Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded at last

I was banded yesterday about noon and I feel great. I am still a little hungry, but broth and Jello satisfy. My darlin' mom made me some eggdrop Soup (yum).

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Mert!

Welcome to the banded side of life. Keep walking and sipping Water. I'm a fairly new bandster myself - also in Texas. I think were fortunate to have several really great band docs in Texas! I wouldn't trade Dr. Smith for anything.

Terry :(

Congratulations Mert! I'm glad to hear you're feeling great. Owwww... that's so sweet of your Mom to make egg drop Soup for you! Make sure you take it easy and rest as much as possible.

Don't push yourself, give things a chance to heal.

All the best,

Karla

I was banded by Dr. Spivak on 08/07/06. I am now so glad I did this! I see so many positives in this now. My first few days were very hard on me but I on the positive side of life now! I wish I could have been there for that Soup (yum!).:clap2: Even went to my son's football scrimmage.

I haven't had any nausea. they put a tiny round patch (anti-nausea) behind my ear before I went into surgery. I have felt nothing but good and some soreness. I so happy to be on this side!!

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Thank you for your good wishes.

Congratulations! welcome to bandland! I hope you have a speedy recovery and that your journey here is happy and successfull

Best wishes!

Congratulations Mert. I am sooo happy for you. Take care of yourself and keep us informed on how you're doing.

Thank you for all your good wishes. I am taking hydrocodone liquid, but it still doesn't eliminate the pain at the port incision. I have an appt with Dr. Davis, my surgeon, on Thursday afternoon. I am feeling great, except for the incision pain and am very happy I did this. My little girl (8 years old) made me a card that said:

"Dear, Mom I love you so much. You didn't have to do the lap band surgury. I love you the way you are."

Oh my goodness! That is so so adorable! I felt like crying when i read what your little girly wrote!! I am so pleased you are doing well.. The incisions do hurt a bit i'm afraid.. Hope they stop hurting soon!

Best wishes

Congratulations and welcome to bandland Mert. I had the same little patch behind my ear for nausea too, plus they gave me a little extra something in my IV for it. That was the first time I didn't wake up from surgery with profuse vomiting. If it weren't for this board, I would have never known to let my doctor know about my problem with vomiting after surgery and gotten that patch, etc. This place is awesome, isn't it??!!!