Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whats for Dinner?

I had a lemon/garlic chicken with roasted potatos and yams frozen. I asked DH to thaw them for dinner tonight. We're going to Red Robin:hungry:

Great, now I want some of Red Robin's chilli. Thanks. Thanks a frickin bunch.

:D

Lana Ruth - The Chinese chicken salad will stay good for 3 or 4 days in the fridge. The noodles soak up the dressing and get soft by the next day but I like it like that. I just keep some the ingredients around and some dressing (which will stay for at least a week in the fridge) and I make myself a single meal portion when I feel like it for lunch.

Tonight I didn't have enough sugar so I substituted Splenda for half the sugar and it was still delicious!

I wouldn't try to eat this one until you are on solids. Maybe try it first with canned chicken as it is usually pretty tender.

Elizabeth - I love tilapia. However the last time I tried to bake some it stuck to the foil and was so dry I could hardly choke it down. I am looking forward to trying your recipe.

Nana - I guess you can start trying some of these yummy suggestions tomorrow! Although M&C sounds pretty good to me right now! :biggrin1:

I just love torturing myself by reading these threads since I'm still on liquids. I'll go to bed thinking of that chinese chicken salad.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_biggrin.png" alt=":D" srcset="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/biggrin@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Nonfat refried bean tostadas. (toast corn tortilla in microwave for l l/2 minutes) Spread with refried Beans (with Southwest chipolte seasonings) and top with lettuce, onions, sour cream, shredded cheese

Frozen meatballs thawed, microwaved and drained of fat. Homestyle tomatoe sauce, packaged brown gravy, stroganoff sauce (I use non fat plain yogurt instead of sour cream) or sweet N sour sauce make a really quick meal--I serve with instant mashed potatoes--doc says no Pasta for his patients. Ready in minutes

Last night...

Tilapia fish fillets... Mixed a glaze of lowfat mayo, lowfat ceasar dressing and greek seasoning, and brushed it on both sides of the fish. Plced it in a caserole dish, and put slices of fresh Tomato on top. Baked at 375 for about 20 minutes.

Cheesy mashed Cauliflower... cauliflower steamed, mashed, and combined with skim milk, "I can't believe it's not butter" and lowfat cheddar cheese, and placed in a crock and baked for 1 hour.

Sauted Beans and peppers. Fresh Bush Beans, Sweet hungarian banana perrpes, and green peppers from my garden, sauteed in olive oil with salt, pepper, garlic powder and fresh basil.

For dessert (Wife and daughter had it, not me)... berry milk shakes.

Frozen mixed berries, lowfat ice cream, and skim milk milk mixed up in the magic bullet

Tonight...

Chilli! Ground turkey, Black soy beans (low carb and high fiber), fresh tomatoes and jalapeno peppers (both from my garden), chilli powder, onion and other seasonings. Served over Dreamfields elbow maccaroni with lowfat sour cream, lowfat cheddar cheese, and diced scallions on top.

For dessert, baked apples. apples, cored and covered in "I can't believe it's not butter", splenda and cinnamon... covered and baked until tender, and served with a scoop of lowfat vanilla ice cream (again, no dessert for me)

Tomorrow...

Haven't decided yet.

I made noodless lasagna and It was surprizingly delicious.

Bottom layer lowfat ground beef, onions, peppers, minced garlic-all sauteed with olive oil-add 1 tsp of italian seasoning mix with 1 15 oz can no sugar added Tomato sauce.

cheese layer-160z ricotta cheese,1/2 parmesean,1 egg, 8oz mozz.,salt,pepper,more italian seasoning-spread over meat layer top with 8oz more mozz. cheese and bake until golden(about 35 min) let stand for 10 min and it cuts just like the real stuff.

I served Pasta on the side for the little ones and some steamed veggies. yum.

The Other...other White meat

Last night was crab & lobster stuffed tilapia, baked, with a browned buttr asiago garlic sauce. Tonight will be lechon with pan friend plantain cakes and rice (for DH). I let the lechon cook for 24 hours so it falls apart and is completely "chew to goo"able! Tomorrow will be grilled chipotle lime chicken (I make the marinade from scratch with a vinegar base - YUM) with "gourmet" mashed potatoes for DH -- red skin baby potatoes, skin left on, whipped with butter & heavy whipping cream, stir in cheddar and bacon bits.

Wow, Wheetsin!

Are you a chef? And are you for hire :scalesno:

That sounds fab!

Nana~

Far from a chef but I *love* cooking. And DH *loves* eating, so there you go! Ironically pre-band we ate at home maybe, MAYBE one night a month. We went several nights without eating at home at all. So when I cooked, I REALLY cooked. Now that it's one meal at a time, it's much more manageable, but I find myself having to clean my kitchen & do dishes a lot more frequently. :scalesno: :)

I am not yet banded, hopefully in September. On the pre-op diet I am supposed to boost Protein, so we are having a cold shrimp dish tonight.

Here goes:

(Italians are not real big on recipes, but I will do my best)

uncooked shrinp w/tails on (cook them until they are pink)

fresh broccoli

2-3 lemons

about 1 cup thinly sliced celery

small can sliced black olives

olive oil

salt & pepper, garlic powder to taste (optional)

pretty much put all the ingredients in a bowl, dress with lemon, olive oil, & seasonings and chill.

Easy to go down, lots of Protein and Vitamins. Mmmmmmmmmm :hungry:

diane5467

I cooked a pound of lean ground beef; added shredded carrots, green peas, red and green bell peppers, and green onions. Then I made a sauce of soy sauce, Szechewan sauce, garlic, ginger, and Splenda. I poured the sauce over the meat/veggies which made a glaze. YUM! Anyone who wanted could add rice.

Didn't anyone like my fish!?!?!?

OK, here's a good weekend one.

Take some boneless, skinless Turkey breasts, and pound them until they are really flat.

Now, in a bowl, mix feta cheese, thawed, and strained frozen chopped spinach, chopped greek olives and some fresh crushed garlic.

Spread the cheese mix on the turkey, and then roll it up and tie with cooking string.

Lightly brown the turkey in olive oil, and then transfer to a roasting pan with white wine, rosemary, fresh chopped basil, and a little more olive oil, and bake at 375 until cooked through.

Slice the "rolls" and serve with a nice greek salad, or over rice pilaf.