Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nsv - Getting Loads At The Moment! ;)

Well I finally plucked up the courage to join a face to face bariatric support group yesterday, and it was great!!

Most people were pre-op, so I got a few slightly puzzled looks when I walked in, but when I explained who I was and why I was there someone said to me "Thank you so much for joining us, you are what we all want to become".

In my logical mind I know I am at goal, but I was so shocked to hear it.

I'll definitely stick with the group, I'm hoping it will start to help me cut through some of the psychological issues!

Thanks for listening x

Good for you!! Thats great :) NSV's are such a motivational force for both Pre-ops and Post-ops ... Thanks for sharing!

Cludgie - I too have recently started attending a face to face support group. I have recommended this site to everyone I have met face to face. It is amazing how much knowledge about WLS I have gotten from my year plus on this forum. As much as I love this forum, it is nice to visit face to face with people at different points in the process.

Cludgie - I too have recently started attending a face to face support group. I have recommended this site to everyone I have met face to face. It is amazing how much knowledge about WLS I have gotten from my year plus on this forum. As much as I love this forum, it is nice to visit face to face with people at different points in the process.

HI all, like many, i had to go to 3 support meetings before my WLS which was 12/15/11 Most everyone though at the meeting were pre-op, I know, I know, so whats wrong with that!! Nothing of course!!!! Oh well - i should have stuck it out and gone to other meetinings to meet others.

i'm gonna try again, maybe i will find some others who have already had the surgery. It is true meeting other people that already have had the WLS so you could talk face to face would be nice, sharing your experiences.I would love to pick up pointers.

BTW SKCUNNINGHAM - great new picture - you are basically at goal now - you look mar......rvalous :tongue2:

Best

Kathy

Congrats! I attended 1 support group and there were 4 other people besides myself. There was only 1 other person with a sleeve and the others were RnY. I didn't get much out of the meeting, the other person that was sleeved was very quiet and came in late. I will have to try another group. ;)

That is great! In person support groups can be so helpful :)

I love my VST SO CAL support group!!!! Couldn't of done it without them!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches