Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on Feb 4th. , so that makes me 12 days out. I started a full liquid diet 2 weeks pre op then swithed to full liquids about 1 week preop. I have not has any bowel movement since a week before surgery (the start of clear liquids). I came home from MX. I am doing wonderful. I just started full liquids 2 days ago,which really only have consisted of clears and creamed pureed Soup, about a cup a day, also Protein Shakes and Protein added to other Clear Liquids.< /p>

My question is, should I of had a bowel movement by now?

I do not feel constipated but am becoming somewhat achey. I was prone to getting constipated whenever I went on a diet in the past. Also, I am concerned with what I take considering I am not even 2 weeks out from surgery yet. I am afraid to take anything because of my new stomach healing. If something is recommended anyone no anything mild on the stomach?

I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Thank you!

I would think so - you might want to think of taking some milk of magnesia?

Seems like it took me a while, but I never was in pain or uncomfortable. I struggle with it now because I mostly eat Protein, so I handle it by taking a magnesium every night at bedtime, and very rarely I take a stool softner. Usually with the magnesium and then coffee the next morning, I go with no problem. I think in your case it might have something to do with being on liquids. I remember worrying about it during that stage too.

:)

I started putting a large scoop of Miralax in my Breakfast Protein Shake. I have not been going daily but my stools are more normal but small.

Seems like it took me a while, but I never was in pain or uncomfortable. I struggle with it now because I mostly eat Protein, so I handle it by taking a magnesium every night at bedtime, and very rarely I take a stool softner. Usually with the magnesium and then coffee the next morning, I go with no problem. I think in your case it might have something to do with being on liquids. I remember worrying about it during that stage too.

:)

Hi Kelly,

Do you think a swig or two of coffee will hurt my stomach this early out? That always helped me in the past.

Benefiber, unflavored in every Protein Shake - works for me!

I would think so - you might want to think of taking some milk of magnesia?

Ty Circa

I don't think Dr Kelly's post-op diet said we could not have it? I started back on coffee at 2-3 wks out. If you are nervous about it, try warm Water with lemon juice and stevia/splenda in it. I saw somewhere it is mostly the warmth of the coffee that helps us "go". Or you could try a little coffee and if it didn't bother you, proceed with more.

Miralax works great for me

I am a big fan of Benefiber here. I don't think it is as big of a deal not to go when you are on liquids, but when you progress to regular food, you will likely need to manage some Fiber in Beans or supplements.

I was allowed coffee immediately as a clear liquid, but only without cream or sugar. Now I add a scoop of Protein powder and have one cup a day. I am fairly regular. Thank you, coffee.< /p>

Phillips Milk of Magnesia comes in a "double strength" so you can get a full dose with taking less.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches