Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Admit It! Even If No One Else Will!

I'm 15 days post op. So yesterday I had a melt down. I didn't care and I would suffer the consequences. I've been a bit depressed, confused, and just not sure how to feel over the last 3 to 4 days. I feel like I'm depressed because I'm still in a bit of pain, I have constance headaches that my Migraine meds aren't even helping. I have a feeling of just fatigue and no energy. I feel like my body is in slow motion constantly. I'm always hungry, if not hungry then constant head hunger. I've called my surgeon today. I'm waiting on a call back from him so I can explain to him and maybe he can give me some info. I've got support group tonight and not sure whether to bring my feelings up there. No one in my support group has ever mentioned these feelings or feelings of just not knowing if this was the right choice. I've began walking for exercist and that doesn't do much for anything. I think I may be dehydrated and that may be the cause for feeling badly as well.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store. I needed a feeling of fullness and some food with substance. I felt like I would feel bettter mentally, emotionally, and physically if I had something real to eat. Even if it did hurt me. I wanted to go to Five Guys and have a full on cheeseburger and fries. Or go to the mexican restaurant and have nachos and soda. But instead I settled for a lean cuisine. I had a bbq chicken pizza and ate 1/4 of it. Which is a very small amount. Then a few hours later I went back and ate the remainder of it.

I felt fine physically. I felt a little better mentally and emotionally. I was then just worried if I damaged something internally. I hope I get my sh*t together soon.

I've got support group tonight and not sure whether to bring my feelings up there. No one in my support group has ever mentioned these feelings or feelings of just not knowing if this was the right choice.

I think you really should. That's what support groups are for. You'll get a lot more out of the support group if you're honest about where you are.

I went through several weeks where I was just hungry ALL the time! Not even head hunger...I mean stomach empty gnawing and growling hunger! I had to eat, it seemed, every hour! I couldn't figure out how I was going to get my liquids down if I kept eating! (no liquids for 1/2 hour....). THANK GOD it finally stopped! It's hard to choose to fill up on a quality Protein instead of something "dangerous." But try to make the right choice when you are that hungry, and you will be farther ahead. Try hard to get those liquids down. It will help your energy level as well. Try some G2. It tastes good and low cal. This is a tough road. Stay strong!

Hey there! Sending positive thoughts your way. Love the decision you made! I've had a ton of moments where I couldn't figure out what I had done, but I had to remind myself what brought me to this situation. Bad eating habits! It's the hardest thing you and I may ever go through, but without struggle there is no victory. Anything hard in life usually has an amazing result. Before we both know it we will be thin and food won't even be an object. We must learn to eat to live not live to eat... You will do amazing believe in yourself!!! :)

I had similar feelings shortly post op and recall letting a few cheezits melt in my mouth a few weeks post-op. Luckily this feeling goes away when you get to eat real food for all your meals. JUST BE CAREFUL-- I am not worried about you consuming extra calories. I am worried about you getting a leak.

When I had my Tummy Tuck done I was told over and over again that it is completely normal to go through a depressed stage afterwards. It's just a drop in adrenaline. You've been so excited and revved up and ready to go for this surgery and now it's.....over......now what? EVERYONE goes through it, some more than others. Just go to support groups and maybe bring it up - I'm willing to bet most new post-ops are feeling it and are just as scared as you to bring it up because they also think it's not normal. But it totally is...good luck to you!

yes, I am 7+ weeks out and I have yet to brave a cheeseburger....yikes I'm still very causious with the food that passes my lips and maybe I'm just a little over protective but I google every calorie and gram of Protein that passes through my trap. I keep a food diary and this seems to help my head figure out I truely am not hungry. I still struggle majorly with getting the fluids in throughout the day!

Aww :( I'm sorry that you're going through this. I really struggled on the 1st month, a lot of feeling like I'd made a mistake, hunger & I threw up daily which made me break down & cry on many.occasions. I felt like I'd.never feel good again.or he able to eat.anything again. The good news: it passed! I can eat now without getting sick & I'm thrilled w/ my decision to get sleeved. Hang in there! It gets so much better!!

Like the previous.posters I think you should openly share how you're feeling with your support group....that's what.its for! And also, please be careful what.you eat at.this stage! I don't want you to hurt yourself! Just.keep reminding yourself it will get better soon. ((Hugs))

Thank you for all your well wishes. I decided not to go to my support group due to me being a little too emotional right now and secondly just another Migraine that has taken over today. I will make it to my support group on next Monday night and I will also make an appt with my psychologist soon to get these feelings out. My husband and you all have given me a lot to think about and I do feel better and agree that things will be better with time.