Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who is having success with their Band?

You guys are encouraging. I am a newly banded bandster and am not upset with my weight loss and not ecstatic with it either. I was more on the ecstatic side of the isle until I started eating cottage cheese and soft scrambled eggs. Up until I started on the soft food, I had lost 12 pounds in about 12-14 days. I was happy with those results. This morning I weighed and finally lost another pound after about 5 days of the soft foods. I need to lose fast and consistently. I was self pay and went to Mexico. It cost me with tickets and doctors a bit over $9K. It may not be much to some people, but that is a lot of money for us..........I figure I need to lose at least one pound for every $100 I spent. I started out at 232.5 and weighed 219 this morning. So, I need to lose another 78-80 pounds.Some of you guys have lost 40-50 pounds in just a few months.......how does that feel? Do you look good? When you look in the mirror do you see yourself as you always have been or do you see a thinner more confident person? Are you in much smaller clothes? Sorry if I am getting off the track, but I need to hear these things from someone that has been banded for a few months and can encourage me.

Thanks Wild

Wild, I understand that your frustrated but you need to understand that the first 6 weeks are for healing, not weightloss. If you lose any weight, it's considered a "bonus". I'm a around 3 weeks out from surgery and things have been slow for me, compared to others, but like you i'm on the lower side of the scale compared to some (I'm still fat). It seems to be that the more weight you have to lose, the quicker it comes off in the beginning. You know how the saying goes. The last 15 pounds are always the hardest, it sort of applies with the band, IMO. Once you get a fill things should start right up for you, that is my hope too. We just need to remember that with the band the average weightloss is 1-2 pounds per week. The band does have a slower weightloss. It's all worth it, not to mention that it's the healthy way to lose. Please don't take this as a neg. post, it's not meant to be. Best of luck to you! 12 pounds is a great start, better than mine. :) Keep your chin up, you can do this.

To answer the above question. I didn't have band related complications, more post surgery. but I did have pneumonia and a pulminary embolism (blood clot). That kept me in the hospital for 8 days out of the 3 weeks that i've been banded.

I have had success with my band. My surgery went very easy, I had to remind myself to take it easy. My stomach felt like I had done too many sit ups (lol) for only two days. I took it easy for 7 days then started walking 20 minutes. The next week 30 to 40 minutes. On my third week I started swiming again. It was pretty boring until I got to the mushie stage and now my food selections are wide open.

edie banded 7-19-06 247-242-238-234-230 17lbs off

I don't regret having my band placed at all. I've been banded for five months and have lost 42 pounds. I had a little problem with reflux which responded well and is completely gone after using Nexium.

I'm sure I would have lost more weight during this time but I've been waiting to have a second fill until after my reflux was completely healed and *grin* after my end of summer vacation - I wanted to be able to eat too much! LOL My vacation just ended and guess what? I DID eat everything I wanted (didn't actually overeat because I really didn't want to - a first for me) AND I didn't gain an ounce!!!!!!! That's amazing to me. I went on vacation and didn't gain any weight at all. When was the last time THAT happened? Try never for me. lol

Time to schedule my second fill and lose another 42 pounds!

thats cool. congrats. well i got trush from the heavy antibotics. and my left is numb. i lost 55lbs in 5mo. i got 2 fills so far. i may need another 1 by sept, but for i am doing surprisly well. i can go days without wanting to eat anything. well hope u had a great vacation:clap2: . i have 50 or so more lbs to lose. then i am done

I am only a few months out from having the band, but I can say that Im in love with it. Not only have I lost 35 pounds..I have a new life. I dont worry about my weight like I used to..I dont worry about living a life I love anymore. Everyday is a new day..I know it sounds dumb...but I really believe it. The hope and the realization of losing this weight makes me squeel like a shcool girl.

I was banded August 2 and was feeling fine after 4-5 days. I have lost lots of inches and 21 pounds total with the pre-op diet and band placement. I will have my first fill in another 3 weeks. I am thrilled to have had this done and finally feel I have some control in my life.

Surgery date: July 22, 2001

No complications

Got pregnant and had a healthy baby boy

Still losing four years later:dance:

EXTREMELY happy with my band!

i have had succes with my band. it was the best thing i could do 4 myself. i have lost 55lbs so far. other then minor set backs. i am lossing the weight at a normal pace. i am please with the band. i had the surgery march 1st of this year.

I have had my band since November 05 and haven't looked back. It is the best decision I have ever made. I have had very few, minor problems and solved those by changing the way I do things. You hang in there!

Nope, no problems here, either. Most people don't have problems and then those are usually minor. This is the SAFE surgery...

I had surgery 08/10/2005.. I have 4 fills totalling 1.75cc.. I am down 77.5 lbs..I had no complications WHATSOEVER..Except..the occasionaly PB..But i haven't had those in months.. I LOVE MY BAND :scalesno:

~Kristen