Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Psa: Oopsie! One Million Birth Control Pill Packets Recalled

Since pregnancy should be avoided the first year or 2 after WLS I wanted to share this article about the bc pill recall:

Well ain’t that some ****?! ONE MILLION PFIZER BIRTH CONTROL pills RECALLED! Hope you all didn’t plan on those really working! icon_wink.gif

Blue-Stahli-surprised-face-774141.jpg

Surprise!

clear-blue-easy-fucked-300x225.jpg

One Million Birth Control Pill Packets Recalled

Filed under: Adverse Effects,Women’s Contraception,Women’s Health — Mike Mitka

Improper packaging of certain birth control pills manufactured by Pfizer and sold under the Akrimax Pharmaceuticals brand may leave women without adequate contraception, putting them at risk for unintended pregnancy. (Image: FDA)

Pfizer is withdrawing a reported 1 million packets of birth control pills because errors in how the pills were packaged may put women at risk for unintended pregnancy.

The company is recalling 14 lots each of Lo/Ovral-28 (norgestrel and ethinyl estradiol) Tablets and Norgestrel and Ethinyl Estradiol Tablets (generic), intended for customers in the US market. The tablets were manufactured and packaged by Pfizer and marketed by Akrimax Rx Products under the Akrimax Pharmaceuticals brand. These products are packaged in blister packs containing 21 tablets of active ingredients and 7 tablets of inert ingredients. Adequate contraception depends on a woman taking the proper pills in a designated sequence.

The products were distributed to warehouses, clinics, and retail pharmacies nationwide.

In an investigation, Pfizer found that some blister packs may not contain the proper number of inert or active ingredient tablets and that some of the tablets might be out of sequence. As a result, the daily regimen for these oral contraceptives may be incorrect and could leave women without adequate contraception and at risk for unintended pregnancy. Pfizer said that women who took the recalled pills should begin using a nonhormonal form of contraception immediately and urged patients who have taken the recalled medications to notify their physicians and return any unused tablets to the pharmacy.

Any adverse events that may be related to the use of these products should be reported to Akrimax Medical Information at 1-877-509-3935 (8 AM to 7 PM Central standard time, Monday through Friday) or to the US food and Drug Administration’s MedWatch Program either online, by regular mail, or by fax. For regular mail, use the postage-paid, preaddressed Form FDA 3500; to fax, dial 1-800-FDA-0178 (1-800-332-0178).

Information about the lot numbers of the affected packets of birth control pills can be found here.

Scary. And to think that my husband thinks that I'm crazy for wanting to use condoms even if I'm on the pill. I've long believed in the belt and suspenders method.

Scary. And to think that my husband thinks that I'm crazy for wanting to use condoms even if I'm on the pill. I've long believed in the belt and suspenders method.

Men never want to use condoms! But it is the best PROTECTION in many ways! Tell him to read this and PUT A SOCK ON IT! ;-)

This makes me thrilled that I had a tubal in my late 20's! I can't imagine being 45 and pregnant!! My granny did it, but that's one Family Tradition I can do without!!

Men never want to use condoms! But it is the best PROTECTION in many ways! Tell him to read this and PUT A SOCK ON IT! ;-)

I'm fortunate. He's very good about complying with the wearing of the "sock."

This makes me thrilled that I had a tubal in my late 20's! I can't imagine being 45 and pregnant!! My granny did it, but that's one Family Tradition I can do without!!

Heh. My mother had me when she was 46 & my father was 58. I still think that it was a menopausal oops for them. I also question the wisdom of pairing a menopausal woman and a small child together. Bless her heart and may she rest in peace, but there were times... :)

Amen to that Lissa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

LOL Malyss!! I cannot imagine being totally responsible for an infant or toddler at my age. I'd do it if I had to, but I would be very tempted to ask if the pound would take it! I raised mine and I'm looking forward to grandkids! :)

Yep! I just finished a pack of pills that's in the list of 'bad' lots and my cycle was all kinds of ****ed last month! I thought it was because of the pre-op liquid diet and then the surgery, but apparently not! Or at least, not all of it!

And I have two more packs from the same lot. Yeesh.

Thankfully, mine aren't really for birth control, per se, just regularity. :P

Yep! I just finished a pack of pills that's in the list of 'bad' lots and my cycle was all kinds of ****ed last month! I thought it was because of the pre-op liquid diet and then the surgery, but apparently not! Or at least, not all of it!

And I have two more packs from the same lot. Yeesh.

Thankfully, mine aren't really for birth control, per se, just regularity. :tongue2:

Get rid of them! I think u can exchange them out for some that are supposedly not defective, lol.