Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First message to this group

Hello all,

This is my first time to see this forum and I am really impressed. I have had the band for 1 year and 2 mos. I have lost around 90 lbs. I gain and lose..... I have never been happier. I do wish I could lose some more, and probably will , but I do look like a different person. I wish all of you the best of luck. It does work, you won't be the only person it doesn't work for. I thought all of this at first, but I was wrong. My journey has been slower than some, but it is still going.. It is just a problem knowing exactly what you need, (as in a fill or what) but I always seem to figure it out. I feel like this band saved my life and I will be forever grateful for it. I will be watching and posting ... Anyone can IM or email me....

post-204011-13813131241492_thumb.jpg

I wanted to say one more thing. I attached a picture, (didn't realize it was going to be so big) but I will turn 50 years old on

8-7-04. I don't know if I look like it or not, and honestly I don't really care, I am just so happy to finally be free of the weight. I truly hope each of you can be as happy as I am right now. I still have 60 plus lbs to lose, and I have my grumpy days just like everyone does. But this is the most awesome thing that has ever happened to me in a very long time. You should see the before pics of me... Yuck..... anyway, me an my grandson are smiling away, and we have a lot to smile about.

Welcome, Terry!

You look great, and much younger than 50!

I agree with everything you've said about the band and how it changes your life for the better - I've been banded just slightly longer than 16 months now, and am down 97.5 pounds. I, too, have a good 70 pounds to go, but even if I never lost another ounce it has all been totally worth it!

Thank you for your compliment, I truly appreciate it. I get pretty emotional still about this and I can't say enough about it. I try to tell people everywhere I go. I find more are interested than not. Congratulations to you on your weight loss. I know how happy you are. It really has made a big difference in me.

Hi Terry

Isn't the band wonderful! My band has changed my life and I feel happier each day.

You definitely don't look 50!!

Smiling right back at you. Your beautiful

Thank you a million times... Isn't the band wonderful !!! That should be a bumper sticker or something... Maybe I will print one.

I am a very happy lady, and I know you are too.... It is amazing what WEIGHT does to us.... Thanks again...

Terry,

Thanks for your post and pic. It helps us that are new on our banding journey to see and hear success stories. You look great and much younger than your "number". Thank you.

Carolyn

I was just banded 5/26/04. I still have a lot to learn. This forum has been so helpful and encouraging (before and after surgery). During the banding, the surgeon also found and removed a bad gallbladder, multiple adhesions (internal scar tissue), and a tumor on my esophagus. Without this surgery, the tumor wouldn't have been found until it was too late. I am very grateful for my band! Plus I get the bonus of losing weight, getting off so many RXS, and truly enjoying life. I'm very grateful for my band!

Hi Terry... Welcome!

I think you look wonderful and much younger than your years! THis is a wonderful place to find support... everyone is very friendly and helpful! I haven't been banded yet but feel very comfortable with the idea after spending time here. (o: Take care....

Darcy

I also love this website, it's the best. You look wonderful in your picture. I had my band done 5/05/04 and I'm still holding on to the 17lbs I lost the 1st 2weeks, and I go in for my 1st fill on the 18th. I can't wait since I haven't really lost anymore. This great site and reading from this, told me not to worry over these 1st 6 weeks of healing and hardly no restriction and now I feel great and not worried. Thank you fellow BAND SISTERS & BROTHERS!

I can't thank "each" of you enough for your welcome as well as the compliments.... It is bittersweet since I have an ex-husband that left me because as he put it, " If you looked like this in High School (he was my HS sweetheart) I would have never DATED you much less married you... " So now that I have reduced and I seem to look better, I can't help but feel joy ............ I by no means am an expert at any of this, but I find that as months go by, I probably know more about the "after effects" of the band than my surgeon does.... lol..... He was excellent at the surgery, but lets face it, I have had 14 months experience at living with it. I learn something new everyday, and as you all know, we are flesh and bones and sometimes we have to learn over and over again what to do and what "not" to do with this band..... If I could only tell you "one" thing I wanted you to really listen to, it would be not to get to frustrated over how long it takes or not losing this week or gaining a few lbs here or there. That is going to happen........period..... Watch it if you gain, but don't get wiped out... As time goes on, you will know what to do, what is real weight and what isn't. Overall, think of it like this.... where would you be if you are one week, one month or one year out... where would you be "without" the band.. I can't imagine how large I would be right now... so whatever the progess is, or however small the success, the key here is just that....success... and Rome wasn't built in a day... right... good luck

Terry -

That is a heartbreaking story. But you are strong, and have survived, and life is on its way back up for you.

The advice you give about patience is right on, in my opinion. 5 years from now it won't matter if we lost our weight in one year, two years, three years.... whatever. The important thing is that we are on the journey.

And life does not start AFTER the weight is lost!! LIFE is NOW!! :cool: