Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Think My Band Is Causing Me Pain.

I was diagnosed w/ a band slip in October of 2011, and I'm scheduled for a revision on March 27th.

Anyway, I'm all nervous about my band killing me in the mean time. I've had most of the fill removed, but I still have a touch of restriction occasionally So lately, sometimes when I eat, I get a weird pain in my abdomen. Not up in my chest hear my band, but lower near my port, sometimes it feels even lower than that. I don't have any problems swallowing or anything, but like standing up after eating sort of hurts. I've also felt a twinge of pain (or something) when I twist wrong when I'm laying in bed.

Also, sorry for the TMI, but my abdomen aches lots of times after I go #2.

Thoughts on that? I'm seriously terrified of erosion. I'm planning on doing my revision in 1 surgery, and I don't want anything screwing it up.

Are you having the band removed and a sleeve performed or just the band fixed??????

Band revised to a sleeve, all in one surgery.

Also, I forgot to mention, all this achy-ness goes away after a short while. Like I digest a bit, and then it doesn't hurt any more.

I had t his same thing happen to me TWICE!!! I had 2 differnt lap=band, and they both prolapsed after I got sick one time with food poisioning and the flu the next time. I had pain after having my saline removed while waiting to have the band removed, there was no erosion and it was 3 motnhs after I had to have the saline removed at the Er until I had the band removed. You should be okay. The pain, for me was gas from having the band IN, but not filled and yet having some restriction.

Best of luck to you on the revision.

I have a slip also,am having revision March 30th,also have same issues that you r having...

Welcome to the club, colorchic. Seems like there's a lot of us here.

Yes I'm seeing that! We won"t be Poster people for Lap-Band!LOL

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!