 and I am freaking out. I can't imagine no food for two weeks!

I was for the first few days but am fine now. In fact, I feel better at day 6 then I've felt since my teens!

I'm drinking diluted apple juice and chicken broth no problem. The major tip I have for everyone is that if your doc doesn't supply a tummy pillow (like mine didn't) find a firm rectangular pillow to take to the hospital, it has been a GODSEND to press against the tum while getting up and down and walking.

I'm drinking diluted apple juice and chicken broth no problem. The major tip I have for everyone is that if your doc doesn't supply a tummy pillow (like mine didn't) find a firm rectangular pillow to take to the hospital' date=' it has been a GODSEND to press against the tum while getting up and down and walking.[/quote']

Yeah also important to squeeze pillow and cough every once in while so you dont get pneumonia.,

I'm drinking diluted apple juice and chicken broth no problem. The major tip I have for everyone is that if your doc doesn't supply a tummy pillow (like mine didn't) find a firm rectangular pillow to take to the hospital' date=' it has been a GODSEND to press against the tum while getting up and down and walking.[/quote']

Yeah also important to squeeze pillow and cough every once in while so you dont get pneumonia., btw coughing is really not pleasant but you have to do it.

I am so happy for all of you who are now on the losing side!!!!! Keep the posts coming, I love hearing that you are doing GREAT, and you give us who are having surgery soon great advise :) I am nervous and it helps to read how well everyone has done!

Hey Patrick, I was wondering if you are having pain when you drink Water. Everytime I swallow it is very painful and was wodering if everyone else if feeling the samething.

Not really I have some left chest pressure and the gas hurts quote a bit and my incision sites are sore like doing 5000 ab crunches.

I've only tried really small sips though I'm so thirsty I could chug a gallon if I had the capacity.

How many laps do they have you walking? I did 2 last night, and 6 today. They want me at 10 though think I will be able yo do 10 tomorrow.