Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Check In For August 2011 Sleevers

Well I'm always a little sad when I don't see a weekly check in thread for us and I hate to be the one that always starts it LOL SO maybe now that we are all hitting 9 months out it's time to move to a monthly check in?

I lost 6.2 in the last month. I am getting close to my initial goal of 130. I know I will want to continue to lose, just haven't been below 124 in my adult life so not sure where I can go. My loose skin is starting to bother me on my tummy, would love to look in to plastics but don't think I can until at least a year.

How is everyone else doing??

Libbe - Well done! I can totally relate to the loose skin issues. I have it hanging EVERYWHERE! Not a great look for bathing suit seasoh (or sleeveless dresses/tops for that matter) but oh well...it's better than the alternative - Been there, done that...

I'm comfortably under my goal weight of 140 and would like 136 to be the bottom of the range I've given myself. (with 139 being the top number)

The hardest part for me now is finding the optimum calories per day to maintain.

BTW - I think a monthly thread is a great idea.

Happy Mothers day to all :)

I like the idea of a monthly thread as well. My weight loss has slowed down tremendously, but I'm still dropping sizes in a hurry, so I'm not too worried about the scale. I've lost 94 pounds and nearly 10 sizes. I'm in between size 18 and 16, depending on the cut of the clothes. I started in a 24/26, so I'm thrilled.

I'm still trying to stay around 1,000 calories a day and I'm doing very well with my Protein and Water goals. I've also been ramping up my exercise as I go. I'm now doing 30 minutes of cardio every day. 3 days a week I add in a second 30 minute cardio session. 3 days a week I do weights for my full body. On Saturday I rest, but I am still doing either cardio or a lot of walking on Saturdays.

I had an EKG recently that shows how much good the cardio is doing me, along with chest x-rays where they could actually see my lungs without all that fat in the way!! :)

Althought I don't talk about it much now, my libido is still extremely high! It really sucks when you're single!! :)

I like the idea of a monthly check-in, great idea Libbe! My weight loss has slowed down as well, only 2 lbs in the past 3 weeks. I am down 82 lbs total; I have 18 lbs to go to hit my surgeons goal, and 34 lbs to go to hit my personal goal. The loose skin is a little bothersome, but I'm ok with it. I am in a size 14, from a tight size 24. This sleeve is such a wonderful tool!!!

I haven't posted in awhile because I haven't been losing. I know some of it is my eating and some is that I haven't been exercising as regularly but I do feel like my hunger is back with a vengeance, especially if I eat any carby stuff. I am still hovering around 60 lbs lost but haven't dropped much since January. I have at least 40 more to go until my personal goal - would love to lose more than that but want to at least hit that. I am trying to get back on track with my eating, not snacking and doing some sort of exercise. I have done well for the past few days and feel confident that I can get back in the game. I was so frustrated because I was following plan in Jan, Feb & March and seeing no results that I let things slip a little. I want to be a success and don't want to be a failed wls candidate! Sounds like everyone is doing very well - congrats! I hope to join you soon :)

I'm in the same boat as BroadwayBaby. Little-to-no weight loss, but little-to-no effort or discipline on my part. It will come back. Life has been throwing me some awesome NSV's. I decided I had some decent enough pictures of me at this lower weight that I was willing to put some on match.com. I met an awesome guy about a week into that, and here we are, blissfully happy 2 months later.

In the same time period, I managed to score an interview with an awesome company. Their interview process was long (five interviews!) but it all worked out in the end, and I start my new job on Monday!! I've been working a dead-end job for the last 4 years while I tried to figure out my next career path, so this is just a really awesome opportunity that I'm really excited about. Oh, and my pay will be doubling!

I know these aren't directly related to the number on the scale, but neither one would have been possible 9 months ago. I needed the self-confidence and increased energy that came along with losing 50 pounds. I still have another 50 to lose, and I need to refocus on that, but I'm just so happy to have my life looking totally awesome right now.

Congratulations on your new job and new beau as well!! It is amazing the confidence we get in ourselves!!

I'm in the same boat as BroadwayBaby. Little-to-no weight loss, but little-to-no effort or discipline on my part. It will come back. Life has been throwing me some awesome NSV's. I decided I had some decent enough pictures of me at this lower weight that I was willing to put some on match.com. I met an awesome guy about a week into that, and here we are, blissfully happy 2 months later.

In the same time period, I managed to score an interview with an awesome company. Their interview process was long (five interviews!) but it all worked out in the end, and I start my new job on Monday!! I've been working a dead-end job for the last 4 years while I tried to figure out my next career path, so this is just a really awesome opportunity that I'm really excited about. Oh, and my pay will be doubling!

I know these aren't directly related to the number on the scale, but neither one would have been possible 9 months ago. I needed the self-confidence and increased energy that came along with losing 50 pounds. I still have another 50 to lose, and I need to refocus on that, but I'm just so happy to have my life looking totally awesome right now.

Hi everyone. I think a monthly check in is great. I haven't been posting that much lately because I'd been off the program and doing kinda bad. So far I've lost 94 pounds, going from 272 to 178. I'd like to lose 10 more pounds and I think I'll be cool with that. My loose skin is only under my arms and it doesn't bother me much. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone else is doing too :)

Ladies, I had to check in again. I've ramped cardio up tremendously in the last couple of weeks and I'm officially in the Century Club!! I've lost 100 pounds and I'm 8.5 months out from my Aug 30 surgery! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Lissa! I am soooo close to 100 lbs! Ramped up my cardio and not losing LOL I guess it'll break loose soon!

Ladies, I had to check in again. I've ramped cardio up tremendously in the last couple of weeks and I'm officially in the Century Club!! I've lost 100 pounds and I'm 8.5 months out from my Aug 30 surgery! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the monthy check in as well. I am down 87 pounds now and its really slowing down for me too. I lost 4 pounds last month and 4 so far this month too. I will take it. I am 2 pounds from a normal weight and 14 pounds from my personal goal of 100 pounds lost. My goal is to be 135 by my surgiversary so I am hoping to achieve that. The carb monster is after me for sure. I had some rice today in a diet dinner and I was starving on my way home from work! WHAT? I never feel hunger. I heard that if you take your PPI for a few weeks the hunger subsides. just a thought.

i too have been struggling with my hunger returning and my love for chocolate back on deck. i'm in the exact same boat as kristina and broadway.

i'm trying my best to get back on track and i refuse to fail. i must say right now i kinda feel like that old jana struggling with my weight and trying to find the right diet plan.

i do however feel like i can eat alot more than in the earlier post op months, still much less than pre-op but enough now to actually call it a meal.

for example, i can eat all but maybe three bites of a frozen burrito but when it come to dense meat 3-5 bites and i am stuffed!

i don't eat bread bcuz i'm just not attracted to it anymore, it feels me up way to fast and hurts everytime i eat it no matter how much i eat!

i haven't been active on the boards much at all the last few months but it is very nice to know that i am not the only one struggling!

also i am one of those sleevers that never really got into excersizing the way i should have and reliead soley on my minimal eating to get the weight off, i kno this is bad and i know i need to get in the gym, no excuses. i feel like i've lost all the weight i'm gonna loss based on eating less and the only way to get to goal is to get moving.

with all that said, i've been stalled between 186-188 since feb and even thought i'd love to goal asap, if i never lose or gain another pound i am proud of what i've acheived and won't complain!