Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ideas for passing the time????

Just thought I would start a thread for having a little fun! I know there are lot's of creative minds here... help me come up with ways to pass the time until my surgery! :cool:

#1. Frequent all of the "skinny butt" clothing stores... ask for things in size 5 and for a dressing room.:)

2. Reorganize your closet. Sort everything by size and put little dividers between the groups so once you move out of a size group you can grab the whole bunch at one time to donate.

3. Get out all your skinny clothes and review what's there. Get them grouped by size as well, and put them in your closet if they'll fit. Donate anything that you don't absolutely love once you can get back into them.

In Vegas we have Plus Size Resale. I take all my clothes there, then they send me checks once a month for the stuff that sells.

I suggest learning a musical instrument. I dusted off my old guitar. I also started going to the gym and visiting friends at night. Just show up on their doorstep and force yourself in! I've been spending more time with friends, just watching TV at their homes or laying around their back yards. It keeps my mind out of my kitchen. And they apparently don't mind cuz they keep calling me!

4. Go to a swimsuit store, ask to see their bikini selection, pick out the smallest, stringiest ones and ask "Where's the dressing room?" :cool:

Hehehehehehehe Donali! I can just see the store clerk's face... besides... it would give them something to talk about for HOURS! :)

I would like to start organizing my closet... guess I had better go buy some hangers... wait... first I have to fit into the ones that are already hanging in there! I am now reduced to two pairs of pants and two shirts that "fit" me... :think

A musical instrument... hmmmm... I do have my Dad's guitar in the basement... perhaps I could start workin on Stairway To Heaven! DeLarla... you can camp out on my doorstep anytime as long as you promise to keep my butt away from the fridge! I don't know what is wrong with me... have been eating everything in site since getting my surgery date! Somebody is going to have to lock me in my room for the next month!:cool:

Keep the ideas coming!!! I have to go out and shop for bikinis... but I'll be back! :D

Darcy

Right before my surgery I was in a panic to eat as much as possible. But I was making myself sick and couldn't eat everything I planned. I was worried that I had to eat it all before I got the band, but now I look back and realize I didn't need to do that because I can eat anything now.

This is much different than a diet because I can eat whatever I want. A lot of people have trouble with certain foods, but not me. Damn, I always knew I was a freak, but nothing bothers my band. But I eat much slower and chew my food till it's mushy (instead of my old chomp-chomp-swallow.) So I allow myself 20 minutes then I toss out the rest. I'm not sure what "full" feels like yet, so this is the safest way for me.

There's a sign in the music store here, right by the guitars that says, "DO NOT PLAY STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN." Funny stuff!

DeLarla -

Remember, your band is wide open! Once you start getting fills, some foods may start giving you problems. Just don't want you to be surprised if/when it happens! :cool:

When I was in Texas there was a sign on the juke box of the local Mexican restaurant "NO MORE PLAYING LA BAMBA" lol

Hey you!

Give me a call sometime! I look for a way to email you but it looks like you have made your email unavailable. Email me and I can reply... Glad to hear your doing pretty good:) Teresa

I am SOOOOOO freaked out at the thought of my picture being taken... I was literally sick to my stomach as my hubby took my before pics. I know I'll be glad later! I wish I had it in me to let him take a bare butt pic as that REALLY tells the whole story but that is NOT gonna happen...lol.

Hmmmm... after pics... what to wear... what to wear??? I can tell you it won't involve a big shirt OR stretch pants!

Next time passing idea: Map out all off the ways to get around town WITHOUT passing a Culvers with the flavor of the day posted on the sign! (o:

Get naked. Use an eyeliner pencil or something similar to outline on your body your goal shape. Then take your photo (use the self-timer if you don't want your husband to do it).

And use that self-timer for the naked behind pic, too - you're running out of time, and when you're a size 2 you'll wish you could do the compare... :cool:

Size 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I ever am that size, I'll run out and check the mail naked!!!!!!!!! :cool:

I'll take a look at the digital cam and see if it has a self-timer... I really would like to have a before "buff" pic. I KNOW that would keep me in line if I were to think of trying to work around the band!

Another way to pass the time:

Write notes (to be viewed by my eyes only) to all of the people that tortured me on a daily basis in school and hopefully let go of the anger and fear and self-loathing that resulted. They were children... let it go Darcy.

I really became aware of the baggage I am carrying yesterday... My daughter tried to join a group of girls playing in our neighborhood and they all just stared at her like she was an alien and rode away laughing on their bikes. My girl was very hurt and I could feel all of the hurt and anger that I still carry. Boy did I want to chase those little boogers down and haul their butts into their parents... why to children have to be so damned mean when they are in a group?

Little buttheads

Kids can be horrible. It probably wouldn't do any good to confront their parents about being rude to your daughter. It probably has nothing to do with her size, the color of her hair, or the clothes she was wearing at the time. There's usually a ringleader in the bunch, that keeps things stirred up. That kid probably has the worst inferiorities of anyone.

Good luck on your surgery. Everything is probably getting on your nerves more than usual. Try to take some time to relax.

One of my favorite "get back" fantasies is to reappear in a "fat" outfit so I look like my old self, then replay a rejection scene. Preferably with someone who paired with a "gorgeous" thin person, but is totally miserable because that person is a bitch, and high maintenance, and demanding, etc., etc. After listening to the sob story, and murmering words of condolences, etc., I'd finally zip off the suit, and tell them what a wonderful person I was, and how much value and worth I had, and how THEY could have been with ME all this time, and look what they'd have NOW if they hadn't been so wrapped up in "thin" back then. And then tell them many, many thanks, because they did me a huge favor by thinking I wasn't good enough for them, because I was with a real man who deserved me.

And then I'd like to travel across the country and do that to EVERY SINGLE MAN who looks down their nose at fat women, and maybe, just maybe get their "big" head working a little bit... :cool:

Wouldn't it be great if thousands of women ran around in fat suits so that guys never knew anymore who was really fat and who wasn't? And they had to start actually interacting with women for WHO they are on the inside? And by the time the unveiling came around, they realized they really didn't care if it turned out to be a fat suit, or real fat - they loved the woman anyway?

Thank God there are guys like that already. It would just be nice if they were all that way! :)

Thanks for the tip, Donali, but didn't I tell you I was a superior being that will never PB, will never need a fill, will never have any more problems with my band, and that after I use the bathroom it smells like roses? Thanks for keeping me in line because I keep forgetting that there are fills in my future.

I'm still tortured till this day with memories of my childhood. Here's an idea, let's all list the hos & bitches that made life miserable. We can decide what to do with the list later.

The people I'd really like to get even with one day are:

Leslie Jue

Kelly McBride

Dirk Dahl

Jane Shay

Chris Fall

Marie Galan

Cynthia & Celeste

Mrs. Cheetham, 7th grade math teacher most likely 6ft under now

Mr. Arrow, 6th grade teacher who teased me about being fat

Mommy Dearest

Dickhead Daddy