Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any one in NW WA

OK, and now for the NEWS!

I realized I had been wearing the SAME stupid bras since I was banded....and shirts were starting to look funky....SO, I went to Macy's yesterday and had a fitting......OK I WAS in a 48DD.....and the new size is.......TADA! 42D! Yippee!!!! I kept "wondering" why my bust size wasn't moving.....It was the old SUPER padded bras....they just stood out there even though my boobs were basically just sitting in the bottom of the cups. LOL. OOOH AAAHHH. I wanted to have a burning ceremony for the old bras.....Dave and the kids weren't "into it"....LOLOLOLOL!

Happy day!

Mer

Hello

Anybody from Spokane WA going to get banded soon. Trying to figure out who else is out there. I am waiting to get banded after my initial visits with surgeon in a few weeks.

Mer...

I'm almost ready to buy an new set of bras...again. I've already thrown out the b4-band size and today I looked down while trying on some dresses and realized the suckers were only 1/2 full. May be exciting if you start at a DD, but a little discouraging when your B's are sagging!

By the way...the dresses were size 14!!! never thought I'd even dream of a 14 again. Still got a ways to go in the but, but the fuller skirted dresses were snug, but they did FIT!!!

Yesterday I was telling Wendy how overwelmed I am when I go shopping. I'm so programmed to ignore 90% of the store and only look at the PLUS sizes, where there is very little selection. I've always based my purcahses on "if it fits". Now there is an entire store (except the PLUS department) and it almost scares me. I don't do well with SOOOO many choices! I guess I'll just have to learn how to deal with it...it's a tough world! LOL

I hit Marshal clearance yesterday and wow did I do good. I bought Ralf Lauren pants, originally $159.00, for $39.00 and $49.00. Both were size 16, down from a 20W. I'm with Sue on the selection, it took me three hours to scour out everything and try it on. I ended up with three pair of pants, 4 shirts, and two pair of shoes. That should get me through the winter. My old clothes were just looking dated or to big. Bummer dude!

Hye Girls,

I have to tell you about this stuff I found at costco that I am trying....It's a cortisol, hoodia, weight loss liquid formula in a bottle. It's great for abdominal fat etc. and has chromium in it. Anyway, I've been using it all week and the pounds have been dropping off....AND I don't feel hungry. IN fact, it has really curbed my cravings. WAAAAY cool, huh? It's by a company called Body Choice. And it's their Cortisol Weight Loss Formula. I think it was 18.99 or 19.99 and has 32 1 oz servings. It says it curbs cravings, boosts metabolism and manages cortisol levels. It's in a white bottle with a colorful label. I just put DAVE on a diet and I am giving him the stuff, too.

IN other news....ARE we having the support group tomorrow nite at St. Joes? I am for sure going. Who else will be there? I'm going to try to get Rachel to come. She's got youth group some Monday's so I'm not sure if she can yet....Anyway! Everyone come on down so we can oooh and ahhh at each others "newly fitted" boobs!

Can I get a Yippe Ki-Oh-Ki-Ay from everyone!!!!

Mer

I'll be there if I'm still among the walking. I had three go down with the flu this weekend so I'm avoiding my family as much as possible, hee hee. I really don't have time for it plus I have no idea what would happen if I started throwing up with the band. Has anyone had the stomach flu while banded?

I'll wear my new clothes!

Mer and Sue,

It was sure nice seeing you both last night at the meeting. The meetings sure help me. They get me re-focused and also just to be able to talk with everyone is great.

Mer I like you hair cut, very cute.

Question - they were talking about the Spanks under garments when I first got there. Does anyone know where you get can them for a good price?

Take care, I'm off to try my new "Red" machine. Yippee!!!

Dawn

Hi Dawn, Nice to see you too!!!! Thanks for the hair compliment. It's sooooo much easier to do.

As for "Spanks" I got one at Lane Bryant that I never wore. I'm selling it on ebay....it's for a much bigger girl than you or me....LOL. They also have them at Torrid (in the Tacoma Mall).

Oh and everyone....I was talking about that cortisol hoodia weight loss stuff at costco....I went there today to get a couple more for my pantry, but they were OUT! Darn their hides.....So I went to the website... BODYCHOICE NUTRITION and ordered a couple. The price is $24.95 and shipping is free. Anyway, I really LOVE the stuff. I'm down a couple more pounds. Don't know if it's totally attributed to that or the Muscle Milk or both....but it's working for me. And I know one of the gals there last nite was all wierd about muscle milk because it has some kind of fake sugar she doesn't approve of....but it makes me feel better than the Champion whey and it has a ton of other Vitamins, which may save me in supplement costs in the long run. I also found a website that has the muscle milk for a much lower price than Super supplements or even Costco...and lots of flavors. It's a1nutrition.com and the shipping is pretty low.

OK, that's my sermonette for the day......

OOOH! I found the perfect boots at Payless Shoes today for my Star Trek Costume mini dress......I AM too sexy for my boots!

Mer

Dawn...

I really enjoyed the metting on Monday too. It seems so long to go a whole month, I'd really like to get together for a Soup night or walking once a month too. Maybe there's a good deli (at the mall or something) where they would have Soups and salads, then we could walk.

Mer...

Too funny on the Boots...LOL

I have to go to costco today, I might look for some of your potions :)

:update:

All of my paperwork was submitted to Aetna on 10/3/07 and now I am just on hold. It really feels like my whole life is on hold. I can't make solid plans for the holidays because if it is approved, I'll probably have to schedule around either Thanksgiving or Christmas in order to get the max time off from work. I feel frustrated most days but I am relieved that the endless appointments are all done... for now. I have decided that if the surgery is not approved, I will keep going with the diet and join Weight Watchers (again) for support. Hopefully I won't even have to deal with that if the surgery is approved, but it is comforting to know that I am making positive changes no matter the outcome from the insurance. :clap2:

I have continued to drop weight slowly after the initial 14 pounds the physician monitored diet. I weighed myself this morning and I am down between 17 and 19 pounds. I am certainly glad about that. :bounce:It varies sometimes so I am not really sure of the real number - but whatever.

My coworkers told me it's time to buy new work pants. I am not ready to do that yet! I want to go down a bit more so that I feel really good about the size that I buy.

All in all - I am okay. Insurance waiting stuff is tortuous but one way or another I am on the road to a healthier me.

Hi ellen, I just got banded on 10/16/07 with Dr. Oh at St Francis Hospital in Federal Way, so far soo good, just trying to get healed up. My experience with Dr. Oh has been pretty good, he knows his stuff and i was in and out of ther hospital with no problem. My dad also had surgery with Dr. Oh on August 23rd 2007, so we are going through this together, were both self paying patients, it was around 12,800 for the surgery not including pre-op testing, the cheaspest price i've found around WA.

Chelsey...

Congrats, hope your recovery is speedy. The first couple weeks can drag, but you'll turn the corner quickly, just don't push it, give yourself some time to heal. I'm a huge believer in support groups...are you involved in one?

Sue

It's a sunny day here in Tacoma so get out there and walk people!!!! It's hard to stay active when it is cold and rainy. I am wanting to go into hibernation for the winter but that just added lots of weight on in the past. I'm coming up on the sixth month mark since surgery and it's a good thing I can't take it out because by now I would have stopped dieting or removed it. I'm feeling a bit discouraged from being on this plateau for sooooo long! I need a plateau breaker!!