Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ok, i need some help.

Hi mini me I too noticed your absence. How are things going?

I know you will get things figured out and get back into action. I can relate on the stalling. I bought a new scale and it weighs TEN pounds more than my old one. :huggie: So I feel like I haven't accomplished anything. :think

Chin up. You can do this.

Myra

Hi. I just want to say i know how you feel im at a plateau and im going for my second fill this friday. What helped me in the past was me eating five times a day very small meals. it takes some getting used to but i would make sure i drink something a half hour before my meal and half hour after my meals i noticed that the Constipation and gas stops too. i donmt know if your having those problems but i was big time.. I excercise 3 or 4 days a week cardio for 30 mins and i saw a big difference in my clothes and everything not much on the scale but that was when my body really made noticable changes no one at my job knows i did the surgery but everyone tells me how nice and shapely im getting. and they think i lost a lot of weight but its the inches. and they keep asking me what im doing.

:think hey all. i have been around, just quiet. tricia k missed me, but noone else i guess. ((poor poor me))

i have not seen any change in inches or pounds since june 5. i am really ready to see some change. my calories are in the 800-1200 range daily. i am not exercising the way i should, and i don't want to get beat up for that. i know that i have to exercise. as long as i am losing weight, i am always able to find the motivation to exercise, but when i am seeing no difference, it makes me stop exercising.

i am tracking the calories on fitday. i have tried to allow all foods (within reason) in strict moderation. i guess that works for a little while, and maybe now i need to be stricter. i have had a REALLY hard time not drinking with meals. i feel choked if i dont drink. i don't feel restriction, but i do feel a little 'stuck' from time to time. i want to go for a fill, but if i go in and they tell me my restriction is where it should be, then it will just be another negative blow. my last fill was june 19, i am at 2.3/4cc.

ok, i could go on forever. i just need a little support.

any kind words? ((or tough love from vines?))

Hey sweetie!! I have missed you. I'm so glad to see that you're back but sorry that you've stalled.

Wheetsin has given you some very good advice. I was at a stand-still for quite some time and didn't see any results until I went in for a small fill and changed some things.

Upping my Water did wonders.

Doing a liquid diet for a few days did wonders.

Focusing on solid Proteins for a few days did wonders.

Mixing up my exercise routine did wonders.

The scale is definitely moving slower now but it's still moving. I hope you are on the losing side again VERY soon.

Please stay around, ok?

:love:

Aw, MaryB:

:cat:
"In Loving Memory of Mouse"

Oh:think This made me think of my late, great, and dearly missed Cocoa Puff. She was a great cat - and a wonderful companion.

Everyone here has given you great advice.

I also have had major time periods where I stalled. For me, those are weights that I weighed for a long time in the past.

190 - I was stalled around 6 weeks. I weighed that multiple times over the years.

179 - stalled for 4 months. Weighed that in 1975, 1982, 1988, 1994, etc

152 - stalled for 2 months. My low phen-fen weight and my normal weight in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

I have just thought these are weights my body has been comfortable with and needs incentive to leave. (lol)

I was 132 for many years so I'm hoping that's where the body decides to go!!!

I don't know if this applies to your current plateau but it gets me through the plateaus mentally. Good luck.

Hey, mini me, I'm where you are at 180. I finally got to 179 point whatever, but nothing more, and have been impatient and frustrated. I'm eating about 1200 calories a day, spot on with the percentages of fat, carbs, and protien (according to sparkpeople). I am in an exercise slump. It's been almost 2 weeks since I have been to Curves, and NO, I haven't been walking...but my sister gave me her MP3 thingy and when I get it loaded I'll be jammin'...anyhow, I'm with you!!

Dianne (sunsett) is having some success eating 6 small bites of SOMEthing every hour. She eats within 15 min of waking, and every hour all day long. 1/2 protien bar, chicken, turkey breast, whatever. And 6 bites.

Wanna try it with me? Tell me if and when and I'll get the details. I could use some movement on the scale, too!

Mini,

Have you called for a fill appt? I rescheduled mine for next Wed 8/16, maybe I'll see you there!

Lots of good advice in these posts, just goes to show we can all gain a bit of knowledge. I also need to increase my Water and Protein intake, so I'm ready to start this change TODAY! How about you?

Let's bust this plateau, and prove to ourselves we can do this!

All the best,

Karla

Vary the types of foods I eat. This means if I'm predominantly high Protein, low carb, I'll switch to higher carb & fat for a day, to "change it up" a little.

Up my protein. It's not doing anything this time, but during my other "pauses" if I upped my protein by about 30 - 40 gm weightloss would kick back in again.

Hey, Wheetsin...or anyone else? What percentage of protien is in your dialy diet when you are doing a high protien day?

Sparkpeople says I need 15% of my calories from protien, 30% from fat, and 45% from carbs. It's easy for me to do that now, but if I were to "up" the protien, what percentage should I be shooting for, IYO?

I know that 70-80gm of protien is good...but what percentage of my daily calories should that be? Just running numbers....thanks :huggie:

MAN, am i overwhelmed with support your responses!! thank you all soooo much!!

i am going to the general practitioner on friday, i am going to get him to check my thyroid levels. i am also going to talk to him about some other issues that maybe getting me 'down' emotionally. maybe some girly issues? Mom had to have a hysterectomy at 35. i am 32. maybe things are changing hormonally.

i am interested in teaming up for some diet/exercise changes. i am going to keep looking at this thread for the plan. ((since i obviously do not know what i am doing, i must take the advice of others))

after the doctor visit on friday, i am going to call and schedule an appointment for a fill. i am going to make sure the fill is after my blood test results are back--in case there are thyroid issues.

THANK YOU ALL SOOO MUCH FOR THINKING ENOUGH OF MY SITUATION TO TAKE THE TIME TO RESPOND. YOU ALL ARE GREAT!

i am interested in teaming up for some diet/exercise changes. i am going to keep looking at this thread for the plan. ((since i obviously do not know what i am doing, i must take the advice of others))

I'll find out the details about what sunsett is doing and post it here. let's get you through your bloodwork, etc before we start hopping on to something. Let me know when you are ready. I have been playing around with mock menus on sparkpeople, and I'm increasing my protien. If that helps on the scale, I'll let you know. Hang in there and keep us posted! ;)

thanks kathy!! i go to the doc on friday, it will probably be late next week before any results come back, but i will be in touch.

thanks friend!

Minime, I missed you. I wish you would have emailed me. I am stuck again as well and have been trying to get a fill for weeks. I guess with the band being new to my office it takes a while to be well organized. I am going in the am for a fill tomorrow. I should have had it monday but I forgot and woke up and ate a little before I remembered, LOL. Email me if you want to chat.

(((((Hugs))))