Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Connecticut Sleevers?

"CTDEE" Congrats!!!

Edited by just4myra

@ Just saying hi, as your surgery date is almost here! I'm glad this thread is getting some visits. Nice to see CT getting slimmer :D

I just went on a shopping spree, mostly at Old Navy. Prior to the sleeve, I hadn't worn a dress in about 20 years. Now, I can't stop wearing them. They are so inexpensive at Old Navy (and Kohls and Dress Barn too -- if on sale), that I don't mind only wearing them for a few months before shrinking out of them. My only problem is my incredibly horrible arm skin. There is no way I can go sleeveless, or even short sleeve -- 3/4 sleeves are my friends. So I bought a bunch of sleeveless dresses and then a few very lightweight cardigans to put over. Even bought a cute denim jacket in a size medium. You have no idea how happy that made me. I had to call my mom from the fitting room. We both had a quick, happy cry over that one.

I'm also buying shoes -- went from an 8.5 WW to an 8 W. Very hard to walk in the old shoes -- I have to put cotton balls in the toes so they don't fall off! I work in a big corporation so have to dress the part. I can't just live in sweats or scrubs until I reach my goal. But the good news is that I spend much less on food! I even had to get new glasses because my face changed drastically. At least once a week I have to tell someone who I am -- my friends just walk right by me if they haven't seen me lately. How about all of you on the loser's bench? How's it going?

Ellen

By the way - I just revised my goal from 115 to 132. I talked to my trainer and my primary care doctor and they said I would be too thin at 115, especially since I'm exercising like crazy and am gaining a lot of muscle. 132 would put me at the very edge of normal on the BMI table. But for plastic surgery, I'm told that you only need to be a 30 BMI.

Hi - I had my surgery in August at Yale by Dr. Roberts. The hospital experience was really good. They took very good care of me. Spent two nights. In on Wed, out by Friday afternoon. Back at work (but from home - no driving) on Monday. Of course I do most of my work on a computer or on conf. calls -- couldn't have done a physical job for a few weeks.

Good luck. You'll be fine. Your profile doesn't say - are you a man or a women? Care to share your age? I'll be 57 in a few weeks, and I am doing well.

Ellen

hello!! I too had my surgery with dr roberts the team.and him are grea! Hope ypu r doing great o was sleeved july 1st 2014 down 83 pounds

@@karlam29 Congrats on the 83 lbs. We've lost about the same # of pounds in the same time frame. I went to the monthly support group at Temple street last tuesday. Not sure I'll go back unless they have a guest speaker. I don't see too much value in going. A lot of the people are not interested in talking about nutrition or exercise, and that's the kind of info I'm looking for. I learn more reading on this website than going to those meetings. Have you ever been to the Yale support group?

Ellen

@@karlam29 Congrats on the 83 lbs. We've lost about the same # of pounds in the same time frame. I went to the monthly support group at Temple street last tuesday. Not sure I'll go back unless they have a guest speaker. I don't see too much value in going. A lot of the people are not interested in talking about nutrition or exercise, and that's the kind of info I'm looking for. I learn more reading on this website than going to those meetings. Have you ever been to the Yale support group?

Ellen

hi ellen! Congrats on your progress :) No i havent time just doesnt allow me to attend because of work yes i do want to discuss nutrition and excersice too!! I agree!! just support from this app and now i just joined club 24 in middletown to help shed my last 30 i want to loose now i feel im stuck in the same weight no gain though, but happy with my progress

post-151073-14289696852114_thumb.jpg

Hi CT! I'm in Milford. I'm hoping to have my surgery early next year, January if possible. Still trying to decide if I want to go with the sleeve or bypass. I think I should go with the sleeve to avoid medication absorption issues, but want bypass for more weight loss. My surgeon (Dr. Ehrlich) said I'm a good candidate for either, so it's entirely up to me. Any advice?

Hi -- How much do you have to loose and how old are you? I was sleeved at 56. For me, the surgery was a breeze. I have no issues with Vitamin levels, etc. Never once vomited or had any kind of dumping issue -- even if I had a bit of a sugary treat. Maybe that would be true if I had bypass, but from what I've heard, it's somewhat more intense - both the surgery and the lifestyle.

For either one, exercise is the "secret sauce". My original, self imposed goal was 112 lbs, based on insurance charts. Then I revised to 132. Now at about 140, I am wearing a 6 petite in most things. If I had the money to do a front lift and get rid of the excess skin, I would probably be a 4. I am more focused on percentage of body fat. When I started, I was at about 43% body fat -- now I am at 24%. So, my point is, it is possible to be very successful with the sleeve. I believe (but I am not a doctor) that there are other reasons to go with the bypass besides amount to loose. I have heard that it is a better (but not the only choice) for those with diabetes.

Ellen

I'm 51 and my goal is to lose about 90 lb. I'm currently 220, and I think I'd like to get to 130. Don't know for sure until I get there! Definitely planning on making exercise, especially weight training, a major part of my life. I'm hoping that helps with some of the skin issues.

Hi am from Woodstock ct had my sleeve done over 2 weeks ago and i love it lost over 30 lbs

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Nice!

Ellen

hi ellen! Congrats on your progress :) No i havent time just doesnt allow me to attend because of work yes i do want to discuss nutrition and excersice too!! I agree!! just support from this app and now i just joined club 24 in middletown to help shed my last 30 i want to loose now i feel im stuck in the same weight no gain though, but happy with my progress

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I h ad mine done at Saint Vincent hospital in Bridgeport live in Waterbury had it done on 12.17.15

@@jweinberg226 Hi -- How are you feeling?