Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't post much but I read everyday, everyone seems so upbeat and appears to be doing wonderfully, preparing for surgery. Am I the only one who is really struggling? My weight has been going up and down like the proverbial yoyo! I am desperately trying to hold down the 10% loss that I had to do to get on the surgery list. It has been a full scale struggle. I am terrified that I won't be able to keep it off until March 19, my surgery date. I am not eating more or doing anything 'wrong' or different so why does my weight keep going up and down. :confused_smile:

I am also getting really concerned about one of our number who has been absent from this board for some time. Has anyone heard from SmokyMtnGrl. I know she had her surgery and was doing very well but I have not heard from her or seen anything posted from her since early November 11.

Man pre-op I was as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs! I was getting real uptight and was glad that being self paid I didn't have to wait that long. I think if I did have to wait for months I would of gone nuts. So you're in good company.

P.S. I'm afraid I'm guilty of putting on a happy face when I am not really happy. I've been bummed a lot recently but try and keep up appearances for everyone else. So all is not as it seems, we all get down in the dumps and get anxious.

Phoenix,

For every up-beat post on this forum, there are at least 10 lurkers who are having a hard time. You're not alone. I was so depressed after my surgery, because I had lost what I thought was my best friend: food. That's changed, and now I'm discovering new friends. But really, we all have crappy days.

Rootman, I love reading your posts. You're a great person, and remind me a lot of my wonderful hubby. You rock, sir. :Banane55:

Pheonix,

You are absolutely not alone in this! I love how BionicBroad put it - for every up-beat post, there are at least 10 lurkers having a hard time. I don't have any explanation for the up and down weight but wanted to reinforce the fact that you are certainly not the only one. Come here often for support and answers to your questions - that has helped me tremendously and I am not sleeved yet either. I love your posts too Rootman!

One day at a time, my friend.

I don't post much but I read everyday, everyone seems so upbeat and appears to be doing wonderfully, preparing for surgery. Am I the only one who is really struggling? My weight has been going up and down like the proverbial yoyo! I am desperately trying to hold down the 10% loss that I had to do to get on the surgery list. It has been a full scale struggle. I am terrified that I won't be able to keep it off until March 19, my surgery date. I am not eating more or doing anything 'wrong' or different so why does my weight keep going up and down. :confused_smile:

I am also getting really concerned about one of our number who has been absent from this board for some time. Has anyone heard from SmokyMtnGrl. I know she had her surgery and was doing very well but I have not heard from her or seen anything posted from her since early November 11.

I'm telling you, stress will affect your scale. Especially if you are Pre-Op. You might have to find ways to relax a little bit. It sounds like you're doing really well IMO, it is REALLY hard to keep weight off before surgery. Look toward the positive side!! Either that or find a new hobby, try to relieve your mind a little bit of 24/7 surgery thoughts. It's tough, trust me I know... BTDT.

Also, there will be a lot of post oppers who will stop logging in to check in or whatever. They have their surgeries and start living their lives. Perhaps go to her profile and send her a Private Message or email her. I do believe she should receive an email either way.

Hugs!!! You WILL get through this. :)

Stop playing the number game. I weight once a week. Thats it. Keep in mind why your doing this. When I'm walking and running "old lady jogging" as my daughter calls it. I imagine I'm running to my grandkids. I have none as of yet. This represents My future. Its what keeps me running and on my diet while I.wait for approval. I get down also. But I journal everyday. It helps so much. Find a mentor. I have a great person. He lives in my area and went to the same. Dr. Hes helped a bunch. Good luck.

I like that "running to my grandkids" line. Great motivator!!! :) I don't have any yet either, but my cousins all have several and they are adorable!! :)

Wow, thanks everyone for your replies and your encouragement. I guess that's why I am such a dedicated lurker. Perhaps I should try and post more often.

Rootman: it really helped to know I am not alone, even if it sounds that everyone is doing ok it helped me to know that is not always the case. Does that sound awful, I feel better because other people feel bad, eugh, not nice but I suppose human! We all want to be understood I guess. Congratulations by the way on a fantastic weight loss.

thebionicbroad: that was a great way of putting it and it does feel better to know that there are other lurkers who feel like I do. Thank you

JayhawkJess33: Yes your right, I should just take each day at a time and hopefully at the end of it it will all work out in the end.

LilMissDiva: Hello again, you could be right about the stress. I have been extra stressed recently and that does have a bad effect on me. I suppose it often takes fresh eyes to see a problem. I have tried a private message to SmkyMntnGirl and until Nov 11 she had been replying but nothing since. I don't feel that she would not respond knowing I was worried for her. (which makes me all the more concerned) Thanks for the hugs, they came at the right time.

Finaly4me: I like the idea of a journal and might try that. Unfortunately I have no one in my area to talk to and only my husband knows about my future surgery. He is very supportive but he has never been overweight so although he tries to really understand how I feel about it, it is just not the same as someone who has been there. Congrats on the 'running' I am too heavy to run but am doing as much walking as I can.

I found my mentor here. Just lucky to have found one in the same area as me. Good luck