Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Was Your Post Op Diet Like?

I've been roaming around looking through posts but I cant seem to find any answers

Whats it like post op as far as diet?

Are you drinking Protein shakes for the rest of your life?

Can anyone take me week by week as far as their diet and what they could tolerate.

Also what is an appropriate amount of Protein to consume?

Whats it like a couple months down the line?

I have my pre surgery visit like 4 days before my surgery so I want to make sure Im prepared in advance.

Thanx =)

whether you drink Protein shakes or not for the rest of your life really is up to you. Once your stomach heals, what you put in it is going to be up to you. If you can eat enough Protein in regular food, then you shouldn't ever need to drink a Protein shake again.

I would think somewhere between 60-90 grams of protein a day would be where you would want to be. At least that's what I'll be shooting for - it depends on your activity level, etc I think as well.

I'm only 4 days out from surgery so I can't really tell you what I'm able to tolerate yet. Today I've had some broth and Water and some popsicles. I don't feel hungry at all. On friday, I'm going to move to thicker liquids since i'll be a week out. Protein Shakes and maybe some creamy Soups. Looking forward to that. It will be good to have a bit more flavor in the mouth.

My husband always tries to sneak off to eat - but I tell him its okay - he can eat in front of me - it doesn't bother me. My only limit is no sardines because the thought makes me nauseous haha. Pre-op was another story - he couldn't eat in front of me because i was hungry haha.

I've been roaming around looking through posts but I cant seem to find any answers

Whats it like post op as far as diet?

Are you drinking Protein shakes for the rest of your life?

Can anyone take me week by week as far as their diet and what they could tolerate.

Also what is an appropriate amount of Protein to consume?

Whats it like a couple months down the line?

I have my pre surgery visit like 4 days before my surgery so I want to make sure Im prepared in advance.

Thanx =)

Well I work out alot since my sergery so my protien intake is a gram per pound of my total weight. At first you will want to do sugar free popcycles & Hot tea with splenda both are great to ease your stomach. you have to be very careful with your stomach for the first six to eight weeks. shakes are a good way to get your day started I drink Myofusion Bannana and put powder or liquid multi Vitamins in it and use a bullet blender as my routine every morning and also if i want a snack at night. its easy on your stomach and a total Meal Replacement after eight -ten weeks continue the shakes but add real food like fish and stuff but for the best results try to base your meals on protien. If you WORKOUT like i did you will loose weight fast and boost your matabolism bigger muscles burn more fat and aid in weight control. Its a life change not a quick fix so plan on who you want to be a year from now and give it all you got while your body is restricted ten to twelve months...Im in week 14..from 374 to 190 added 45lbs of muscle for a total 235lbs 14%body fat no loose skin..

Your stats are phenomenonal. I am only a week out and I'm curious about your workout routine. I have been walking a lot, as I haven't been released for more rigorous workouts. How long did you work out? Circuits? All cardio? When did you start lifting weights? Sorry for all the questions...

Well I work out alot since my sergery so my protien intake is a gram per pound of my total weight. At first you will want to do sugar free popcycles & Hot tea with splenda both are great to ease your stomach. you have to be very careful with your stomach for the first six to eight weeks. shakes are a good way to get your day started I drink Myofusion Bannana and put powder or liquid multi Vitamins in it and use a bullet blender as my routine every morning and also if i want a snack at night. its easy on your stomach and a total Meal Replacement after eight -ten weeks continue the shakes but add real food like fish and stuff but for the best results try to base your meals on protien. If you WORKOUT like i did you will loose weight fast and boost your matabolism bigger muscles burn more fat and aid in weight control. Its a life change not a quick fix so plan on who you want to be a year from now and give it all you got while your body is restricted ten to twelve months...Im in week 14..from 374 to 190 added 45lbs of muscle for a total 235lbs 14%body fat no loose skin..

Your stats are phenomenonal. I am only a week out and I'm curious about your workout routine. I have been walking a lot, as I haven't been released for more rigorous workouts. How long did you work out? Circuits? All cardio? When did you start lifting weights? Sorry for all the questions...

Well at first no lifting so buy a resistance band with like 20-30lbs resistance then this puts no strain on your abdomen while getting a jumpstart on leg and arm strength..after a two month low weight and olyptical cardio for a total of an hr a day weekends off unless your pumped to do more cardeo but no muscle on the weekends.. move in month two to a core and leg heavy weight ontop of your 30min cardeo total of 30min cardeo and 1hr. muscle workout legs heavy once a week and core like back and lats.. take it slow going up in weight like 5lbs every 2-3 weeks fill the other three days with arms and chest. these are big groups of the bodys largest muscles you work them hard once a week and they take three days to repair.. so three days of high speed metabolism gets things rocking. sore at first i warn you.. leg squats and weighted lunges will put it on you also the core of your back will be slow to get built up but you will love what you see in weight loss. when you start in month 3 to get heavy at the gym make sure you eat some kind of complex carbs along with your protien shakes this is key to building bigger muscles and as simple as wheat thins and cheese a few times a day as a snack also I eat alot of penuts almonds and pistachios. But keep your focus more on Water and low carb low sugar also good Multivitamins as much as possible.. and get a good protien shake.. Myofusion is the best for the money online 5lbs 35$. thats 64 shakes less than 65cent no one can beat that. Trust me i bought alot of crap like vitaluss and others that were half as good for tripple the cost. those shakes were my best investment along with alot of good green teas hot tea and splenda early on..feel free to ask me as much as you want i will post pictures on profile maybe tonight..

Well at first no lifting so buy a resistance band with like 20-30lbs resistance then this puts no strain on your abdomen while getting a jumpstart on leg and arm strength..after a two month low weight and olyptical cardio for a total of an hr a day weekends off unless your pumped to do more cardeo but no muscle on the weekends.. move in month two to a core and leg heavy weight ontop of your 30min cardeo total of 30min cardeo and 1hr. muscle workout legs heavy once a week and core like back and lats.. take it slow going up in weight like 5lbs every 2-3 weeks fill the other three days with arms and chest. these are big groups of the bodys largest muscles you work them hard once a week and they take three days to repair.. so three days of high speed metabolism gets things rocking. sore at first i warn you.. leg squats and weighted lunges will put it on you also the core of your back will be slow to get built up but you will love what you see in weight loss. when you start in month 3 to get heavy at the gym make sure you eat some kind of complex carbs along with your protien shakes this is key to building bigger muscles and as simple as wheat thins and cheese a few times a day as a snack also I eat alot of penuts almonds and pistachios. But keep your focus more on Water and low carb low sugar also good multivitamins as much as possible.. and get a good protien shake.. Myofusion is the best for the money online 5lbs 35$. thats 64 shakes less than 65cent no one can beat that. Trust me i bought alot of crap like vitaluss and others that were half as good for tripple the cost. those shakes were my best investment along with alot of good green teas hot tea and splenda early on..feel free to ask me as much as you want i will post pictures on profile maybe tonight..

Hey thanx so much for your imput Im def going to try and follow your routine. Im T-24 days till I have my surgery but Im trying to work out 4-5 times a week and eat really good just so my body will get used to these habits and it wont be so hard after I recover from the surgery. Do you do a lot of working out at home or are you more of a gym person? Im going to look up the myofusion now Protein shakes seem so expensive so the more I can get for my money the better, do you get it on any specific website. Also what you were saying about building more muscle, I know once I start doing weight trainging and all that I will loose weight but also gain muscle. Now of course Im not trying to be hulk holgan but would you suggest that type of intake for women as well? I want to do whatever is necessary to not have saggy skin lol. Im only 24 so I hope my age and good genes of skin elasticity plays a role but Im going to try my hardest to not go into the realm of having anymore surgeries. Again thank you so much for your advise.