Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all,

Please tell me I am not the only one feeling like this. I am so miserable and cry a lot. Surgery was on March 20th in Mexico with an amazing doctor (Alberto Aceves) and his wonderful staff. My husband had it done the end of April 2011 and has lost 87lbs. He wants to lose about 20 more and be under 200.

I am having such a hard time mentally with this surgery. And somewhat physically. It was 100% needed (I need to lose about 90-95lbs) but only 80% wanted. The first week I was so hungry that I could kill for food. Now when I still eat mushy food, my stomach hurts because I am full but in my mind I am still hungry.

There are no local post surgery support groups that I could find in my area. I know a few other women that have had this done but they are over 9mos and really no support.

I called the doctor and he said the hunger feeling I have is just an empty stomach.

I wish I would go back to March 18th and wake up from this nightmare. I've lost 16lbs. When I get on the scale some days I only lose 6oz. My mind says this just isnt worth it all.

Hoping someone will answer me and let me know I am not the only one feeling this way. The people I have told keep saying it will get better. But when?

Thanks.

Alot of people have regret the first few months. I am 8 months out tomorrow and had a leak at 2 1/2 months out and I did regert it for a while, but now that I am all healed, I don't. I pretty much eat when and what I want, in much smaller amounts. Everyone told me it would get better at 3 months - of course for me it didn't but it was a different situation. Hang in there. This forum is a great place for support!

I had my surgery on 3/26/12 and I feel the same way you do. I have been very sad because I feel like I'm never going to be "normal" again. My parents are here for easter, and I am married with 2 children. I keep cooking for them because the smell of food makes me feel a little bit better. But, I am so hungry! I am still on liquids for the most part, although I have been eating some greek yogurt, applesauce, and small pieces of cheese. I cannot wait to feel normal! I feel like this is a nightmare that will never end!

I never feel hungry I am on my 4th week and still can barely eat. Will this get better? I never feel full I just all of a sudden feel sick.... Hmmmm

This post scares me since i am pre-op. I have been doing a ton of research and it appears common to regret the procedure. The posts are all over youtube. The feeling will pass and you will only regret not doing it sooner. I hope you feel better. Sending positive energy your way.

Thank you. I am trying to stay positive. Would live to lose weight been stuck for two weeks. Started low BMi but still. Hope adding more calories helps