Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Hello everyone! My band date is Sept 24th and I am totally excited!! I go in for class Friday and pre-op test next week. Good luck to everyone and look forward to hearing about your progress.

I can't believe that my band anniversay has come and come. I am down 75 pounds and want to lose 25 pounds more. It is coming off very slowly, but I'm finding that I'm going down in sizes. I think it's the exercise. Maybe I am building muscle and losing fat, but the scale isn't reflecting the change. I hope that is it. I am working with a trainer and doing strength training and walking 3 miles everyday. I want to start pilates and think I will in about a month. My son and his wife are living with us for about a month. She is going to have a baby next week. It will be my first grandchild. All very exciting! I'm very happy about all that has happened this year and feel that I finally have control of my eating and it feels wonderful! I'm still surprised when I go clothes shopping and head for the plus sizes. I am not in size 12! When I reach my final goal I think I will be a 10, maybe an 8. I wish everyone the best and hope we can keep in touch. It's great to have had this forum, I have felt supported and understood. I love being in touch with others who really understand what this is all about. Please don't totally quit checking in. It's helpful to hear from others who started this journey at the same time! Congratulations to everyone, may we continue the fight!

had surgery @ 6:00am home by 11:30 everything went well except i have a headache and my face feels hot like a hotflash {no fever} has anyone had this happen to them ? head hurts worse than incisions

Tazz: Can't remember having a headache, but I'm sure that could be anesthesia. I would definetly call the doctor if it doesn't get better. Keep us posted!

Hello all!

I just wanted to pop in and say hello now that I have a small lull in the work day. I can hardly believe it has been a year! I am still a couple weeks away from my 1 year but when I look back I am in awe at how far we all have come!

I have made the plunge further into the cosmetic surgery hole and have booked a surgery day for a lower body lift. I am excited and a little nervous and I'm sure will grow more nervous as the time draws closer.

Congratulations to everyone on a year well done, you all rock!

Miri

:update:

I can't believe it because it's gone by so quickly but today is my 1 year bandiversary! I have lost 64 pounds so far!! :whoo:I have a long way to go still but every pound is a victory!!

Thanks to all of you for support and insights - but a very special thank you to my sister for all of her support and encouragement. :car:

Have a great day!

Susan

whoo.gifToday is my TWO year bandversary!! :car:

I know this is suppose to be the 2006 thread but the 2005 thread has disappeared. I thought it would be a good time to look back and reflect on my progress so far and it might be of interest to those of you starting on your second year.

START – 254 BMI 45.2

1ST YR – 183 BMI 32.4 (66% EWL since start)

2ND YR – 165 BMI 29.2 (*82 % EWL since start)

*OR 49% EWL of remaining excess weight during second year.

GOAL? – 146 BMI 25.9??

I am terrible about beating myself up over what I consider to be a big failure in weightloss this 2nd year but one thing we all keep forgetting is that the medical establishment considers anyone that loses over 50% of their excess body weight with this surgery to be a success, which I exceeded easily my first year. Even looking at the percentage of excess I've lost during this second year I was within 1% of reaching that 50% goal a second time, and yet self defeatists that most of us are, we don't seem to be happy unless we are able to beat even the odds for the band and lose ALL our excess weight. I worry that attitude actually contributes to some of us regaining weight when we finally realize we aren't going to lose it all and then start eating through the depression that ensues rather than being happy with our successes.

Link to my Plastic Surgery Thread (*Graphic*)

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f12/thegh0sts-extended-tummy-tuck-w-lipo-40316/

post-206805-13813135507829_thumb.jpg

post-206805-13813135507981_thumb.jpg

whoo.gifToday is my TWO year bandversary!! :car:

I know this is suppose to be the 2006 thread but the 2005 thread has disappeared. I thought it would be a good time to look back and reflect on my progress so far and it might be of interest to those of you starting on your second year.

START – 254 BMI 45.2

1ST YR – 183 BMI 32.4 (66% EWL since start)

2ND YR – 165 BMI 29.2 (*82 % EWL since start)

*OR 49% EWL of remaining excess weight during second year.

GOAL? – 146 BMI 25.9??

:whoo:Congratulations!!!!! You look absolutely wonderful! It has to be a proud moment to look at your before and after pictures and see all of your success.

I've been in Philly on a business trip. I've missed reading this thread and hearing from you all.

I've been banded a year and I just found out that I've been fighting my band instead of using it. I've been over-filled for months. I honestly thought that the tighter you could stand the band, the faster you'd lose weight. I was completely disappointed that I wasn't losing and was so danged hungry all the time. I couldn't eat real food hardly at all and I would get so hungry that I would allow myself some ice cream or chocolate. What a mistake that was!

I've only lose 40 lbs. over the entire year. I have lost and regained 5 lbs. off and on for months! I have a personal trainer and have been working much harder on both cardio as well as toning and muscle building. My arms are getting huge because I'm still so big. I weigh 179 today and I am proud to say that I ate 3 meals today. Skipping meals is not a good thing, no matter how cool it makes you feel.

Please keep your fingers crossed for me that I have finally figured out how to make my band work for me and use it to help me reach my goal. When MiNi (I think) said she gives her port an affectionate pat and that she's best friends with her band just made me sad some months back. I felt like I was at odds with my band.

MiNi, kareyquilts and all you others who have lost lots of weight and are feeling great - a big congratulations!! You continue to inspire me.

For all of you just jumping on the bandwagon, best wishes for a great outcome.

My one year was sept.6 I have lost 67 pounds i am a slow loser but i am still losing .The band is the best thing i have ever done for myself i would do it again in a minute. I have 47 more pounds to lose to get to my goal i hope by nest year i will be down to my goal weight .I wanted to check in with my progress it has been awhile sence i have been here .Keep up all the good work September 2006 bandsters.

Gjdf52 - Don't beat yourself up about 67 out of 114 pounds lost in one year. That is still nearly 60%. As the docs say anyone able to lose over 50% of their excess weight with the band is a success.

BE PROUD!!! You have already beat their odds and will continue to reach even higher goals!

I can't wait to see some before/afters.

hello all, sorry about my absence. I seem to have given up. the same old stuff after every other diet. I am down 60 pounds most of that in the first 3 months. I gained back 10 pounds since the first of July. It is true that we can eat alot at a meal but what happened to my will power all the rest of the day..... sorry this isn't more up beat. I really think that over eating is an addiction. and I am in the middle of an extreme case of it. I hope I will keep trying, I hope I will start again. I am so sad. I don't want to be addicted to food or anything else. sorry for the down.. sandy

Sandra, Gjdf52 - If it helps, try to think of the band as a tool to keep you from backsliding too far on the scale while you're taking a break from this whole thing. I know people try to say you need to start a whole new life with the band and not just treat it as a diet. But come off it, if it were that easy, we wouldn't have needed the band in the first place. Yes we do need to strive to make those permanent lifestyle changes, but we are still human and most of us will still get discouraged and fail from time to time. I know I went over 10 months gaining and losing the same 5-10 pounds. It was very disheartening. But still I remind myself I gained over 50 pounds in that same period running up to getting the band over 2 years ago, so it could have been worse, much worse.

I've been lucky enough to find a local support group that meets each month with several members who have been banded over 4 years who still come regularily. One has actually been banded 7 years! It has really helped me to know her, her triumphs and her struggles. She is so beatiful, the absolute picture of success. But when she talks you realize she is still struggling inside, still giving in to those feelings of failure, and still going through periods where she makes poor diet/exercise choices. I could be discouraged that after 7 years she still doesn't have it all together, but instead I feel encouraged that even with all her "flaws" she has made it so far. It has really helped me to know that I don't have to be perfect or fix every part of me all at once in order for this band to continue to help me in this struggle.