Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Bandsters

Okay guys I need some help... I was banded on Sept 4th...

Just went back to work last Friday back on my delivery route (I am a rural carrier for the USPS).. I was off of my route for almost 3 weeks due to the physical requirements of my job and I didnt want to mess anything up.. Here for the past 3-4 days I have had this really bad pain on my left side right by my rib cage.. not the port.. above the port to my left.. I'm thinking where the band is... Feels like a pulled muscle.. Have not had any problems eating or drinking no pb, burps, nothing but the pain.. I am SO FREAKED OUT!!!:wacko: When I push around nothing hurts to the touch!!! Yikes guys help.. I am a self pay and can not afford another if I slipped..

:wacko:

scared

I have had the same pain on my left side. It seems to get worse after I eat. But I have noticed the minute I move a lot the pain intensifies. If I'm at rest, I have no pain. It feels like a pulled a muscle or a very bad cramp. You know when you start running and you get a pain on your left side, that's what it feels like. I have no idea what it is, but I have had it since the day I began to eat (which was 2 days post op) Weird. I will talk to my surgeon when I see him on Oct. 12.

I really don't think you should be lifting any packages yet. You should absolutely wait 6 weeks to lift anything heavy. You may have pulled a muscle from lifting. Not a good idea. You should have some help with you until your feeling 100%. The first 6 weeks is about taking care of yourself. Absolutely, no lifting.

Call your doctor and just let him know that your back to work in that type of capacity. Take care of yourself.

I had surgery on September 20th. I was in the hospital for 2 nights because they wanted to monitor me and blood thinners that I am on, plus something happened during surgery, my liver was bleeding and they wanted to make sure everything was okay.

I have had pain since the surgery were the port is. I ended up with a skin infection, but the medicine doesn't seem to be clearing it up, so I am going to the doctors tomorrow for my checkup.

Its been hard with the liquids, but I am doing it. I don't want to screw up anything inside of me. My neighbor heard I had surgery (didn't know what kind of surgery) so she brought over homemade lasagna, Cookies and fresh bread! I didn't want to tell her about what type of surgery, I thanked her very very much! My husband and girls are enjoying it. I wanted a piece, but I didn't because I was too afraid.

Has anyone had a problem with not being able to tell if you need to go to the bathroom? I have had this problem since I came home friday night. I don't get the tingle to go. i have to actually go and sit on the toilet to make myself go???

I can't wait for some smushies...mashed potatoes

Hello All, Just wanted to wish those that have surgery Wednesday and Thursday my prayers and thoughts are with you. Also to Lapoli7

,ratgirl

and sweetsue My thoughts and prayers are with you since we are all having surgery the same day.

Thanks for your prayers, I will do the same for you. Me and Sweetsue will be having ours done in the same place. So we can support each other

before and after the procedure. Well wishes to you....and remember to keep us posted on your progress!

How are you doing one week post op? I think I remember reading that you were having issues with a lot of nausea and not really drinking much. I hope you have turned the corner.

Thanks for asking; I am much better now. The nausea and dry heaves lasted two days so I afraid something was seriously wrong. As of Sat, I was able to drink Water and clear Protein Drinks. As of Mon, I've been on full liquids. Can't wait to start the mushies so I can learn what restriction feels like. Right now, can have all the liquids and Soup I want.

:hungry:

Thanks for the welcome want2lose. I just don't see how anyone can get enough Protein from Slim Fast. I have Myoplex Protein Powder from EAS, but I am looking for something different and since the hospital recommended it and it appears to be a really good product, I thought I would try it. :clap2:

Hey everyone -- haven't caught up on all the posts, but I'm back and banded!

I think that the worst part for me was getting the IV, she had to dig around in both hands to find my vein.

I went in yesterday around 1 something, spent an hour in recovery, and have been chilling in my room, drinking Water, taking strolls, ever since.

I haven't had any gas pain, but I sure can taste it when I burp it up! I'm very tender around my middle, but it isn't awful, just a bit uncomfortable.

Going in for my barium in a bit, I can't wait to see my band!

I am now officially no longer a September bandster. In fact, I no longer have any date at all set.

I am apparently anemic enough that they want me to take about 3 weeks to try to build up my Iron levels.

Unfortunately, I also have developed something wrong with my throat (I'm coughin up quantities of blood), and need to go in for an upper scope on my esophagus tomorrow. They're afraid it might be Barrett's esophagus which would not be good news at all and may take me off the list for a lapband permanently.

In the meantime I'm trying to take things one day at a time.

KarenK

its gotta go you will do dont worry have faith

larry good luck with banding its great

chatt later fall cleaning UGH

Rita-Ann

what is going in for your barium? I didn't have that done after my band was put in??

My doctor checks the band under flouroscopy to see that liquid is moving through normally. You drink the barium so that you can see it moving through the pouch.

I feel SO much better now that my IV is gone -- it's like, "Oh, i'm not supposed to be sick anymore!"