Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unfill - sorry I got this band

Hope's Place,

My doc has me eat Clear liquids for 2 days then full liquids for 2 days then on to mushies....it's so individual and your doc will tell you I'm sure!!!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOd Bless,

Melody

Banded 3/20/06 -74lbs :)

I'm am NO fill so far. Went in for a fill at 11 weeks but they couldn't find the port (no flouro) so I figured I go without for a while longer.

WHAT I eat definetly determines how "tight" I am. If I being careless, eating the wrong things and too much it seems I can eat anything. Then I get back on the program, do mostly liquids for day or two then start eating right and surprise, I feel full on less and the weight starts coming off again. If I leave out refined sugar completly the cravings stop. That's a really hard one for me.

Of course, my band being somewhat fickle, sometimes it doesn't matter what I do, but in general, when I follow the food guidelines like Photonut said, it works and I feel better. It is also such a easy way to eat I don't have to think about it too much except not to overeat.

Heya Sho :( Your siggy looks great, grasshopper :scared:

About that complete unfill. I never said it wouldnt take some self control. When I got home, my mind was going crazy with thoughts like, "Holy cow, I'm wide open.. I could eat a cheeseburger if I wanted to!" I even started a thread about my unfill and asked everyone if I should just go ahead and eat what I haven't been allowed to eat, realizing I'd be giving it up again when I got refilled. DonnaB said she wouldnt know what to do if I did that, as I've been her inspiration to make good choices. *laughs* A "what would PNut do?" kind of thing. Well, I suddenly felt responsible for others and just couldnt do it. I am still unfilled, and I'm still eating the right measures of food and only eating good Proteins and carbs (fruits and veggies). Its paying off too.

My advice to Hope, and encouragement about being unfilled, was regarding a short period of time which would allow her body to recoupe after being too tight for so long. To allow her time to eat good hard Proteins and then re-examine her need for a fill. Its too hard to judge how much you can eat, when you are eating pudding. :cool:

Anyway, Sho, I admire you and your success as well. You and I can just keep on rockin' on together babe! *big smiles*

Oh, and Hope.. my Dr says two days on liquids after any kind of adjustment to the fill. Adding or reducing, I'm on liquids. I typically have slim fast shakes, bean with bacon Soup blended till smooth, yogurts, etc. And actually, I find that those two days of liquids are often refreshing.

I'm glad you found encouragement in my post. Now let's just get ya back on track. The sooner you get that unnecessary restriction (overfill) out, the sooner you'll be feeling better, eating better, and losing weight again.

Ok guys........

Explain pleeeeeeeeeaaaaase......

You know that I have had to wait until Monday to get to the surgicenter to get some fill out of my band because I have been so tight.

This morning I woke up starving and I have eaten chili for lunch, mussells, cantaloupe, and sausage during the rest of the day and I could still eat more. Why did my band loosen up?

I still believe I need to go on Monday to have an unfill.

What do you expierenced bandster think is happening?

Thanks,

I don't remember if you followed the fill restrictions affter you got this fill - 2 days liquids, 2 days mushies - but if you didn't, that may have caused your initial swell.

If swelled from the fill, going on the post-fill diet of liquids relieved the swelling and allowed you to proceed. You could have been swelled for many reasons. I swell from heat, TOM, stress, etc. From what I understand, the US is pretty hot these days and I would have alot of restriction there now.

But this journey is teaching me about my body. Start listening to your body, eat healthy, make good choices, determine what is right for you. Sorry you had such a bad experience with your fill. I have found that I cannot rely totally on my dr - he doesn't have a band and only knows what patients tell him. I find reading posts here (especially old ones) to be much more beneficial.

Good luck.

Update on my success.....

I went to Dr Speigels PA today and explained my problem. The floro showed I was not to tight but she decided that I had severe sinus drainage and that was plugging me up but just to be sure I got an unfil from 2.2 to 1.9 I FEEL GREAT I was able to eat fish and this day has been wonderful with no pain. I learned something new again that colds, or sinus drainage can plug you up.........Thanks everyone for your help.

Great (and interesting) news Hope! So glad to hear that you are feeling better and eating well again. Sinuses.. Who'da thunk it. hehe

Hope - thanks for posting that. I have had major sinus the last couple of days and am really tight. I will wait for the sinus to diminish. I wouldnt have linked the two on my own. Celeste

Glad to hear you are doing better. Even with an unfill the PA recommended 3 days on mushies. I asked them if I could forego the 3 days of liquids and she said yes. :)

I'm going next Wednesday for a slight fill. I'm taking it easy this time around.

Good luck to you and take care.