Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Am I Doing Wrong

ok..so i will be getting sleeved may 3rd and i am now on the two week diet..my doctor didnt put me on the liquid diet..i am on 60 or more grams of Protein a day also i can only have 40gs of carbs..i've been doing this for about a week now along with working out daily for the last pasted week and the scale isn't moving at all..what am i doing wrong..i get my Water intake daily, protein and eating every 2 to 3 hours..i'm stumped...don't know if i should try just a few days of the liquid diet..i know every doctor is different but i want to see some progress on my own before i get sleeved..HELP!!!

I am also have the sleeve done May 3rd. Having the same problem. I am doing the best I can. Nothing is happening. I have to drop 10-15lbs

If you're working out you could be gaining muscle mass, which is heavier, and retaining some Water. Are you losing inches at all? That might be a better indicator.

The scale can be so aggravating! Stalls happen, whether you've already had the sleeve surgery or not. I had a THREE WEEK stall just weeks after my sleeve surgery. It was so disheartening because I was eating 650 cals a day, following all the rules and the scale just wouldn't budge.

You can try changing things up a bit - changing your exercise routine, increasing Protein even more, increasing Water... even adding another 100 calories to your daily intake may shake things up. BUT, I think it is far better advice to just keep following your diet plan "rules" and trust that the scale will eventually start moving.

Anyone that thinks weight loss is as simple as a calories in/calories out formula has never been significantly overweight and dieted! There are SO many variables that can make an impact on the scale - Water weight, hormones, muscles, stress, etc. If you stick to your plan, at least you know you are doing everything you can.

It'll move. I promise! Hang in there. Your body might just be in a bit of a shock (or state of stress) due to the change to the liquid diet. As a result, you may have a lot of water weight. It'll pass... literally lol! You'll probably drop a couple of pounds overnight.

(((HUGS))) I seriously think the pre-op diet is the hardest part of the journey. You are doing great! Good luck!!

why do some have to do pre ip and others do not. i did not have to. just one day of liquids and laxative to clean me out

Sent from my SPH-D700 using VST