Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie With Question

Hello, I was sleeved just over a week ago and I have a question I hope you all can help me with. I often heard and read of forums just like this one about people only being only able to eat 2 spoonfuls of yogurt or 1/2 cup of sugar free Jello then getting so full they cant take another bite. My question is this an exaggeration? I only ask because I was expecting this but I find myself being able to eat a whole cup of sugar free jello or pudding and feeling like I can eat more. Make me wonder if my surgeon left my stomach to big, i'm a bit concerned. please help thanks

I'm 2.5 weeks post-op. My first week out I could only eat maybe a half an ounce of anything at a time, Jello or otherwise. I could eat ice chips in a larger quantity, but could only swallow tiny sips of Water.

I can eat a bit more now, but still nowhere near a cup. Over about 45 minutes I ate 2.5 oz of Greek yogurt for Breakfast. lunch was a slice of reduced fat deli cheese with a little dab of light sour cream and about 2 oz of some black bean goop I make. I gave my dog about 1/4 of the cheese. I finished everything else and it took me about an hour.

For dinner I had a light babybel cheese, I'd been craving one, and at 6g Protein per cheese, it's good enough. I believe they're 3/4 oz. I'm completely full, but not hurting. In about an hour I'll have an 11 oz Protein Drink which will probably take me about an hour to finish.

Anything I make I portion into 4 oz plastic cups and fill them halfway, so I know for sure how much I'm eating (and how much Protein is in it). I have Jello divided the same way. I can eat 2 oz of jello in about 20 - 30 mins now.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches