Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are You 200+Er's?

Great job!! What kind of food/exercise plan are you following??!!

I actually haven't been following anything in particular anymore, other then eating Protein Bars while I'm out instead of buying food and drinking lots of Water. I have been really overwhelmed by a lot of things going on in my personal life these last 2 months do exercise has been hit & miss. I just try to makes sure if I can't exercise I'm making up for it with my diet.

I was sleeved three days ago. I weighed in at 396 and am now 374. I need to loose 200 pds and I'm nervous. Once you fail so many times you start wondering....will this work. I freaked out because I ate a no-sugar added fudge cicle and realized it wasn't sugar free. Geez....lots to learn but I'm going to do it. I'm a little sore and tired but I think I'm going to enjoy my sleeve!! Good Luck everyone!!

You are certainly among friends here. I imagine the majority of us chose this option because we all were unsuccessful with other "diet plans". This works! I started my journey at 387 and as of today I am 289. After 4 months. If you commit to this you can be extremely successful. I still have a ways to go to get to my goal of 175 but I get more motivated every day. Congrats on your surgery and keep us all posted!

I was weighed yesterday at my NUT's office and I'm still stalled. That's at least 5 weeks, out of the (not quite) 8 I've been sleeved. My logical brain gets it, and is telling me all the things I would tell someone else. My emotional brain is getting really fed up, confused, and quite disgusted.

My NUT wants me to up carbs, calories and Protein - in that order. As of yesterday. So I'm trying to switch things up a bit and still meet all intake goals - with no additional sleeve capacity. That is proving a bit tough (as I sit here gurgling on a strawberry slice).

Logical brain knows this is temporary, but emotional brain feels like maybe this wasn't the right decision (even though logical brains knows it was). Luckily. logical brain is still the boss.

Ugh! I am soo upset with myself! I really thought that by now I would be down at least 50 lbs! I haven't even busted out of the 400's yet. I am trying really hard but I am not being successful!

I just did a naked happy dance. I Weighed in this morning at 238.2. 2.8 lbs lost since last week AND I made it to 80 lbs lost so far. Now, my mini goal is 225, that will be the approximate weight I was when I met my hubs and his best friend 18 years ago. Then I will be going for Onederland.

I also had to get a new bathing suit last night and for the first time I didn't cry out of misery. I am down 5 sizes. :-)

Ugh! I am soo upset with myself! I really thought that by now I would be down at least 50 lbs! I haven't even busted out of the 400's yet. I am trying really hard but I am not being successful!

Have you talked to your doctor or dietician about it yet? I've had small stalls along the way and I just recheck what I'm doing and I'm off again. That would be my best advice. What's your diet like?

I am doing great! Tomorrow I have my exercise consult. They are going to re-measure me. I am excited for those totals. I have been seeing and feeling a difference. I am looking forward to the next 50 lbs of! :D I am LOVING my sleeve!!!!! :D

Ok folks- I just posted a clothing grab on the clothing exchange area. If you need sizes 32 down to size 26, go over there. Whoever makes the first post on that thread, I'll send 'em the clothes. (There are only 2 size 32 blouses, but lots of 30s and 28s and 26)

--danielle

Saying hi! This thread was a great motivation for me to read.I'm pre op still and have my first appointment with my surgeon in a few weeks. I've seen mostly posts from people in the 200 range but it's SO nice to see people who are close to my weight! My all time high weight was around 370- but I would say I'm about 350ish right now (Don't have a scale right now) I've wanted to have WLS for a long time, but for one reason or another have not gone through with it. This time I'm determined to go for it! Before surgery I want to try to loose 20-30lbs puting me in thr 330 range. I had set my 'goal' to 200lbs...never thinking it would be even possibly to go lower then that being as big as I am. But after reading this thread it's motivated me A LOT! I feel like I would actually be able to get to onederland some day with hard work and dedication! 200 is still my first goal but I feel like 150 would be possible down the line now!

Thanks so much for making this post!! I'll report back after my surgeon visit on the 18th! :)