Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

havent been on in awhile but been doing really well up to about a couple weeks ago. April is a very stressful time for me. My daughter died on April 2nd 2010 my son was born April 3rd 2011 and my oldest son is April 16th 1996. anyway idk if its stress or what but i am totally off track nibbling on everything in sight not drinking my Protein at all. just reliezed today havent been taking my Vitamins either. i cant seem to get back on track. it will be 3 months on the 24th of this month and ive lost around 45 so not to bad. and i havent gained but i dont want to fall into bad habits agian.

HELP :angry::( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im so sorry for your loss of your daughter coupled with congratulations on the birth of your son. You deserve much for credit for the stressors in your life. Given your circumstances it's natural that you're a little off course now. Just imagine words of comfort and praise you would say to your best friend - then say them to yourself Maybe make some small changes to get you back on track (vitamins, Water, etc..) the basics.

There are lots of folks out here to support you. Take gentle care of yourself and you will naturally ease back into healthy choices for your body and soul. Many blessings are coming your way.

Ok, so now that you know this is a bad time for you, you need to set out your Vitamins, and your protien shakes. Get some healthy things to munch on. I love those Special K chips, for munching. Get out of the house and walk. I had my surgery in 12/12/11 and I've lost 62 pounds, I finally got into the 100's lol at 198. I live in Michigan too, and this time of the year is stressful. Good luck to you. God Bless

You are doing great with your weight loss! I have lost 29 pounds so far and it has been 10 weeks. You had your surgery a week before me.

I'm sorry about your loss, but to have gone through the surgery and to have gotten this far you are a strong person! Take it one day at a time. Start taking your Vitamins, maybe with your Protein Drink. Are you exercising? That is my downfall. You can do this! I will pray for you!

So heartbroken for your loss, Kristine34. Surrounding you with love and light and knowing that all shall be WELL with you. Warrior offers great advice. Treat yourself with kindness and forgiveness. Your heart suffers, and you carry a difficult burden. But you are also a powerful survivor, and you will do what is best for you... so that you can be there for 'them'. Is there something with Protein that you can keep on hand that might be snack-like? Turkey Jerky, sliced grilled chicken, low-fat string cheese, almonds, etc. Can you take a drink of flavored water when you think of taking a bite of something that isn't the best choice? Can you set a timer on your cell phone that reminds you to take your Vitamins? Sometimes setting small, actionable steps helps us move forward, when 'doing-it-all' seems overwhelming. {{{YOU}}}

I will be praying for you.

I know you can get back on track. You are obviously a very strong individual to have lost a child and moved forward with your life. There is nothing worse in life than what you've already been through. Everything else is a piece of cake. You got this!!

It really does get easier with time. Anniversaries are the hardest time to cope, I know. My daughter died in December of 1999 and for many years I'd have a difficult time around her birth and death dates. I still do, but it used to be an entire month of moping and overeating before the actual date and now it's just...different. I can't explain it, but you'll get there, too, though knowing that doesn't help you now.

This is a hard time for you and you're coping the way you're used to coping: with food. That has to change if you want to not just lose the weight, but be successful keeping it off in the long term. The hardest part of maintenance is keeping it all in moderation.

Work on this. Do not allow yourself to dwell on the sadness in your life. Grieve, yes. You have to! Just don't do it with food. There are many other ways you can express how you're feeling without trying to numb that pain with junk food. Please PM me if you'd like to talk.

All of that aside, you have many things to be thankful for right now, too. You have two sons with birthdays this month. You've also done very well with your sleeve so far! You have every right to be proud of your accomplishments so far and I'm sure that once you get over this hump you'll get right back on track.

And please don't beat yourself up for falling off track. I did it a few times on my journey - a lot of us do it! It's part of the learning process and coming here to "confess" is one way of keeping yourself accountable. You see the problem, now fix it.

Best to you. Nobody really understands what it's like to bury their child unless they've been there. It's a sign of how you're healing that the worst thing you have going on is bad eating habits and forgetting to take your vitamins! I was a wreck the first two years, so you're doing alright!

~Cheri

This is an anniversary of the loss of a child which is the hardest time to endure. What you have been doing is emotional eating without being mindful. Now that you are aware of it, you can make the necessary corrections now. Like Kdippy stated, put your Vitamins out so you see them along with your Protein Shakes. Make sure you are more mindful of the present moment and what kinds of foods you are putting in your beautiful shrinking body. After all you need the highest quality of fuel to make it through the next week. Keep refocusing food intake to Protein first, veggies, and little starches. ;)

Although your revived grief at anniversaries will lessen with time, it will never go away completely. I lost one 42 years ago, and it still hurts, but not as much as it did early on.

Please, you've come so far, be mindful of what you must do for yourself, so you can do for your other two children.

We are with you.

Thank you all so much just getting it out that i wasnt doing so hot helped me make some corrections. Like going to confesson LOL.Started back at the gym Saturday working on 3 days strait now and getting all my Protein in and Vitamins. Can so tell the difference when i drink my shakes.

Thanks again to my sleeve family for all the kind words and encouragement!!!

New goal is 20lbs by my 35 bday on May 23rd hope i can do it

sometimes I think I am snacking a lot, but when I actually add it all up I am still losing weight and eating hardly anything. You really gotta see how much you are eating. Protein is important for muscles and keeping them. I forgot my Vitamins for awhile When I don't take my vitamins I can see the effects in my nails. The peel at the bottom of the cuticle. I like gummy vitamins. It is like a treat. Don't be too hard on yourself.