Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

March Sleevers..are You Happy W/your Progress?

I was sleeved on 3/9. My weight before my 3 day pre-op diet was 226, day of surgery 220 and today 202.5. While I am not UNhappy with my loss so far, I'm not thrilled either. No one has noticed my weight loss, I can still wear the same clothes, more comfortably of course ...but still. I just thought I would do better to be honest. How about you?

I totally agree. I was sleeved 3/20 and lost 23 lbs the first week and nothing since then. Counting my 3 week pre-op diet I am down 47 lbs. While 47 is GREAT...my BMI was so high I totally expected for the weight to just fall right off in the early stages. I guess my body had other plans. I'm just trying to stay positive and stick to my plain and hopefully my body will get out of this still and start dropping some lbs. Hang in there!!!

I had my surgery on march 8, I am down 31 lb , today I fit into my size 14 capris, end of January I was size 20, so I am very happy, although I have not lost any weight in past week, I guess the stall has happened, but as long as inches keep coming off, I will be happy, as for people not noticing for you, have u told anyone? Maybe they just do not want to say anything right now.

This week I was with a friend that I have not seen since January, and she was what the H, have u been doing, she was amazed at the way I look, that brought me joy, so chin up, u r doing great, they will notice, if they have not already,

Great job we r only 1 day apart

I was sleeved on 3/19 and I too lost about 21pounds the first wk and I hit a stall for about a wk Iam so stressed out but I did hear that it's completely normal. I hope! Lol

I too was sleeved on march 19th and I'm down 18lbs and have been at a stall for 2 weeks! Ugh so frustrating!

You guys are doing great. I'm going to sit in the corner!lol I too seem to be in the dreaded stall! My weight has been the same or going down .2 at a time for over a week! I wish there was some proven method to break it! Nothing to do but continue plugging along I guess. I'm trying not to weigh too often. Instead I have a pair of size 14 shorts I try on every day or so. I can button them now but I have the terrible two.....wedgie AND camel toe,lol. Not the look I am going for this summer!

I was sleeved march 8th. Lost a pound a day for first 2 weeks, and nothing for the past 2 weeks:( i did go down 2 pants sizes though:) i just wish the scale would move even a tiny bit!!

I was sleeved March 12th. Before pre- diet I weighed 233. Day of surgery I was 222, and today I am 203. I feel like my loss has been pretty slow. I lost 6 pounds the first week, 6 the second, 3 the third and 4 the fourth. I was complaining about my slow loss to my bf and he said that even if I loose 3 pounds a week I will still get to goal in less than 6 more months.

I know how you feel about being n the same size clothes, I had really hoped to have dropped a size by now. I took pictures before surgery and I don't even really see a difference. I figure I will see it eventually.

I was sleeved on 3/27 and today at my 2 week post op visit I was down 23 pounds. I am super excited. 23 pounds that would have been nearly impossible before my sleeve. Most importantly those are pounds gone forever...couldn't be happier.

I too was sleeved on the 19th and have lost only 12 pounds and have been at the same weight for a week and a half. I'm very frustrated, I thought I would have lost alot more by now. I have 180+ pounds to lose so I thought it might come off more quickly in the beginning. I am super thankful that my surgery went flawlessly and I have had no problems, no pain, no vomitting.

Sleeved 3/21/2012 (3 weeks today) down 19 since surgery. Not happy and not sad, I thinks it's be used can't consume much, so my body has hit starvation mode

Yes I too am in the same boat. I was sleeved on March 14th and have only lost 15 lbs before the dreaded stall kicked it. The scale hasnt even budged. Realistically I know I dont have as much weight to loose as some. My BMI was 40 on the dot (and I got there on purpose trying to get insurance coverage) Im sure the weight will come off though! Have to stay positive

I've had my sleeve about 2.5 weeks now and other than my 1 week post-op visit, I have no idea what my progress is. I purposefully do not own a scale. scales are like an abusive stepmother for our brains and esteem, and most people maintain a bipolar relationship at best.

Unless I need to go to the Dr, I will see how I've done in another 6 weeks when I have my 2 month post-op visit for labs.

Hang in there guys, and just understand that our bodies don't have brains. Our bodies know how to survive. That's it. And right now, they're freaking out because they think they're starving, so they're trying to hold on to everything they can. Obviously this isn't something that actually works or no one would starve to death, so you really do just have to wait it out. Eventually things will reach an equilibrium.

I just about spewed my protien shake out of my nose when I read the last post by DDFinn... wedgie and a camel toe... OMG.. Hillarious!!

I too have come to a stall in my weight loss. I am glad to know I am not alone! I had surgery on 3/29/12 (two weeks ago today) I lost 15 the week before surgery and 15 over the past two weeks after surgery. I think most of my rapid weight loss was due to Fluid retention. I can see a pretty big difference with the small amount I have already lost but I did not pay $14,000 to lose only 30 lbs. I still have a very long road ahead of me but my surgeon did tell me this surgery allows you to lose weight slow... around 1 to 2 pounds per week. That is actually a good thing because slower weight loss allows you to work out and tone up as you lose. Today was my first day back at the gym. I am hoping that will help a little. Im keeping my head up and determined to stay positive. A year from now, I will be looking back at who I was and smiling at who I have become. :-)

I was sleeved on 3/05/2012 and I am feeling great. I was 310 at Christmas, 294 day of sleeve, and today I was 263.6. I have had two stalls which have been relatively short. I find that walking/jogging is what breaks the stalls the quickest. I was pretty stoked last night as I walk/jogged my 5k in 43 minutes (big hills). As far as clothes go...I have went from a tight 44 jeans to a 38 and from a 3-4x shirt to a 1-2x. All in all I am feeling good about my progress.