Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Meal Out-Happy And Just Had To Share!

Decided on a Friday night dinner out with the hubby. First time I've been out and I was a little curious as to how it would go. We went to our favorite local diner. First GREAT thing...I fit in the booth!!!!!!! There were about 3 inches of space between me and the table!!!!! I had about 4 clams from his clam chowder and ordered an appetizer of crab stuffed mushroom. It came with three pretty big mushrooms with about 1/2 cup of crab meat heaped on top. I could only eat one!!!!! Everything tasted so yummy. I ate slowly and enjoyed just enough but not too much. Now I have the other two mushrooms in the fridge for tomorrow. LOVE this new way of eating!!!!!

Yayyy congrats!

When did you get sleeved? Wow! I loved the 1st dinner date I had with my hubby! it even felt romantic, I felt classy like the restaurant! lol. I was happy to fit in a booth comfortably. It was a seafood restaurant. I ordered a baked fish thing with rice and salad. I figured I will order a full dinner plate but save the left overs for the next day to come. I only had like 3 bites lol... but it was the best meal ever!!!!!

Jaspersgirl - I was sleeved Jan. 30 (I'm almost 7 weeks out). What I find pretty shocking is seeing a "regular" sized meal that I used to eat with no trouble at all. It makes me sooooo happy that I have this wonderful tool and feel so mentally and physically good putting these positive new habits into action.

Fantastic! It is a kick, isn't it! At 11 months out, I still sort of pause before sliding into a booth--and then I remember I can fit!

I totally get you!!! I look at what i call "my previous life" type of servings and think.. wow! how was I able to eat all that!!! Kind of how I use to hate when the skinny girls would look at me like "how can you eat all that!"....

CONGRATS! I love sharing meals with my hubby. It helps him eat less too since his blood sugar is way out of control. ;)

I ate out for the first time since surgery today, also. My sister and I went to a Japanese restaurant (which I've never done before) Before that I waited 2 1/2 hours in the mall while she got her hair done.

In the past, after waiting that long and smelling and seeing mall food, I would've probably eaten something, anything while waiting, then been starving at the restaurant and wanted everything, then felt guilty afterward.

Today, I drank a Protein shake, bought some jewelry, drank my Water and people watched. At the restaurant, I ordered crab salad and told them to bring it when my sister's dinner was ready. Totally enjoyed watching the chef cook and do all that amazing showy stuff. Took a bite of my sister's appetizer, salad and one shrimp. My crab salad was delicious!! REAL crab, not too much mayo and caviar on top. I was able to eat half.

I left feeling satisfied, happy, relaxed and thankful for my sleeve. It is so liberating to have my sleeve to help me stay in control.

101driver you are right. Went through the same thing & it IS great! Congrates!