Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So week 1 post-op, I lost 10 lbs. We are mid way through week 3 and I have only lost 2 lbs. I am doing what I am supposed to do so I am not sure what the problem is. I just know that while I have had zero complications, I am beginning to think maybe I should not have done this. I go see my Doc again on the 19th so hopefully by then I will see some more change but it just seems that only being down an additional 2 lbs. sucks. I have never been a slave to the scale and inshallah (God willing), I never will be but, 2 lbs. in middle of week 3 seems like an insignificant loss. Someone, please... give me some encouraging advice or words.

Weeks 2 and 3 are FAMOUS for stalls. Your body is in complete and utter shock. 12 pounds in 3 weeks is about 4 pounds per week. Your body is thinking - WHOA! What the heck is going on here???? I'm holding on to my storage just in case we don't eat again for a while!!!

Seriously. Give it some time. Make sure you are getting your Protein and Water in you, and you will lose weight. You've had 85% of your stomach cut out of your body. You WILL lose weight. P.S....food for thought....when was the last time you followed a diet that allowed you to lose either 10 pounds in 1 week or 4 pounds per week on average???

Don't worry. Almost everyone goes through this and you are not alone!

You have to give your body time to catch up with your mind. You're thinking the weight should be falling off and your body is in panic mode as NancyJerry said. You just had major surgery on top of a sudden drop in calories. Your body is built for survival and is now in survival mode. Just keep doing what your surgeon and team tell you, follow your diet, drink your Water, walk, and just live. I promise you will start to see results.

^_^

The majority of people on this board have the stall around 2/3/4 weeks. Everyone is different but that stall seems to happen to everyone.

Suggestion---> hide the scale. Weigh once a week, preferably in the morning right after you pee, then hide it again.

I have not gone through surgery yet, but I know all too well about stalls. I know it'll be hard for me to not weigh myself daily, let alone weekly....but my thought pattern is to hide the scale for the 1st few months and only weigh with my doctor check up's monthly. That should undoubtedly be a nicer number to see than a big number 1 week and nothing for the next two :) Hang in there...and CONGRATS on the 12lbs in 3 weeks!

I have not been sleeved yet either (June 14) but ive been a forum member for 5 months and if Ive read it once, I've read it 100 times about the 3 or 4 week stalls. The experts on here say that the body puts pn the brakes and adjusts to post surgery and quick weight loss. They also say to be patient and it will start falling off again. Just keep the faith!

All the posts above are correct. Stalls are very normal around 2-3 weeks, and they can last for about 2-3 weeks. I know its frustrating, but don't worry. The weight will come off as long as your doing what your supposed to do!!

A large percentage of the initial weightloss is just Fluid. After that initial loss, you just don't have the same excess fluids, so things slow down. Your body can't think, it's just on survival autopilot. To your body, you didn't have WLS, you're starving -- and bet you bum your body is going to pull out every trick it knows to try and not starve to death.

It can take a few weeks, but you will reach an equilibrium where things start moving again.

And don't just rely on the scale. Often during stalls people continue to lose inches.

The stalls suck. Hang in there and results will happen. Like Wheetsin said, measure instead of weigh yourself, you'll be pleasantly surprised. I wish I would have measured more often.

i lost 28lbs in the 1st 3 weeks then stopped for 3 weeks. i kept gaining and losing the same 1/2lb. But in that 3 weeks i dropped 2 clothes sizes. i got on the scale yesterday and am losing again. Even though i was ready for the stall is still sucks and makes you wander if you are doing something wrong.

OMG I have been doing the same thing, losing the same pound over and over again. I have been stalled for 3 weeks. It is driving me crazy. I have been drinking my Water and Protein as well as walking and Zumba.

Thank you everyone! The Logical Fluffy knows all this but the "wishful thinking" Fluffy is frustrated. I just needed some reminding. Thank you all sooooo much :)

Try not having lost a lb since surgery! I am 3 days out and NOT ONE POUND

I'm not even going to weigh myself until I go in for a check up--that's next week.

That's fairly common. I don't want to downplay your frustration, but 3 days is not a long time. There are a LOT of luids introduced into your body during surgery, a lot of swelling, etc. There are a lot of physiological reactions to bod trauma, and to organ trauma, and you've had quite a bit of both. Unfortunately most of our body reactions involve Fluid (actually I think it's safe to say that they ALL do) - and a lot of it. Bear with it, and keep in try to focus on "it has ONLY been 3 days" instead of "it's been 3 days already!" :)

A lot of people weigh more when they get home from surgery. A lot of people actually gain weight shortly after, as they're able to drink & their bodies begin to hoard fluids.

It's like your investment portfolio. You really can't look at it on a day-to-day basis and expect it to make any sense at all. You just have to trust that it's right, and see where you are after some time has elapsed.

Try not having lost a lb since surgery! I am 3 days out and NOT ONE POUND